We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Should the following amendment be passed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
85.19%
23 85.19%
Nay
3.70%
1 3.70%
Abstain
11.11%
3 11.11%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PASSED PHASE 1: Amendment to the Elections Act

The following legislation has received a motion and a second. Legislators may vote Aye, Nay or abstain from voting. The vote will remain open for 5 days and this bill will require a majority three-fifths (or 60%) of the votes in favor in order to become law.

A countdown timer is available here: Link

Below is the following legislation:

5. Vacancies of Office
(1) A special election will be held for vacancies arising within the Cabinet, if more than half of the term remains. If less than half of the term remains, or the position is vacant due to nobody running in its election, the Cabinet may appoint a replacement until the next regularly scheduled election.
(2) A special election will be held for vacancies arising within the Local Council, if more than half of the term remains. If less than half of the term remains, or the position is vacant due to nobody running in its election, the Delegate may appoint a replacement until the next regularly scheduled election.
(23) Should the office of Delegate become vacant, the next person in the line of succession will become interim Delegate until the next regularly scheduled election. If no person qualifies for the office, then a special election will be held.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

The amendment has passed on a vote of 23-1-3 with an official count of 96% in favor.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Point of order; this amendment has never been copied into the MATT-DUCK Law Archive.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

The Chair also never made the determination whether this requires an in-game vote (hint: it does). I maintain this is (unfortunately) not law yet for that very reason.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

(01-14-2017, 03:19 PM)Roavin Wrote: The Chair also never made the determination whether this requires an in-game vote (hint: it does). I maintain this is (unfortunately) not law yet for that very reason.

This does not need to be voted on by the in-game in order to be considered the law. The only times it must be voted by the in-game community is if an amendment to the CHARTER directly affects the in-game community. The Charter is very specific on the matter. However I will be asking a Legal Question to ensure my interpretation of that is correct.
Has Been
What's Next?

Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(01-14-2017, 03:19 PM)Roavin Wrote: The Chair also never made the determination whether this requires an in-game vote (hint: it does). I maintain this is (unfortunately) not law yet for that very reason.

In response to the ruling on HCLQ 1701 I do determine that this measure requires the consent of the game-side in order to become law.
Has Been
What's Next?