We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

citizenship of recent applicants

It has occurred to me that those who have applied for citizenship recently and have been accepted by the VD have all not yet received it from the gov't. I am concerned with the affairs of all citizens of this great region, and would like to see that the government is too, and is proactive to grant their people the rights they deserve. currently, it has been at least 4 days since the government last granted the proper citizen masking to a nation. I apologize if I seem pushy or annoying, I simply do not wish to see the people waiting for their government to help them, and wish to see to it that all nations are responded to by the gov't when necessary.

Like I've said more than once now, the Vice Delegate doesn't grant citizenship, he only preapproves applications. Citizenship applications have either been already dealt with or will be within the next few hours.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Just to let you know, the admins are the people that do security checks and mask citizens. Not the government.

(05-26-2014, 11:46 PM)Arbiter08 Wrote: Just to let you know, the admins are the people that do security checks and mask citizens. Not the government.

well, whatever the case, they have not done it in 4 days, and many nations currently do not hold full citizenship, despite you accepting their applications.

(05-26-2014, 11:46 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Like I've said more than once now, the Vice Delegate doesn't grant citizenship, he only preapproves applications. Citizenship applications have either been already dealt with or will be within the next few hours.

Yes, I know. I just said that: "It has occurred to me that those who have applied for citizenship recently and have been accepted by the VD have all not yet received it from the gov't."

They were preapproved by the VD, but have not received citizenship from the admins. I am aware of the security check and stuff, but I would imagine that the admins would be able to preform them and respond by 4 days' time.

Well, technically, tradition has it that we don't grant citizenship during elections. An admin will get around to it sooner or later. Don't worry.

(05-27-2014, 12:05 AM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Well, technically, tradition has it that we don't grant citizenship during elections. An admin will get around to it sooner or later. Don't worry.

oh, I was unaware of this.

(05-27-2014, 12:05 AM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Well, technically, tradition has it that we don't grant citizenship during elections. An admin will get around to it sooner or later. Don't worry.

just wondering is there a law concerning it?

No there isn't.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

ok.