We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Forumist Coalition Party

[Image: eaig50q.jpg]

The Formunist Coalition Party

Hello to all. We (for now, me) are the Forumist Coalition Party.

Our mission? Simple. We must preserve the forums as the headquarters of TSP governance. We believe that we will have a stable and prosperous society if the forums reign supreme, at least politically.

The Threat

Right now, although we believe it is small, there is a movement across TSP that wants to radically change our society and how we operate.

RMB rights. Too much of them.

A threat to our Coalition and how it operates is at hand. Supporters of this movement want an increased say from the RMB on Assembly proposals, which not only does not affect them much, but manipulators and our enemies can twist the voice of the RMB. It is easy to manipulate an unorganized populace. Unfortunately, the RMB is an unorganized place, and although there have been some improvements, it is far from being usable to govern our dear region.

They may or may not know that this also risks our security and democracy. Our enemies are not stupid. If they can move dozens to influence our vote, then they can easily undermine our security and our democratic process. Only aproximately a hundred or so ever participate. Our enemies' votes can tip the balance.

They may or may not realize that this gives a path to a populist attitude, or close to it, and those who have the money and/or power to send regional telegrams can present a totally one-sided view to the now voting WA population. Could you present a counter-argument if you have no money and/or power? You cannot. We must preserve order and the democratic process.

Besides, why register in the forums, when you can vote on the Gameside? I mean, you don't have to be constantly active or even care about our politics there. Meanwhile, legislators must watch out and constantly vote, or their status as such can be taken away. Does a WA member have such threat? None in the slightest. Just watch out every month, that's all. It's not that hard to watch for a month.

The incentive of going to the forums, our center of culture and government, will be diminished if this movement achieves what it wants. Who knows? Maybe they even want to dispose of our beloved forums?

Time to organize and fight for TSP

It is time we organize and fight for the protection of our society. We must preserve the forums, and it's rightful authority to be the center of rule. It is true that, at first, it was set up as a mere tool, but the forums has blossomed and grown for over a decade. Our years-old democracy was born there, our effective and organized government had its cradle there. A bounty of regional culture and fun is always existing.

Two beautiful communities, side by side, minding each other's business, have grown the past decade. Our current system is fair and organized, and if anyone had a grave problem with it, they would've revolted. Separate entities, bound to the same authority, co-existing in an orderly peace.

The forum is accountable: you can register and simply apply to be let in. No red tape, no complicated requirements: just apply and you can now easily participate in the epicenter of our region. It is that simple. Why must this be changed so drastically?

This order, which has lasted for an entire decade, must be protected. The forum is fair, not a totalitarian group. Technically it is an oligarchy, but this "oppressive oligarchy" can be joined by literally anyone in our region. We do not see it as an oligarchy. We see it as an important sector of our society, in which everyone is welcome to join and experience.

The forum has a wide array of activities to do and people to talk to. You can participate in the government, you can spam 'till you drop, you can roleplay to your delight, you can work and contribute to our ministries, among many other exciting things to do. You can meet new people and discuss your point of view. Why destroy this beautiful entity we have labored and made over this decade? Why destroy the political heart of NS's oldest democracy?

The RMB is its own thing. And the forum is another entity. United by the ideal of TSP, we advance forward, side by side. It should stay that way. They have vital roles in our region. Neither the RMB and the forum must abuse their power, nor overreach their role.

For a stable, organized, orderly, and truly democratic society, let us preserve the forum and its intended roles. We must have a balance. If you don't, it will fall.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
-Bert Lance (1931-2013)*

*We don't actually support nor are against this man and his legacy as a party. This is just a message he is credited for, but it is the thought that counts.

Leader: Ryccia (Interim)
Deputy Leader: TBD

If you wish to join the party, express your interest here, and the party will discuss your interest to join and vote on if you are approved. When we have 3 members, we will write an official Charter and Manifesto.

Also, Discord! Link: https://discord.gg/FqYPeXP
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Are you allowed to be apart of another party?
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

As long as your other party doesn't care, then sure! I'm open to that. If they do, choose.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

What is the difference between TFC and Tsunamy's new TSP-FTW Party? I see some similarities, but you know, I could always be wrong. Hardly ever though. Wink

(02-08-2017, 01:38 PM)Sygian Wrote: What is the difference between TFC and Tsunamy's new TSP-FTW Party? I see some similarities, but you know, I could always be wrong. Hardly ever though. Wink

Basically, oppose more rights for the Gameside for our security. That's what my party focuses on: keep the forum's authority valuable and intact. I don't think TSPFTW keeps that as a main priority, whilst FCP was founded because of that priority. Idk, correct me here @Tsunamy, if I'm wrong.

We will write a Charter and Manifesto when we get 3 members, so we can flesh out areas like governance, R/D, accountability, Forum-RMB relations (as in, they could federalize or something), Foreign Affairs, etc.

(02-08-2017, 03:06 PM)Ryccia Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 01:38 PM)Sygian Wrote: What is the difference between TFC and Tsunamy's new TSP-FTW Party? I see some similarities, but you know, I could always be wrong. Hardly ever though. Wink

Basically, oppose more rights for the Gameside for our security. That's what my party focuses on: keep the forum's authority valuable and intact. I don't think TSPFTW keeps that as a main priority, whilst FCP was founded because of that priority. Idk, correct me here @Tsunamy, if I'm wrong.

We will write a Charter and Manifesto when we get 3 members, so we can flesh out areas like governance, R/D, accountability, Forum-RMB relations (as in, they could federalize or something), Foreign Affairs, etc.

Yeah; part of TSP-FTW is to continue experimentation and input from the RMB-side. I think that's pretty much the opposite of what Ryccia is aiming to do here.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(02-08-2017, 02:24 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: Are you allowed to be apart of another party?

APC will allow you to be a member of multiple parties.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(02-08-2017, 06:01 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:

Yeah; part of TSP-FTW is to continue experimentation and input from the RMB-side. I think that's pretty much the opposite of what Ryccia is aiming to do here.

Okay, gotcha. Thanks for the response. Good luck!

Well the. I express my interest to join
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

According to a vote 1-0, Zak6858 is hereby accepted into the Forumist Coalition Party.