We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] 166th Basil Day

RP info:

So this is basically like a private party, in which all heads of state that Hammerstar has gone in contact with shall be invited to this party. Those on nations on the guest list shall play the role of the party guest, (E.g Hammerstar shall play as the host, High Paladin Dietrich FIllo Do Xeo.). Being the heads of state, you could discuss anything to other guests. You may discuss to Farengeto about their Civil War, or Zadiner about their slavery allegations, or Resentine about information concerning the king.

You can also ask more about Hammerstarian cultures, if you would refer to the host, High Paladin Dietrich Fillo do Xeo. It's like LB&G, but in a more RP diplomatic setting.

I made this RP to know how well your etiquette is if you RP as a Head of State.

NOTE: This event is placed on the 4th of July, but the thread is made earlier.

If you'd like to join, post the application in the OOC:

Application

Long official nation name:
People attending:
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

The Library of Talos in Varisha is decorated for a special event, for today is the 166th Basil Day, commemorating the coronation of her late majesty Holy Queen Lucy Pendragon I and the re-establishment of order to the country. The Palatinate stood high from the start of Basil Day, and such spirit of patriotism and unity continued until the present moment. The hosts has always been a member of the royal clans of Hammerstar, and since last year was the turn of House Chronowallace and House Pendragon, it was the turn of House Layton and House Stonefeather.

Appointed by the elders of the clans, the hosts of the event are Lord Hershel Layton LXVIII and Lady Claire Andosterra Layton from the House of Layton as well as Conte Romano Milano De Visconti-Stonefeather from the House of Stonefeather.

The private party was first hosted by his late majesty Holy King Colin Pendragon II, to remind his subjects and successors on their responsibilities as leaders of the nation, and big of a demand that they would have to meet. Now, there has been many events that transpired since the 165th Basil Day, and nations have grown tall or crumbled down. Hammerstar had recieved considerable fire from the visitors of this event,

In the Three River city of Silvercoat:

High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo himself has sent a couple of invitations to other nations concerning the private party, most of them responded. He was not thinking about that though, he had still remembered the events that transpired in the past few months. The court ruling, the attempted assassination, what else is there? There was so many things that happened, but he kept a straight face. He had second thoughts about attending the event, perhaps he could send someone else? No, he was the High Paladin, and he played host.

Of course, for security reasons, today’s celebration included additional security and protection. One thing for sure, there is an incredibly low percentage of assassination and aggression towards the guests. The same things can’t be said about him, that’s why he wore a bulletproof vest under his suit.

As Hannah knotted Dietrich’s bowtie, Dietrich advised Hannah to wear a bulletproof vest as well. Hannah agreed, but wondered how to mask it. Her dress worn on the mannequin a white empire dress with lacy sleeves. She thought that a black bulletproof vest would certainly ruin her look.

Hannah was still in her t-shirt and her sweatpants, the clock was ticking. Then she remembered something, in the case of a national emergency the Phoenix Order ordered all paladins to wear bulletproof vests. For the male is a thick vest, for the female, apparently there was a shop that sells bulletproof corsets. She took the white bulletproof corset and her empire dress into a walk-in dressing room, bordered with a sliding door.

Dietrich sat on a reclining armchair, waiting for Hannah to prepare. He took off his jacket when he was sitting down, unlike before his jacket was quite standard, it didn’t extend to his knees like before. He wanted a classy look, a suit, red bowtie and oxford shoes. He read the guest list

The V.I.P guest list.

Guest List

• From the Principality of Caasd Currently in Attendance
    Her Royal Highness and Esteemed Company
    HRH Princess Oswin XVIII, Secretary Radcliff Foster, Ambassador Omar Tesfay, and company

• From the Third Republic of Qvait Currently in Attendance
    The Marvellous Neighbours
    President Margaret Harrison, Vice President Julia Burns, Secretary Avianna Aldridge, and company

• From the Kingdom of Sedunn Currently in Attendance
    Esteemed Nobility
    King Vimmru II and his wife Aenn Innienn

• From the Republic of Ubesii Awaiting Arrival
    Respected Leaders
    Crown Prince Kato Mokana, Princess Atry Mokana, Royal Guardswoman Cambyss Taika and company

• From the Autonomous Tanisian Republic Awaiting Arrival
    Newcomers
    Vice Satrap Ardash Pars, Vice Satrap Mitri Achem

• From the Kingdom of Winston IslandCurrently in Attendance
    The humble
    HRH Queen Katelynn Williams, Prime Minister Jonathan Cobb, Minister Sierra Grogg, and company

• From The Lord of Space and PTK of The Solar System Scope Awaiting Arrival
    Unspecified Delegation

• From the Queendom of Imkitopia Awaiting Arrival
    Queen of the Tropics
    HRH Queen Imkihca XXVIII, the Royal assistant Kae Penna, Elder or Foreign Affairs Miho Simian, and company

