We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nominations for High Court Justice
Heart 
Nominations for High Court Justice!

Hello and welcome to the High Court Election. Elections will follow the procedure outlined in the Code of Laws. Citizens may either suggest or nominate a Justice, or nominate themselves. If someone nominates a citizen, they must accept their nomination.

Upon accepting a nomination, candidates must submit a Conflict of Interest Disclosure. Details on this are found in the Code of Laws.

Now for some dates!

Nomination period: from now until 5/20/14 at 4:00pm EST
Voting Period: 5/20/14 at 4:00pm EST to 5/23/14 at 4:00pm EST
(note: times are subject to change. Changes will be announced in a timely fashion)

Current candidates:

I'll nominate the current slate of judges -- Bels, RT and Uni

I'll accept the nomination, and add 'making an election thread' to the long list of things to do at the weekend.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I accept my nomination. Thanks Tsu.

Please accept my nomination
President of Nassckonia

You can nominate yourself.

I think it's safe to assume he just did.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Unfortunately he is not a citizen. The Vice Delegate hasn't reviewed his application yet. Sad
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I nominate myself for chief Justice

Chief Justice isn't an elected position, even it was you're not a citizen, and I highly doubt you'll become one whilst your citizenship application is fraudulent.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]