We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Office of the Cabinet

Office of the Prime Minister

This is a general thread for the Prime Minister to post quick updates about the doings of the cabinet, and for legislators and citizens like you to post any questions about a specific ministry or the cabinet in general. There's no need to be overly formal - this is an informal, laid-back setting meant to keep you informed and make the Cabinet as transparent as possible.

Hello South Pacificans,

first, thank you for giving us the mandate to serve you the next four months as your executive branch. It's an honor and I hope all four of us do not disappoint. The transition period is now running for a week, so until June 21 21:00 EDT, and we're already actively working on it.

In the Ministry of Regional Affairs, Minister-elect Spenty is coordinating with outgoing Minister Seraph to transfer running projects as well as the Ministry's Discord server. Spenty intends to separate the Ministry into two main branches, which may serve as an experimentation ground for legislatively splitting the Ministry.

In the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, things will run as usual this week with incumbent Escade not needing to transition. A survey for South Pacificans related to Foreign Affairs, particuarly awareness, is in the works.

In the Ministry of Military Affairs, outgoing Minister Vietnam has already transferred the Ministry's assets, and Minister-elect Yuno is already hard at work reorganizing the Discord server of the South Pacific Special Forces. As mentioned in their respective campaigns, Witchcraft and Sorcery is working closely together with the newly elected Minister. 

As for me, I'm getting caught up in previous cabinet discussions for now to get a picture of what I had missed in the past term, and then see if and where I can help with transitioning. As the new ministers get settled near the end of the week, I'll start coordinating with ministers to unify our general direction.

I encourage you to reply to this with comments, questions, or anything else you need to get off your chest. I love answering questions!

-- Prime Minister-elect Roavin
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Don't forget the Sunshine Act. Just saying.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(06-15-2017, 11:22 PM)Omega Wrote: Don't forget the Sunshine Act. Just saying.

Hi - the Sunshine Act stipulates an 8 month cycle, and the last release was in March, so the next release is in November, in the next term.

(EDIT: Fixed to November - I can't math >_>)

(06-16-2017, 03:08 AM)Roavin Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 11:22 PM)Omega Wrote: Don't forget the Sunshine Act. Just saying.

Hi - the Sunshine Act stipulates an 8 month cycle, and the last release was in March, so the next release is in November, in the next term.

(EDIT: Fixed to November - I can't math >_>Wink
Sorry, I was reading it differently where any discussions 8 months or older have to be released, but your reading does appear to be more in line with the Act itself. Well, I'll be back in November to harp the Cabinet on this I guess.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I suppose the law isn't written completely unambiguously in that regard.

As it is, there's not really anything interesting to be released right now anyway, and I'll try to be as transparent as operational security allows going forward.

The current Pool of Justices is below the legal maximum. After the transition, we'll start talking with Permanent Justice Farengeto about possible additions to the pool. For now, if you feel like we should consider a particular person to be on the Pool, please let me know!

I assume that Far had a short list of candidates he presented to the cabinet. If that's not the case, then the incoming cabinet has some work to do. If that IS the case, I'm super disappointed in the outing cabinet for not getting this done when Far was pushing for it 2+ months ago!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

There already had been brief discussions about potential people between Farengeto and the outgoing cabinet. We'll just be inheriting and expanding on that.

Hello South Pacificans,

we're officially the cabinet now! The transition period was calm and smooth, and we're now off to a running start. Now that it's over, we'll be working on increasing our justice pool. We already have several names, and we'll go through and consider all of them. However, the list of names isn't closed at all, so I encourage all of you who have a suggestion to post it here with a quick blurb about why you think they would make a great justice. 

The SPSF has released its first report on the NS Gameplay forums in almost a year! It's quirky, colorful, and of course great promotion for what is, despite its size, one of the best militaries around. You can read it here. Furthermore, there are some promotions coming soon, and we'll have some tallies on what our soldiers have been doing soon as well.

In Foreign Affairs, Escade has released the FA survey we mentioned earlier. I encourage all of you to answer the survey. It only takes about 2-3 minutes, and it's a chance for a more fine-grained voice in the Foreign Affairs Ministry's doings. The survey can be found here.

And as always, I encourage you to reply to this with comments, questions, or anything else you need to get off your chest. I love answering questions!

-- Roavin