• From the Federal Republic of Karnetvor Currently in Attendance
    Exalted Delegates
    Minister of Foreign Affairs Josef Kyrzinski and his partner Yulia Sadčenko

• From the Federal Union of Kyrini, Irykia, Siculite Islands, Valivory and the Ryccian Republics Currently in Attendance
    Prominent leaders of the Union
    President Isabela Mukorovos, Prime Minister Vulaq Leaipaq, Chancellor William Fasaroç, and company

• From The Constitutional Monarchy of Zadiner Awaiting Arrival
    Unspecified Delegation

• From The Shangri-La of Alabaster Isles Awaiting Arrival
    Unspecified Delegation

• From The Imperial Frost Federation Currently in Attendance
    Majesties of the Imperial Court
    Frost Emperor Iroh Francis Firenze, Princess Isara Fiore Firenze, Prince Itami Fanalis Firenze, and company

• From The Democratic Republic of Erinor Currently in Attendance
    The honourable
    Ura'sia Yena Yamera-Hyudo, Asa'sio Jruniro Lama-Cyerwaro, and Sityara of Foreign Affairs Sirea Fasya-Arkhando

• From The Royal Society of Neo-Steamlannde Awaiting Arrival
    Steam Royales
    King Byron Brunel VIII, Princess Mona Brunel, Prince Aro Brunel.

• From The Emirate of Sriwijaya Awaiting Arrival
    Crown Princes and Princesses of the Lucent Oceans
    Amirah Siti Rini Rahmawati Arumdalu Badaruddin Sumatrabhumi I, and Company

• From The Anarcho-Pacifist Technocracy of Hammerstar Currently in Attendance
    Their Augustness
    High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo, Sapphire Paladin Hannelore Trump and Oak Paladin Wolfram Strauss.

• From The Humble Sultanate of MetaChrona Awaiting Arrival
    The Impassionate Queen of the Dunes
    HRH Sultana Amala Khadira Al-Sabur and company.

• From The Most Selene Society of Elemine Awaiting Arrival
    His Holiness
    Eliminean Archbishop Lucas Santaza Clemenza Elimina.

• From The Grand Superiority of Roewe Awaiting Arrival
    Dragons of the Land of Red and Gold
    主席 Ying Fa Xiufei and 代表 Lao Feng Roi

• From The Purely Disciplinarium State of Strotenjonsken Currently in Attendance
    Royal eminences
    Kaiser Borzois Zilheim Fáeödorin, Kaiserin Augusta Victoriana Fáeödorin and Chancellor Agatha Adolphannye

• From The Holy Empire of Hohenzollern Awaiting Arrival
    The Redoubtable Nobilities
    Holy Emperor Ivan Schwinnfjörd and Holy Princess Karen of Ösnahausen.

• From The Grand Duchy of Lannoy and Lower Sylvie Awaiting Arrival
    Duc Family
    Grand Duchess Diantha Ilona of Woodlane, Duc Foreign Francisco Jenkins, and company

• Awaiting further confirmations

When Hannah finally finished, she showed her dress to Dietrich. The light from the dressing room was quite bright, to a point that when Hannah exited, the backlight made her very radiant. Dietrich was awestruck. There are only a handful of things that could melt the High Paladin’s icy heart, one of them is Hannah. After Dietrich helped Hannah prepare, they made their way up the penthouse, to a helipad, where a helicopter waited for them.

With Hannah, her axe and her Luxabelle Colt. With Dietrich, his hammer and a 9mm pistol. Their weapons safely concealed behind their clothing. The Technocracy has undergone heavy fire these days, and freudian slip was all it took for a full scale war. Both of them know that there was no margin for error tonight.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Attention! Announcing the arrival of the august leaders of the Technocracy of Hammerstar. His Honour, High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo of Hammerstar, with her grace, Sapphire Paladin Hannelore Trump.

- Library Valet Geoffrey Rockportson

Attention! Announcing the arrival of his acclaimed Paladin and Lord of Culture of the Technocracy of Hammerstar, Oak Paladin Wolfram Strauss.

- Doraemon

There were twelve dignitaries from Qvait and Winston Island that were going to attend the 166th Basil Day, coupled with the numerous members of the Qvaitican Secret Service and the Winstonian Royal Guards. They were attending the festivities a week ahead of a pivotal referendum that would determine the future of their two countries. Air Qvait One, carrying President Margaret Harrison, her daughter Melissa Harrison, Vice President Julia Burns, Secretaries Avianna Aldridge, Victor Cutter, and Giovanni Giletti, and Senators Elias Haynes and Erin Shaw, landed at Monteros International Airport in Winston Island to pick up Queen Katelynn Williams, Prime Minister Jonathan Cobb, Ministers Sierra Grogg and George Watson, and Senator Michael Millsap.

