We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

INVALID: Disapproval Vote for the Nomination of Joshua Ravenclaw as Permanent Justice

This is a vote on a motion to disapprove of the nomination of Joshua Ravenclaw for the position of Permanent Justice of the High Court of the South Pacific.

Pursuant to Article 1.2.2 of the Judicial Act, the procedures for voting are as follows:

Quote:2. The Assembly may reject the nominee by passing a disapproval vote with at least three-fourths support of those voting, which must be up for vote for five days.

Voters may vote 'Aye' should they disapprove of the nominee, 'Nay' should they approve, and 'Abstain' should they choose to abstain from voting.

The motion requires 75% of voters to vote in favour in order to pass. The voting period will last for 5 days

Debate on the motion can be viewed here.

Voting will conclude on Monday, September 19, 2016, at 11:51 AM (UTC -4). A countdown timer is available here.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Objection: As the mandated three day debate period has not concluded, I believe that this vote is invalid.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I have to disagree, there is nothing in the judiciary act mandating that the three day debate must end prior to voting on a disapproval vote.

Not gonna figure it out. I think he should be justice.

Due to the recent controversy and ambiguity (plus that he decided it that way), the Chair of Assembly (Omega) has decided to end this vote, after I consulted him.

This vote is now invalid. Thank you for your attention.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

so what, this whole thing is wasted time?

(09-14-2016, 03:39 PM)W. Charlesfort Wrote: so what, this whole thing is wasted time?

It just means that the vote will come after the three days discussion period are over.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

(09-14-2016, 03:42 PM)Roavin Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 03:39 PM)W. Charlesfort Wrote: so what, this whole thing is wasted time?

It just means that the vote will come after the three days discussion period are over.

which is equivalent to what I just said, thanks.

(09-14-2016, 03:48 PM)W. Charlesfort Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 03:42 PM)Roavin Wrote:

which is equivalent to what I just said, thanks.

... well, technically, yes. >_> Happywide
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Hi, all. Sorry about this. Due to the invalid nature of this vote, it has now been locked.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021