We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Minister of Foreign Affairs Summer 2017 Term

Welcome to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Summer 2017 (June - October) Term Office!

This space will be used for major announcements and updates.  Please use correlating discussion threads for general discussion.  

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
FA Team - Roavin, Tim
Advisers - Tsunamy, DruggedMonkeys, Glen-Rhodes

Thank you to the team for assisting with everything we have accomplished this term. 

TSP MoFA Discord -> https://discord.gg/uEG4tPs

TSP Discord -> https://discord.gg/YRkh3wZ

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

[Image: ObFmOaoV_hKGDVUGnnIuja8V4uQ2oHshjPddOPo9...E2vzLaQn7H]
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Report
Summer Survey 2017

In late June and early July 2017, 19 TSPers completed the survey here (http://bit.ly/2sSuxG7) and discussed their views and perceptions about foreign affairs in the South Pacific. Overall, the survey garnered many insightful and articulate responses regarding the role, goals, and projects that the participants wanted for TSP.  A special thanks to the cabinet for helping in putting this report together.

For questions where respondents chose in to write a response, the more insightful and articulate responses are highlighted. For data all TSP citizen\legislators responses were counted. Participants who would like to have their quotes attributed to them may send me a DM\PM\TG and it will be done Smile

A. The Survey
I. What do you think the role of foreign affairs and the MoFA should be in TSP?

Most respondents reinforce the role of FA as laid out in the charter.  The most insightful quotes include:

Quote:“TSP has the potential to define itself over a variety of good relationships to other regions abroad and to become most likely one of the most respected and beloved regions in this game.”

Quote:“Pursue/foster/improve relations with other regions, in benefit of TSP.”

Quote:“Quite broad, a combination of negotiations, cross-regional event planning, treaties, embassies, and mentoring.”

Quote:“Representing the region abroad, treaties, inter-regional events.”.

Quote:“Helping TSPers connect and have fun with our allies.”

II. Which of the following do you want to see during this term?

[Image: DYdJ_VimpFb4yoLarvWwsW80mlmJGvHuuMNHD7mW...da6hkNtPi2]

III. If you chose establish a new pact, treaty or begin a relationship with a cultural event - please specify which regions or region.

[Image: Y7NSwnwzuuiCPdPSxrMu8wJfDojFJBpc7sxbRG2r...DG8gtJLjcN]

IV. If you chose "engage in a different foreign affairs project" above please describe what you are thinking.

Quote:“TSP could be host to an NS wide event where other regions could attend to.”

Quote:“Not necessarily finding other GCRs, but UCRs as well to align/grow friendly with.”

Quote:“I would enjoy some kind of exhibition on the Coalition and its long history.”

V. Should TSP play a role in foreign affairs in the wider Nation States world?

[Image: irViPq2ZvxdUuNjFVtvCdocp8S1ALIHls545rVu_...onnANsa0cP]

VI. What does a successful FA term look like or mean to you?
This is my absolute favorite question because it garnered the most responses. It also gave a sense of the multiple roles that Foreign Affairs in TSP can play from the traditional to the silly to the more modern and also the underlying commonality. 

Quote:“One that has an organized and active FA Department with diplomats that are engaged in their region as well as one that quickly and efficiently resolves any conflicts.”

Quote:“Successful diplomatic relations with other people and spreading TSP culture.”

Quote:“Improving relations with current friendly/allied regions, and, if possible, finding new regions to work with. This applies to both cultural and military game play.”

Quote:“Any dramas that pop up are handled, but fun things happening with other regions are the main measure of success to me.”

Quote:“Taking over several regions by force; j/k -- working with alliance partners and/or finding new alliances.”

Quote:“Successful treaties that are well worked out. Bringing multiple region festivals together better in coordination with the MoRA. Expanding ministry membership.”

Quote:“Activities with allies, both cultural and military. Expanding influence, recruiting new members, potentially signing new treaties.”

Quote:“When every single NS region is under the rule of The Lampshade Empire, then the MoFA will have been successful.”

Quote:“You should have a foreign policy vision, rather than simply a disparate set of acts you've done over 4 months. Everything should fit a central vision and agenda. People should be able to look at the Escade era and know what it stood for.”

Quote:“Efficient dispersion of positive information/image of/about TSP abroad, and absorption of important FA goings on in the wider GP world so that the Cabinet/Legislators can make informed decisions regarding the governance of our region as one among many.”

VII. What is something FA related that you absolutely do not want TSP to do? This could be something from the first question (such as a treaty or alliance):

Quote:“Lead CAIN. It's not our pet project, and if Euro doesn't want to lead, or do any of the leg work, then we shouldn't take it from them.”

Quote:“I would prefer the FA to prefer isolationism.”

Quote:“Put up with regions like Osiris.”

Quote:“Treaties with Balder/Osiris. Both regions are weak, inactive, fundamentally undemocratic, puppets of outside interests. Balder's Head of Government Onderkelkia has committed an attack on our ally TRR, on top of being Onderkelkia, their Head of State isn't much better. Osiris is "run" by storied GCR Sovereignty disrespector Neo Kervoskia, and is generally a toxic dumpster fire.”