The event was two days away. As the Winstonians boarded the plane, they were greeted by their Qvaitican counterparts. Secretary Victor Cutter and Queen Katelynn Williams, husband and wife, separated from the group to another compartment of the plane. President Margaret Harrison and Prime Minister Jonathan Cobb went to the press section to hold a conference. The other dignitaries joyfully conversed with each other. As for the Secretary and the Queen…

It was the day of the event and the dignitaries were preparing themselves. "You look beautiful," Secretary Cutter said to his wife as she exited her room, wearing a decorative dress. The festivities were about to begin and the Qvaitican and Winstonian delegations were going to be using the same motorcade. It was only a fifteen minute drive, but on the way there, the heads of government were having a conversation about next Tuesday's referendum. President Harrison said, "Hopefully, our people agree to merge." The motorcade had made it to the event.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Attention! Announcing the arrival of the Marvellous leaders of the Third Republic of Qvait. Her honour, President Margaret Harrison, Vice President Julia Burns, Secretary Avianna Aldridge, and company

Attention! Announcing the arrival of the humble visitors of the Kingdom of Winston Island. Humble leaders, Queen Katelynn Williams, Prime Minister Jonathan Cobb, Minister Sierra Grogg, and company

- Doraemon

Jruniro snapped awake as the wheels of the plane touched down. Yena was sitting opposite him, a half smile on her face as she gazed over at him.

"I wondered what it would take," she said, then flicked her gaze out the window at the distant buildings of Silvercoat.

"Have you been to Hammerstar before?" asked Sirea, sitting on the opposite side of the aisle.

"No," the Ura'sia answered, "but it's a place I've always hoped to visit." There was a hint of child-like wonder in her middle-aged eyes.

"We didn't really have the money to travel when I was young," Jruniro said softly, "and then when I got into politics and it became a possibility, there was just never time to come here."

"Well, we're here now," Sirea said with a smile, before adding, sotto voce, "I just hope I don't make a fool of myself before that High Paladin for a second time..."

"You'll do fine, Si," said Yena as the seatbelt lights finally flicked off. She stood up, stretched and then added, "besides, I fully intend to have some fun."

Jruniro had to fight hard to suppress a chuckle. The young men of the opposition called him hen-pecked and joked about him being the Ura'sia's toy boy, but the reality was something completely different. He had the great honour of serving as the deputy head of government to a politician he admired, respected and who was, above all else, his friend. It mattered no more that she was a woman than that there were fifteen years between them.

He was still smiling as they stepped down out of the plan, ladies first, and climbed into the limo.

Attention! Announcing the arrival of the honourable leaders of The Democratic Republic of Erinor. Their excellencies, Ura'sia Yena Yamera-Hyudo, Asa'sio Jruniro Lama-Cyerwaro, and Sityara of Foreign Affairs Sirea Fasya-Arkhando

- Doraemon

High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo and Sapphire Paladin Hannelore Trump was inside the crowd, and they were drinking some lemon water when the Host announced the arrival. They were conversing with one of the head hosts, Lady Claire Andosterra Layton.

"Your excellencies." curtsied Claire. "I believe we have yet to meet, I am Claire, member of the house of Layton."
"Ah I've heard about you, as I recall you were not of the blood?" Asked Dietrich as he kissed Claire's hand.
"No I am not milord, the house of Layton took me in as an orphan. Lady Katia d’Sofia Layton V, my adoptive grandmother, took me in when we met in a library in Hohenzollern, she was intrigued by how I could solve a series of puzzles she presented me. She took me in as an added member of the new generation."
"The house of Layton is intrigued by anyone that can go around solving hard puzzles," responded Hannah, she took another sip of her drink and continued. "The High Paladin and I have been discussing about a certain troubling matter. Would you think that the Kysians are going to attend this event?"
"Our allegiance to Vercopa has made them hate us ma'am." Noted Claire. "At least they considered our acceptance of a Vercopan embassy an allegiance."
"As I recall there were some chill between states last year." Responded Dietrich
"The Union is angry at the host, not the guests. Even Vercopa could come and the Union wouldn't care if they were there. But now that they're angry at us, they might or might not come."
"Might come?" Asked Hannah. "You indicate that there's a possibility of their attendance."
"Nothing is impossible. This is the best place for the union to ensnare some allies. Since this is the biggest diplomatic gathering in the region, states outside the region would attend this event as well."
"Considering the madness that has happened these days, we would need to thread lightly..." Explained Dietrich, "We expect you to do the same."
"I will see to it milord." Responded Claire
"Enough with the politics, Basil Day is a celebration not a conference no?" Interrupted Hannah. "Tell me mademoiselle, would you like a puzzle?"
"Yes ma'am.
"Let's see...There are 10 two-seater cars attached to the fair's Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period?"

