We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Declassified: Empire and Osiris

Pasting this over per DM's request.

Quote:10:06 AM] hierocles: What do we think about Roavin's tips? Empire is in control of Osiris. But I'm not sure if we should block legislator apps solely based on that. The forum crasher is a different story-- regions usually get a lot of shit for letting in forum crashes
[10:34 AM] Sam111: We shouldn't even be talking about blocking Sygian, or anyone else from Osiris, just because they're from Osiris
[10:34 AM] Sam111: The forum crasher is a different story
[12:08 PM] Farengeto: We don't need a Trump-esque banning people because of their region. :Tounge
12:09 PM] Farengeto: But the forum one I approve us blocking.
[1:51 PM] hierocles: I think Roavin's logic on this is that Osiris is effectively an Empire "colony," so high-level officials should be treated as if they're Empire themselves
[4:40 PM] Farengeto: There's validity to the argument, but I think it's excessive.
[5:06 PM] hierocles: Seems like a determination to be made by the Cabinet
[5:55 PM] Drugged Monkeys: Honestly, I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't allow Osiris citizens in as legislators due to the empire affiliation. We will have no way of knowing if they are or not empire members.
[5:56 PM] Drugged Monkeys: It may sound harsh, but that's the whole argument behind the previous discussion about this type of information. We have no real way to tell.
[6:26 PM] hierocles: @Drugged Monkeys Do you think the Cabinet could us that instruction? The only real reason I'm reluctant is because it'd be like the CRS making decisions that really impact FA
[6:29 PM] Drugged Monkeys: I think we should provide the cabinet with our opinion on the matter, and let them weigh the decision.
[6:31 PM] Drugged Monkeys: For now, I'd say we put the applications on hold for "further review" and get the discussion going with the entire CRS, and then if we have a consensus, we advise the cabinet on the situation
[6:33 PM] Drugged Monkeys: Thoughts? @hierocles
[6:33 PM] hierocles: It sounds good to me
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

This is up to the Cabinet first and foremost, because of the diplomatic impact. But I formally cast my vote in favor of treating high-level Osiris government officials as Empire affiliates, given Neo Kervoskia's control in the region.

Agreed.
Semi-Unretired

If we adopt this order, here are the people who would fall under it:

- Neo Kervoskia (already falls under Empire's threat status)
- Syberius, Crown Prince & Vizier of Foreign Affairs
- Sygian, Chief Scribe
- Adytus, Chief Vizier & Guardian
- Fedele, Marshal General
- Wrektopia, Vizier of Community Affairs
- Treize Dreizhen, Guardian
- Tylope, Guardian

These are all the top-level officials of Osiris's government. We could target this list to chief executives (Viziers) and NK's direct circle (which would be Syb+Guardians) for the time being, if we think it's too expansive of an order.

As a reminder, Adytus was the person in Osiris log leak who went to NK and suggested a long-term plan to infiltrate GCRs (TSP was named specifically as an important target).

Gotcha. The only problem I see is the immense backlash that will come from this via all those listed, which may turn into a FA's nightmare.

I guess I see only two options besides the one you've posted.
1. We cut off ties with Osiris, and add them to the list with Empire
2. We don't ban restrict anyone from Osiris, and keep an eye on the situation.

Option one creates the potential for more issues, obviously. Some of which may result in the people listed above still coming here, just under fake accounts hiding their true identity. Or all out war.
Semi-Unretired

The impact on foreign relations is why I suggested we can't do much without the Cabinet being on board. To the extent that there has been some kind of Osiris warming (I'm not sure there's much evidence of that?), it hasn't been very public or important, just by looking at what's been done this term. So I'm hoping the potential but serious threat of NK meddling (like the logs suggest he wants to do) via Osiris outweighs an arguably nascent FA agenda with them. But it's up to the Cabinet.

My opinion is that it would be a big mistake to continually "sit and wait" as we've been doing. When we discussed Empire last, our decision was to sit and wait, to see who comes to TSP. We then got the Osiris log leaks, where Adytus suggests Osiris citizens enter TSP and that they play competing factions here against each other. To which NK responds, "GCRs must always watch out." Since then, Sygian and Osiris's military field commander (brihimia) have come to TSP.

Whether it's an organized scheme or just Osirans coming to TSP because of a perceived warming of relations, doesn't really matter in terms of regional security. The MO revealed to us by the Osiris leaks give us enough to be concerned about, that NK has a reserve of Osirans here to command when the opportunity presents itself. That's the definition of a security threat. We know that NK finds the idea appealing, and we know that Empire has used that pattern in the past.

So for me it's a no-brainer that high-level Osiris officials aren't allowed here as long as NK is Pharaoh (and the region is thus Empire-controlled). Whether this should ever expand to the entirety of Osiris citizens would depend on Osiris's own actions. But a top-level restriction seems like an appropriate response. But again, the Cabinet has to agree with it.

Asking NK about it isn't going to do much of anything, for what it's worth. He's not going to admit to anything, obviously.

And as for fake accounts... there's nothing we can do about it. It's just Milograd redux. We can't let them come here and monitor them, because the whole threat is that NK will use Osirans in TSP to meddle at critical times-- important votes, elections, etc. We would never remove people from the region in the middle of those activities, but that would be the only way that kind of honey-trap scheme would work.

I'm adding this here for posterity. It's Empire's roleplaying "family"-- so basically a roster of Empire members.

Attached Files
.pdf   TheHouseofRahl.pdf (Size: 172.96 KB / Downloads: 29)

(02-11-2017, 01:16 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: I'm adding this here for posterity. It's Empire's roleplaying "family"-- so basically a roster of Empire members.

Ugh. For the record, I find this idea of family creepy.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

*hides his former family affiliation*
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(02-12-2017, 12:55 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: *hides his former family affiliation*

I don't know what most are like but this one is especially shady sounding, for example this line which is just pure Empire:
"The House Council will speak rarely. When they do, listen."