We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] FSoO State Visit of The Peony

To: Her Excellency the Peony
CC: High Diplomat Diao Chan, Minister of Trade and Commerce Lord Zheng He
Your Exclecny,
On behalf of the people of the Electorate of the Federated States of Omega, I would like to invite you for a state visit to our fine nation. Should you accept this invitation, your visit will include a tour of the city of Argent, the financial hub of our nation and a tour of Imperium. Your visit to Imperium would include an opportunity for you and any of your other representatives to address the Supreme Electorate, and a State Dinner held in your honor at my residence. 
We would be honored if you would accept this opportunity to strengthen the bonds between our two great nations.
Best Regards,
Thomas Winston
Elector Primo
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_12_06_at_8_18_45_PM.png]

To: Elector Primo Thomas Winston
CC: High Diplomat Diao Chan, Minister of Trade, High Commodore Lord Zheng He, and others.

Assalamualaikum, Ni Hao!

Mr Winston, Elector Primo.

The Peocracy humbly responds to your invitation with great delight and we look forward with starting a firm relationship between our two nations. We shall arrive a night before said date in our diplomatic flight en route to your country. With me are my two trusted retainers, High Diplomat Diao Chan and High Commodore Lord Zheng He, along with several of the royal guardians. Thank you for providing this amazing opportunity for us.

Thank you and have a nice day, stay in touch. Wassalamualaikum

The Peony

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_12_06_at_7_56_33_PM.png]
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

As the day's Cabinet Meeting wrapped up, the Elector Primo looked around at his officials. He was about to surprise them with news none of the were expecting. "My friends I have an announcement that was just brought to me. Tomorrow the Peony from Huawn will arrive at Argent International Airport. I need to see the following people in my office immediately following the end of this meeting: Vice Elector primo John Colbert, Secretay of State Jean-Claude IX and Secretary of Trade Kayla Tate. The rest of you are dismissed. Have a great day all!"
As they walked to the EP's office the three Cabinet members talked amongst themselves. This would be the first State Visit of the year, and the three of them knew that this visit could lead to some great things for the Electorate. When they got in the EP's office they took a seat, and the EP started speaking. "So this is our first state visit of the year and if this goes well we may have an opportunity for better trade and diplomatic relations with Huawan. We must have this go well! Protocol is already preparing to make sure we don't insult them. Kayla and John will go with me to Argent, and Jean will stay here. However, Jean, we may need you in Argent so be ready."
VEP John Colbert responded first "are you really going to allow them to speak before the Supreme Electorate? We have not had a foreign leader speak in front of them since 1988! The break from tradition..."
"Will be okay," said Thomas.
Jean responded next "Why leave me here and not take me to Argent? Will I not be needed there?"
"No, it makes since. He wants to focus on trade and economics while there, but focus on diplomacy while here. That's why you will wait here" replied Kayla.
"Well go home and pack you best clothing. We have a flight at 18:00 tonight and the Peony will arrive at 9:00 tomorrow" And with that Thomas ushered all of them out of his office and he realized just how nervous he was. For this was the first State Visit during his term and this would be his moment to shine as a leader in the region or he would be overshadowed by the Peony. But he went to go pack.
Has Been
What's Next?

Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

As the royal jet blasts through the night clouds, High Diplomat Diao Chan reads her notes under the light of the plane cabin, with feet on top of the chair and a blanket between her legs and a notebook with a multitude of sticky notes. She chews her pencil as she continues to understand the Omegan state for the upcoming meet.

"The Electorate of the Federated States of Omega, non bloc country with a tendency of becoming neutral in most events, a semi-democratic federal republic that holds democracy of its people in its fullest. Little is known about this country because they do not flaunt their culture or their developments, however they hold one of the biggest stock exchanges in the region, which, if coupled with more contribution, could make Omega one of the countries that decide the flow of economical decisions. Their neighbors are mostly non-bloc countries, but Sedunn is right down the hall. The Omegan state are bordered mostly by water with its capital sitting in the middle of the ocean, emphasis on major trade can be done here order to extend our naval prowess... Not a lot of people have met its leaders, but I take they are not the eccentric type."

She kept on going through her notes until fatigue defeated her. When she woke up, The Peony was right next to her, and pouring her tea. Diao Chan regained her immediate lady-like composure and said sorry many times to her empress. The Peony just smiled, and told Diao Chan to change, the plane would be landing soon.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

"Good morning Omegans. The time is 6:30 and here's the news. Later today the Elector Primo will meet the Peony in Argent..."
As Thomas woke up and listened to the morning news he began to worry even more. He chose to wear a steel gray suit with a royal blue tie with little white stripes. The hotel he was at was right next to the Airport. He looked out and saw the sun rising along the coast, and felt much more hopeful than before. As the Omegans met for breakfast downstairs the VEP said, "the Supreme Electorate has agreed to host the Huawan delegation".
"Great! The Board of the PSE will also give a tour of the exchange today."
Kayla came down the stairs 5 minutes later. When she did she brought news none of them had expected: "you all need to drink tea"
"What?!" the EP and VEP said in unison.
"Well the Huawan people are very fond of tea and it would be respectful if you had some. Do you want a trade deal?"
"Okay, we'll drink tea!"

