We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Voting Concluded: At Vote: Delegate election

I know we're close to this, but can we have enacting legislation to let the Delegate term to run for the next six months?

It would be silly to have an election and then a followup starting July first. It will essentially be an election staked on top of an election.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I may have missed that out Tounge

Something along the lines of

'The Assembly of the South Pacific resolves that the Delegate election scheduled for July 2016 be cancelled.

The candidate elected for the Delegacy in the special election of June 2016 shall serve for a term lasting until the next Delegate election in January 2017'

Would that be amenable?

Make it a formal resolution and it sounds good.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Wouldn't it be a better idea to just delay this special election for a month, and let the normally scheduled one run as normal?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I don't see the harm in a longer term for the first delegate. There's no technical reason to delay it, aside from maybe getting another person to run.

I'll be fine either way but Bel's way is much simpler surely.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Is there a process we prefer? I think either would be apt, so we we're not doing back to back delegate elections.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'm personally in favor of a longer term versus a delay. I want to see how well the election will work asap, so we can start fixed any glitches. Also, I think the gameside has gone quiet a while now without any elections at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fine with cancelling the scheduled one and just going with a seven month term, if people don't mind having the elections this close to each other.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I'd be fine with either. I'd prefer the 7 month term though.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]