Claire gave a thought on the puzzle.

"......42."
"And your reason?"
"For the first nine minutes the Ferris wheel is moving, the cars arriving at the unloading zone are unoccupied. For the last nine minutes of operation, needless to say, no one will be allowed to board the cars. From the time the Ferris wheel fills up at 10 minutes past the hour until the last passenger steps off at 10:30, a total of 21 sets of passengers will have taken a ride on the Ferris wheel."
"You are quite bright Claire, you are indeed correct." Said Hannah with a smile.
"May I offer you a puzzle in return ma'am?" asked Claire.
"Of course." Responded Hannah.
"For you ma'am, I can only live where there is light, but I die if the light shines on me. What am I?"
"...That's a thinker."
"For you milord, Every night I’m told what to do, and each morning I do what i’m told. But I still don’t escape your scold. What am I?"
"....The house of Layton never ceases to amaze me."
"I am grateful for you to spend your time with me, but I must beg my leave. Milord, you ask to meet with the head of security here?"
"Indeed, the entire premises must be safe and secure."
"I shall call him immediately, your excellencies..."

Claire gave another curtsey and made her way to her partners in the diplomatic party, leaving the other two thinking about the puzzles.

"She's something, I'll tell you."
"Kinda reminds me of you when you were her age."
"Excuse you?"
"You were speaking in such an intellectual manner, it made me feel like a caveman."
"Oh, I thought that the demeanour you were trying to replicate?"
"Stow it."

Hannah laughed at her partner, and sighted that several guests have arrived.

"Looks like some people have arrived. Same gameplay as before?"
"Indeed, Hannah, if you would excuse me."
"I'll attend the other, Dietrich."

Valerie Gubernox Hannelore Trump

Hannah approached the Qvaiticans and bowed to her Qvaitican counterparts

"Bonjour President Margaret Harrison, Vice President Julia Burns, How fares the state of Qvait? I take that our neighbours are doing well?"

High Paladin Dietrich Fillo Do Xeo.

"Your excellencies."

*Bows in humility*

Dietrich kissed the hands of the Sityara and the Ura'sia, as well as gave the Ura'sia a firm handshake.

"It is an honour to be in the presence of such noble people..." Said Dietrich. "I have met with the Sityara, I take that you are the Ura'sia and the Asa'sio of Erinor? Pardon me, I am still learning about your governmental system. How fares you and the state?"

Oak Paladin Wolfram Strauss

This was the first time Wolfram was invited to such grand celebration, especially noting the fact that he was recently inaugurated as Lord of Culture, and a big task such as this is given to him. He has never been to this part of the Library of Talos, indeed the grand hall was restricted to royal events such as this.

He gazed on the magnificent ceilings and stepped back without looking, he bumped a beautiful woman from the behind, who was actually the Winstonian Queen Katelynn Williams.

"Ah I am terribly sorry, I'm afraid I got a bit carried away..."

Wolfram offered his hand to the woman.

"....Wolfram."

- Doraemon

"Your Majesty, I don't think this is a good idea.", said the Radcliff Foster, Princess Oswin's private secretary, over the phone.
"Why on earth not? I've done this dozens of times!", replied Princess Oswin.
"Because it's a bit unsafe for a Head of State to be flying a fighter jet...".
"A fighter jet that I flew in for three years whilst in the air force. Also, yes, I am head of state.", said Princess Oswin, ending the call, and descending through the clouds to reveal the Library of Talos.

Outside the library, Radcliff, the Caasdian Ambassador and his spouse and two bodyguards were waiting for the arrival of the Princess. "She'll be here shortly."

Princess Oswin landed the VTOL jet perfectly on the back of the wide truck that the others had arrived in. "Shall we? I'm dying for a drink!" she asked, before jumping out of the plane and marching towards the entrance, throwing her helmet in a bin on the way past, and placing her crown back on her head. The others followed, with one of the bodyguards fishing the helmet back out of the bin, muttering something about "military technology".

Radcliff groaned.

"The security were frantic, they thought that it was a drone but you called off, why?" asked Hershel Layton as he took off his binoculars

"It wasn't a drone, it was the Caasdian princess making yet another dynamic entrance to the event." Responded Conte Romano "Apparently she landed a Vertical Takeoff Jet into a wide truck. Last year she parachuted down to the Lux Universus, and now she landed a jet into a moving truck."

"Will it be like this the entire night?"

"You think this is crazy, wait till you see the Neo-Steamlanndians. Call the valet to announce their arrival, and tell whoever is driving that truck to park it in the western courtyard."

Attention! Announcing the arrival of the honourable leaders of the Principality of Caasd. Her Royal Flighty Highness Princess Oswin XVIII, and excellencies Secretary Radcliff Foster, Ambassador Omar Tesfay, and company

- Doraemon