We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Opening the Archives

As mentioned in the welcome thread, fourteen years is a really long time and, unsurprisingly, a lot has happened since the Coalition was founded in June 2003.  With so much history and a rich set of archives to draw upon, you'd think we'd have some great history lessons to give new players or a range of articles drawing the region's younger members (in NS time) into the murky and unpredictable past.  And yet, despite numerous attempts to create a Historical Society, no such resource yet exists in this fine region.  What to do?

Well, how about we unlock the archives, dust off our historical notebooks and delve into the mysteries of the past together?  All this week we'll be reposting old articles from the Southern Journal, SPINN and other news providers to give a flavour of what the region was like in the past and how things have changed over fourteen years.

But we're not going to do this alone, no!  You can join in too, by spending just a little time in our archives or our former forums and dredging up whatever you find to post in this thread.  I can't wait to see what we discover together!

But, to begin with, here's the oldest post I can find on our oldest extant forum, dating from 5th July 2003, just over a month after the founding of the Coalition:
Manusignota Wrote:Just to let you know it's Habanaro Season in the Land of M.I.

$20 a Crate 50 Pounds per crate.

I'm pretty sure you can dig up something better than that, so why not get started and dig into the archives now!