The walked to the airport from the hotel. When they got there the EP and VEP shook some hands, talked to some people and just tried being friendly. Thomas was known to just ask the people he met on the street how they were doing and what they thought he should do. People had been rude to him but generally, he found that the people liked it when he did it. He met one family who's flight had been delayed and he told their little girl "if you go to that window you will get to see a real life empress in a few minutes". There was a reason he had an 80% approval rating, and it was because he did things like this and people talk.
Finally, they got down on the tarmac and as the plane landed they got into position. The Peony came out first. As she approached the VEP glanced at Thomas. He had seen many EPs fail in this first exchange with a foreign leader. This was Thomas's moment.
"Good morning. I hope you had a good flight and I would like to welcome you to the Electorate, your excellency."
Has Been
What's Next?

The Peony got out of the plane and saw the man known to be the Elector Primo of Omega, her counterpart on the other side of the region. She had thought that if the Peocracy are to become prominent powers and extend their influence, an alliance must be made in one of the eastern countries.

"Assalamualaikum, good morning to you as well." The Peony bowed to her counterpart but did not shook hands as her wudhu is still intact.

"Elector Primo Thomas Winston I presume? A pleasure to meet you at last, I am The Peony of the humble Peocracy, I am pleased to have your invitation to come to your fair country."

Lord Zheng He and High Diplomat Diao Chan stood next to the Peony. With the Lady Chan in the right and Lord Zheng He in the left.

"May I prefer to you to my retainers, our High Diplomat, or what others may know as the M.O.F.A, Lady Chan."

"Ni Hao." Curtseyed Diao Chan.

"And my mentor as well as the High Commodore of the nation, Lord Zheng He."

"A pleasure." Said Zheng He as he firmly shook the hands of the Omegan delegacy.

"So honorable Elector Primo, how fares you and Omega?" Asked The Peony.

- Doraemon

"Well, I like to think the Electorate is strong. After our recent spout of isolation, we have recovered nicely and we seem more united than ever. Now I don't know how much you were told in advance about you tour around Argent, but here is the basic rundown: I need some coffee and there is a great stop on the way to downtown that I highly recommend. They also recently got tea from Huawan and I love it. From there we walk down to the stock exchange where the board will give us a tour of the trading floor and the boardroom. We will also visit the branch of the Omegan Central Bank and should you wish we can go to the shipyards. Now I also have two options for getting downtown. We can either take the metro transit down there or we can take the government cars, whichever you desire."

John was locked in conversation with Lord Zheng He about the Peocracy's politics and government. To him it all seemed rather abstract however it also seemed like a beautiful and artful way to govern.

And Kayla occupied Diao Chan with talks of trade and just how exciting it was when the Peocracy announced it would allow its citizens to trade on the PSE. She was entranced by her grace. And Kayla felt a tad out of place with the High Diplomat next to her but she realized that the High Diplomat might feel the same way.

And so they walked onward into the airport and toward the city of 3 million residents.
Has Been
What's Next?

The Peony looked at her retainers and found them quite preoccupied, and decided to converse with the Elector Primo.

"Honorable Elector, we are your guests, you are our hosts, surprise me with the sights and brilliance of this fine nation." She said, "I take it that you use the metro as well, and might I assume that you would then be quite close to your people?"

- Doraemon

"Of course I am close to them! 2 years ago I was nothing special within the Supreme Electorate. My constitutes elected me there to serve them, and somehow I was put in my current office. The Electors could not agree on anyone so they called on my party to pick a compromise candidate and I was chosen. Since then I have tried to serve the people and I like to get to know all of my constituents throughout the electorate. Now if you will follow me this way, your excellency..." He guided her to the metro station. When hey got off they got coffee and tea. Then they were off to the stock exchange.
This was the Secretary of Trade and Commerce's moment. She began " Now everyone this is Aurum Avenue. The heart of our economy. If you look east you can see shipyards in the distance, however, if you look up ahead and all around us you will see offices of some major banks as well as the headquarters of the Omegan Central Bank" she said pointing to the building they were in front of.
They walked about 100 more feet to a glass building. At the door was a man in a white suit and he said what they all thought he would say "Welcome to the PSE!"
Has Been
What's Next?

The Peony and her delegation were led as if they were teenage girls dragged around by their boyfriends in romance movies. One place to another with such minimal rest, the Supreme Electorate looked more like a tour guide than anything else. The Peony kept a straight face on their brewed tea, being too reserved to call out the barista on their technique, and instead took some coffee as well, while Lord Zheng He ordered espresso with a generous amount of water and Miss Diao Chan ordered warm soy milk coupled with honey and everything sweet. The Peonic guardians ordered some tea, afraid to order anything else.

So they walked and listened to the Supreme Electorate's explanation, The Peony had seldom been to sky high cities, for her country are still rooted with the earth and often growing up in a slow constant manner, unlike her retainers where Lord Zheng He had been occasionally visiting the Peonic embassies and Miss Chan who spends her spare time watching fashion shows.

As they were outside in the economical hub, The Peony opened her paper umbrella and Diao Chan followed suit. The Supreme Electorate then invited her to the PSE, which, in her eyes, are a vast sea if opportunities waiting to be appropriated.

- Doraemon