We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

(OOC) A Brief (Asynchronous) History of Erinor

For any comments, queries, suggestions or complaints.  I look forward to hearing from you.

So, I've been working on this all day, either in actuality, or in my head.  I might be obsessed, but it beats worrying about selling ceiling lights, I can tell you that!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

To all my South American friends (you all feel like friends, already!), I am very sorry (not sorry) for pilfering the ancient history of your continent as I create the back story for Erinor. It seemed to fit the climate and location of Erinor to go down that route and I was interested in exploring the idea of a pre-Columbian-style culture not destroyed by colonialism, so that's where I'm going with it.

I have to say that reading about pre-Columbian civilisations (on Wikipedia) during the quiet hours at work has made the last few days infinitely more enjoyable! Also, I've learnt some surprising things, like the fact that Crystal Dynamics didn't just make Tiwanaku up for Tomb Raider: Legend (well, I'd never heard of it before...), and the more legitimately interesting details about how the Amazon rainforest is almost certainly not a pristine wilderness, but a landscape shaped by thousands of years of silviculture and human habitation. I do love me some ancient history!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8