We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Voting Records

Esteemed Delegates,

In my role as Permanent Representative from the Republic of Kringalia, I have often found myself in the need to consult the Library in this very building, only to find that records have been badly kept, sometimes even without any identifying data or numbering system. I find this situation unacceptable, and thus would like to propose the following resolution:

[Image: eF1eZBJ.png]

RESOLUTION 006
ON THE ADOPTION OF NEW PROCEDURES FOR THE KEEPING OF RECORDS BY THE ORGANISATION

In view of the poor state of recordkeeping by this Organisation and the need for improvements for the benefit of future generations, the Southern Council resolves as follows:

1. Council Resolutions

All motions passed by this Council shall be assigned a resolution number by the Council President and filed as such in the Library of the Organisation.

2. Secretariat Statements

All statements by the Secretariat in direct response to accession and observer applications and all other statements in response to inquiries by this Council or to international events shall be numbered by the Secretary General and filed as such in the Library of the Organisation.

3. Past Records

The Secretary General is hereby directed to:
  • Order all passed motions and Secretariat statements in separate lists in the order in which they were passed or issued.
  • Assign an adequate number to each, and renumber any resolution that has an indadequate number.
  • Draft appropriate resolution texts for those resolutions that lack a text and submit them to this Council so any member may express their objections and suggest changes to the text. Should there be no objections, he is authorised to include the resolutions in the official record.
4. Records of Subsidiary Bodies

All bodies subsidiary to this Council, as established by resolutions present and future, shall designate authorities of their own to keep records of their own proceedings, decisions and statements, and those shall be deposited in the Library.

5. Clarification

A resolution shall be any motion passed by this Council, including actions in response to international events, accession of new members, expulsion or suspension of members, amendments to the Charter, passage, amending or repeal of other resolutions and election or removal of Organisation officials.

6. Signatories

This Resolution shall be binding upon all members of the Southern Cooperation Organisation and may not be reserved.

Resolved on XX XXXX 2016,

Jeffrey Vale
Permanent Representative
Republic of Kringalia
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

The Farengeto Repulblic approves of this resolution.

As do we.

Anna Wong
Permanent Representative to the Southern Cooperation Organization
Federal Republic of Karnetvor
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

"Why something so administrative must be made into a resolution? Is it not the organization's responsibility to actually keep all documents and votes in tally? Have we not took note of all documents since the beginning of this organization? If such administration exist, a question must be raised upon the reliability of those who control the library.

I have to say that an effort to make an international resolution in order to 'KEEPING OF RECORDS' is redundant, could we not simply state the disorganization of the library to those who is in charge of administration? Instead of making a resolution for every act that should've been done in the first place, like proper filing?

Hammerstarian Junior Delegate to the SCO
Francis Drummond
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

I fail to understand what the Junior Delegate is protesting. It was found that no authority was explicitly tasked with keeping proper records of formal decisions in this Organisation, which has led my delegation to propose a reasonable fix to the situation. Is this really the kind of issue that should be turned into an unnecessary argument?

Jeffrey Vale
Permanent Representative
Republic of Kringalia
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

"Wait.... what did he just said? There was found no authority tasked with keeping proper records of this organisation? Is anyone in here as shocked as we are about this? Correct me if I'm wrong honorabe delegate of kingalia, are you saying that since the establishment of this organisation, there are no efforts in keeping records?

Hammerstarian Senior International Delegate To The SCO
Dee Lestari

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

What I have said is that records exist, but there are no provisions on how they should be catalogued or who should be tasked with such cataloguing. If the Council President will entertain a brief example, while there is a record on paper of the accession of Hammerstar, the paper itself is not numbered and is a mere record of the vote, rather than an actual resolution that properly highlights the importance of the act of accession. What Kringalia wishes to accomplish with this resolution is to remedy this situation and ensure that records are properly identified, for ease of consultation.

Jeffrey Vale
Permanet Representative
Republic of Kringalia

Legal Resources:

"It sounds like a grand idea, and we support any attempts to make life in this organization much easier. However, we see no reason to make this into a resolution. Could we not simply tell those who run administration to start to log documents in a neater and more organized manner?"

Francis Drummond

- Doraemon

If the ambassador carefully considers it, any act by this Council to direct the Secretariat to do that would be, in effect, a resolution.

Jeffrey Vale
Permanet Representative
Republic of Kringalia

Legal Resources:

"It is simply silly that something so insubstantial to the stance of this organization to international politics must be made into a major international discussion."

Francis Drummond

- Doraemon