We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Termination of Relations with the South Pacific

[Image: wZfIlAy.png]

Statement from the Osiris Fraternal Order
On Termination of Relations with the South Pacific

It has been evident for some time that Osiris and the South Pacific lack the shared values and common interests necessary to provide the foundation for a mutually beneficial diplomatic relationship. Moreover, the persistent dysfunction in the South Pacific's constitutional system has made clear that the South Pacific is not a reliable diplomatic partner. For these reasons Osiris has terminated relations with the South Pacific.

We wish residents of the South Pacific who seek a functional government and cooperative community all the best in pursuit of those goals. We hope one day that circumstances in the South Pacific will change, and that Osiris and the South Pacific may once again find common ground to serve as the foundation for a more reliable and mutually beneficial diplomatic relationship.

~ From the Office of Osiran Affairs

Congratulations, Cormac! You have become what you most despise! Your definition of Glen-Rhodes!

This is not a loss. It's a win. A big one.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

[Image: 3t5wd1.jpg]
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

The childish reactions on the part of people in this thread are only reinforcing Osiris' negative viewpoint of this region.

So way to go.

(07-20-2016, 05:52 AM)Wolf Wrote: The childish reactions on the part of people in this thread are only reinforcing Osiris' negative viewpoint of this region.

So way to go.

I do see your point, but look at it from TSPs side: Cormac comes into power in Osiris due to a coup shortly after TSP defends itself from one. TSP then spends lots of time talking through the issues and coming up with a new Charter. Cormac proceeds to shit on TSP in NSGP, but then falls oddly silent after being reasonably challenged on that view, and proceeds to close the in-game embassy and issue a BS statement instead.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Not entirely sure why people who never participate in this forum just love to come on at the most convenient times and talk shit about us then leave. Makes no sense.
(07-20-2016, 06:21 AM)Roavin Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 05:52 AM)Wolf Wrote: The childish reactions on the part of people in this thread are only reinforcing Osiris' negative viewpoint of this region.

So way to go.

I do see your point, but look at it from TSPs side: Cormac comes into power in Osiris due to a coup shortly after TSP defends itself from one. TSP then spends lots of time talking through the issues and coming up with a new Charter. Cormac proceeds to shit on TSP in NSGP, but then falls odly silent after being reasonably challenged on that view, and proceeds to close the in-game embassy and issue a BS statement instead.
Why didn't anyone tell me that this argument was going on? I would have loved to go and talk some sense into them.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(07-20-2016, 06:21 AM)Roavin Wrote:

So way to go.

I do see your point, but look at it from TSPs side: Cormac comes into power in Osiris due to a coup shortly after TSP defends itself from one. TSP then spends lots of time talking through the issues and coming up with a new Charter. Cormac proceeds to shit on TSP in NSGP, but then falls oddly silent after being reasonably challenged on that view, and proceeds to close the in-game embassy and issue a BS statement instead.

You're leaving out a lot of swipes at Osiris in NSGP and elsewhere, dating back years. And yes, Osiris has taken plenty of swipes at TSP as well.

Bottom line: Relations have been terrible for years, and neither region has shown any interest in improving them. You all think we're a dictatorship (and were calling us that, I will note, before what you refer to as our "coup" in April). We think you're a mess, and yeah, we've been saying that for a long time as well. As I said in NSGP, it's time to just acknowledge how incompatible we are and move on. That's what we're doing with this termination of relations.

(07-19-2016, 08:23 PM)Cormac Wrote:
[Image: wZfIlAy.png]

Statement from the Osiris Fraternal Order
On Termination of Relations with the South Pacific

It has been evident for some time that Osiris and the South Pacific lack the shared values and common interests necessary to provide the foundation for a mutually beneficial diplomatic relationship. Moreover, the persistent dysfunction in the South Pacific's constitutional system has made clear that the South Pacific is not a reliable diplomatic partner. For these reasons Osiris has terminated relations with the South Pacific.

We wish residents of the South Pacific who seek a functional government and cooperative community all the best in pursuit of those goals. We hope one day that circumstances in the South Pacific will change, and that Osiris and the South Pacific may once again find common ground to serve as the foundation for a more reliable and mutually beneficial diplomatic relationship.

~ From the Office of Osiran Affairs

While the loss of relations with Osiris is regrettable, I do agree that "Osiris and the South Pacific lack the shared values and common interests necessary to provide the foundation for a mutually beneficial diplomatic relationship". However, I do not agree with the statement "persistent dysfunction in the South Pacific's constitutional system has made clear that the South Pacific is not a reliable diplomatic partner".

The volatile history of Osiris has proven to be the wedge that has driven our two regions apart both in the past, and now. The insatiability of Osiris' government has caused numerous situations of strain between our region and her allies, many of which have occurred under the current Pharaoh's leadership, both past and present.
The simple fact that we allow democracy to be the center piece of our government, which may result in periods of unease, is not nearly the same as "persistent dysfunction".

Alas, what is done is done for now. My only hope is that the people of Osiris who seek a more stable and democratic government one day get the chance to bring about the change their region so desperately needs. When that day comes, The South Pacific will be more than willing to once again discuss a mutually beneficial relationship based on common beliefs.
Semi-Unretired

(07-20-2016, 06:24 PM)Drugged Monkeys Wrote: My only hope is that the people of Osiris who seek a more stable and democratic government one day get the chance to bring about the change their region so desperately needs. When that day comes, The South Pacific will be more than willing to once again discuss a mutually beneficial relationship based on common beliefs.

Osiris is thriving under our current system of government. We are more active, the infighting that characterized our region for years has stopped, and people are actually enjoying participating in the region. So what you're actually advocating is that we shift from this stable system of government to a system in which all of that would end, a system in which the community would again become far less active, infighting would resume, and people would wonder once again why they bother to participate in Osiris. That is what "democracy" has done for Osiris since the region was created in 2011.

There are no "people of Osiris" who seek that. What you are hoping for is that our stable, peaceful, active system of government will be replaced by chaos that nobody in Osiris wants. This unwillingness of the South Pacific to accept that not every region is like yours, that not everyone prefers your system of government, is what has actually caused the strain between Osiris and the South Pacific. Every time we in Osiris have decided to change our system of government to try to improve our region, the South Pacific has responded with interference and propaganda against us. Since September 2013, the South Pacific has decided to systematically destroy a once very close alliance because we won't conform to your ideology. Congratulations, the South Pacific has finally successfully destroyed any semblance of a relationship between our regions. I hope that satisfies you.

I have some champagne. Can you bring the glasses? Smile
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System