We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nominations for Chair of the Assembly

Read this Carefully

Hello and welcome to the April 2014 Elections. You've made it! This thread pertains to the delegate and vice delegate nominations. Elections will follow the procedure outlined in the Code of Laws. Citizens may either suggest or nominate a Chair of the Assembly, or nominate themselves. If someone nominates a citizen, they must accept their nomination. Bear in mind the duties of the Chair of the Assembly are as follows:

Charter Wrote:Section 2 - Chair of the Assembly and Duties of the Chair.
1. The Assembly will elect a Chair which will be responsible for the administration of all aspects of the drafting, debate, and passage of legislation.
2. The Chair of the Assembly will serve on the Cabinet and act as the Legislative Liaison between the Cabinet and Assembly.
3. The Chair will serve a term lasting four months.
4. Procedures for the election of the Chair must be defined in Code of Laws.

Upon accepting a nomination, candidates must submit a Conflict of Interest Disclosure. Details on this are found in the Code of Laws.

Now for some dates!

Nomination period: from now until 04/06/14 at 05:30 UTC (12:30 am EST)
Voting Period: 04/06/12 at 05:30 UTC (12:30 am EST) to 04/09/12 at 05:30 UTC (12:30 am EST)
(note: times are subject to change. Changes will be announced in a timly fashion)

Have at it!

Recognized Candidates Wrote:Belschaft
Tsunamy
Penguin

Penguin
Aramanchovia
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

I nominate HEM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

I'd like to nominate Tsunamy

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I'll toss my hat into the ring for this. CoI and campaign thread to come tomorrow.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I second HEM's nomination
Support The Ice-creamist Movement for Peaceful Unification of Desserts

"In most cases, those who want power probably shouldn't have it, those who enjoy it probably do so for the wrong reasons, and those who want most to hold on to it don't understand that it's only temporary." - J.C. Maxwell

(04-01-2014, 08:50 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Penguin
Aramanchovia

Going to have to decline, getting to a very busy time at work. Thanks for the nomination though.

(04-01-2014, 01:32 PM)Escade Wrote: I'd like to nominate Tsunamy

I second Tsunamy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second Penguin's nomination.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Thanks guys -- it's an honor to be nominated! I'd like to accept my nomination for Chair of the Assembly.

Here's my CoI: Here

And campaign thread: Here