We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Peony invites Empress Hestia for a cup of coffee

Assalamualaikum, Ni Hao!

How are you honorable Empress, are you well?

I believe we have not been formally acquainted, and thus I would like to invite you to my friend's cafe in Government Island, Cafe Sonata. I shall reserve a seat for us on a date of your choosing. We have invited many of our, hopefully, allies-to-be in here.

We await your response, I can't wait to meet you

Warmest regards,

The Peony
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

To her Majesty, The Peony of Huawan,

I am happy to note that I am doing quite well, especially seeing as the Drakari people have grown more and more eager to meet those beyond the borders of the Imperium.

Furthermore, I would be honored to share a meal with you, Your Highness.  You can expect my arrival on Government Island within the next few days.

With utmost sincerity,

Hestia Drakar the Fifth, Empress of Pax Dracon

The Peony arrives in Government island wearing her long qipao, it is unique knowing that she came alone with none of her guardians. Though Rin, her loyal courtier and milk sister protested against it, The Peony was content in being in the care of both Caitlin and Darach, as such, her travels to government island is not known by many.

She was kind of avoiding Rin and several of her courtiers for setting her up with those bachelors, it is not the result she is angry about, but the secrecy that they took. Nevertheless, it's not all in vain, conversing with the Empress's brother made her inquire more about the Pax Draconian state, and therefore requests an audience for Empress Hestia in this secret patch of the region.

She was driven by her pilot, who was also another of Caitlin's butler. Indeed, there was almost nothing Peonic about this, other than The Peony herself. Not even the plane, which was actually a Zollern registered craft. She had contacted Caitlin beforehand and has made a great reservation in her usual spot.

As she exits from the car, she opens the cafe doors, and wonders the Empress's location at this present moment in time.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Hestia stepped off the plane onto the soil of Government Island, taking in a deep breath of the isle's warm, tropical air.  While matters of state and forging alliances had been a vital part of her and the Grand Minister's routine as of late, it was nice to just meet someone over a casual meal and drink.

She took out the directions the Peony had given her and made her way down the streets of the island, politely waving at passersby.  Like most of her countrymen, she was strikingly tall and bore sharp facial features.  She was clad in a simple red and silver robe and tunic, her family's silver-grey hair loose around her shoulders.  She had deigned to leave her circlet back in Elysium, the only indication of her station being that of the imperial seal brooch on her shoulder.

After a few moments of wandering, she eventually found her way to the coffee shop, looking around for Diao Chan, still smiling warmly at people who passed by.

Darach, the butler of Cafe Sonata had stood behind the host's podium and noticed someone of royal presence. Not sure whether it was her seal, or that her dress seems to be quite aristocratic. Reminds her of the old Caitlin.

"Madam, a thousand pardons for my intrusion, are you perchance Empress Hestia? The Peony is seated inside the cafe awaiting for you."

He took the Empress towards The Peony's seat, and The Peony stood up.

"Empress Hestia," The Peony gave an immense bow to the Empress and shook the lady's hand with upmost courtesy, "I am The Peony, and thank you for accepting my invitation. How are you? I am sure you are well."

She then invites The Empress to sit with her.

"Come, this is my favorite seat in the cafe, overlooking the entire sea. You can feel the breeze of the sea as we chat. Would you like to order a drink or something to eat? It's quite a long way from your country to the Government Island."

- Doraemon

Hestia nodded to Darach before smiling at the Peony, firmly returning the handshake and taking a seat across from her.

"It is a lovely view.  The sound of the waves hitting the shoreline, the smell of the sea... it's inspiring and beautiful."  The Empress took a deep breath and let out a content, happy sigh before looking back at her host.  "That would be a good idea, all things considered.  Some coffee to start, but I would need to look at the menu before I make my decision."

She looked around before whispering to who she hoped would be a good friend of her nation.  "Between you and me, the food they serve on planes is terrible..."

"Of course, Darach, if you'd please."

"Yes My Peony." Bowed Darach as she gave the Empress the menu.

"I too ordered some coffee, I'm currently in a mood for a triple shot espresso made from Imkitopian beans. If you'd like we can share a platter as well? Maybe Cheese?"

As she leaned in to hear Empress Hestia, she nodded quite strongly and gave a slight chuckle.

"Oh tell me about it, I find it quite irritating that our palettes are severely inhibited in higher altitudes. Actually one of my colleagues in the hospital is researching about it, it's fascinating that there are several tricks that you can do to make it taste much better, but I doubt that some of them are going to see the light of day once the accountant steps in." The Peony says,

"but now you're in Cafe Sonata, a secret haven for connoisseurs, mixologists and sommeliers. I bet my reputation that whatever that you choose shall be of excellent quality, by Allah I promise you."

- Doraemon

Hestia chuckled softly as she began looking through the menu, looking at the choices available.  "Hmm... perhaps these... burgers sound good and a sweetened mug of ordinary coffee will do me good.  Oh!  A cheese platter sounds wonderful.  I've been wanting to sample the cheeses of other nations for quite some time now!"

She nodded as she listened to the Peony's words, smiling eagerly.  "Bah!  You'd think that airlines would spare no expense in ensuring the comfort of their passengers.  It would make them much more willing to fly more often."

"And I am glad to be in this lovely cafe.  It's quite comfortable, and the smell!  By all that is holy, it's like I have died and stepped into Paradise..."

"Oh yes, that's why more often than not, I take the bullet train to visit some countries. The sceneries passing by are just wonderful, you know. Sadly we can't take such comforts in long distance journeys." She smiles when she hears the Empress enjoyment of the venue "I'm glad you enjoyed it. Do you remember our orders Darach?"

"I shall attend to it, if you'll excuse my humble presence." Bowed Darach, as he leaves. The Peony clapped her hands once in excitement.

"Ah finally it is nice to chat up with someone of your stature~ a fellow Empress! Finally, and I have to compliment how you look, absolutely astonishing. I really adore your hair color, it reminds me of your brother. I hope he isn't sad since our recent encounter, he seems like a great man, but I really am not looking for a relationship in the present moment."

The Peony then puts on a more relaxed pose, her light lavender cheongsam adorned her pretty nicely with her hair neatly pinned into a bun from habit.

She did not waste time to try and inquire about her potential friend.

"So may I get to know more about your honorable grace?"

- Doraemon

"Septimus wasn't too disheartened, your Majesty.  While he is still somewhat enchanted by you, he respects boundaries and is glad to have earned your friendship at the very least."  She blinked a few times in surprise, then blushed slightly at the compliments sent her way.

"I... thank you, Your Grace.  Some say the hair color of the Imperial Family makes us look... distinguished.  Granted, it has partially been one of the reasons that inspired some cults in the iron age that viewed my predecessors as living gods.  Unsavory times, those were..."

"As for getting to know each other, ask away!  I am glad to answer any questions you may have."