Quote:“Deal with Balder\Osiris. Break ties with TNP and Euro.”

Quote:“Ally with regions that harbor dangerous people (i.e. sexual harassers)? There's not much I wouldn't want us to do- we should be an open and friendly region. We're a GCR, after all.”

B. Post Survey Thoughts
In terms of the survey, it was my first one and I am thankful for help in compiling and organizing data. For future surveys, I think it might be more optimal to:

1. Have participants select only 1, 2 or 3 for multiple options to get a sense of ranking or have them rank their choices.
  2. How to effectively use write-in responses?
  3. Have a question that allows for follow up such as “Would you be open to being contacted for follow-ups on your responses?”

In terms of what is coming up in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, please keep an eye on the various mediums of FA communication for follow ups.  We have some great things planned for this term!

Thank you to everyone who partook and joyously offered their thoughts Smile  It's a pleasure to serve TSP <3

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

=150Welcome to the Coalition

The official governing regime of The South Pacific is the Coalition. We've lasted well over a decade as a democratic and representative government for The South Pacific.

Our Government

The Coalition is organized with a mix of characteristics from real-world federal and parliamentary countries. We have three branches of government: the executive, which is split between a head of state and prime minister; the legislature, which is semi-bicameral with a devolved home rule for the in-game community; and the judiciary, headed by the Permanent Justice. 

The Delegate serves as head of state and protects the region against outside invaders. The government is led by the Prime Minister and the Cabinet, and it's these players who you should contact if you need to get in touch with TSP's leaders. The legislature is led by the Chair of the Assembly, who runs the Assembly but is not a member of the Cabinet.

Head of State | Drugged Monkeys
Prime Minister | Roavin
Minister of Foreign Affairs | Escade
Minister of Regional Affairs | Spenty
Minister of Military Affairs | Yuno
Chair of the Assembly | Farengeto

Index of Statements

Previous embassies:

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs 
& The Ministry of Regional Affairs
Announcement

The South Pacific military force, the SPSF, has worked closely with the best defender organizations for the past year. We would like to celebrate our friendship and camaraderie with The Grey Wardens, TITO, RRA, RIASF, LCA, FORGE, DOW, SDF, UDSAF and other organizations through a Defender Expo

This event is planned to coincide with the The Grey Wardens’ Defender Awards Voting and Ceremony Period, from Wednesday July 19-26, 2017. It’s an opportunity for defenders and their friends to showcase their accomplishments and successes and engage in some fun games and social events.

Each day of the event will include defender challenges. These events will take place either well before (2-4 hours) or right after update so that our soldiers can operate to their full capabilities on the field. 

Defender Challenges
- Chasing
Who’s the fastest chaser of them all? Can you get it down to 1 sec, 2 sec, or 3 sec moves? Have an officer test your speed and join the FastBoi\Girl Squad. Officers will lead competitors in a 10 region jump. See regions list. 

- Chasing + Switching
For the most advanced defenders, can you still get those 1 sec jumps if you have to switch as well? Have an officer test your speed and join the FastBoi\Girl Squad. Officers will lead competitors in a 10 region jump.

- Detag Runs
During a slow update, defenders will go on detag runs - the most detags wins.

Social Events
Social Events will let defenders and friends get to know each other and hang out Smile
- Rabb.it screening of action packed and fun movies
- Cards Against Humanity

Q&A Discussions
Key members of the movement will be engaging in a Q&A session on Discord or on NSGP:
- Benevolent Thomas
- Harmoneia
- DYP
- Dyr
- TBA

The event is being hosted by organizers from all of the major organizations and will be held on LibCord Discord and in this threadin NSGP. We welcome defenders, friends, allies and anyone who is interested in learning more about this aspect of gameplay Smile Celebrate with us!

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

& The Ministry of Regional Affairs
Announcement

Challenges & Badges
Want to participate in a challenge or show your love? Grab one of these amazing badges created by Somyrion! In addition, each organization mentioned above has its own version so ask away on the Libcord Discord Server for your colors!

Itinerary

See here <3

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Announcement

We are pleased to announce that after an exceptionally active and positive election cycle with strong candidates, the South Pacific has elected Drugged Monkeys as delegate of the South Pacific.  

DM has a long history in the South Pacific that includes serving as an Ambassador under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, serving as Minister of Justice twice, and serving the Military as Minister of Security under the SPA and NSA prior to the SPSF. Most recently he has served the region as Vice Delegate, and then three terms as Prime Minister, all the while serving on the CRS. 

In his victory speech, DM stated:
Quote:Words cannot express how grateful I am for this opportunity.
I have written a speech, but I’m sure it will not fully express my gratitude.

First off I’d like to thank Seraph and Sam for both running clean, amazing campaigns.
I’m not sure I’ll ever recover from the roller coaster ride of a Second Round we had here on the RMB with the voting! Tongue
Seraph, your a Rock Star. In the short time you have been here you have made quite the impression. You will continue to do amazing things here in TSP and Beyond, of that I have no doubt. Thank you for being such a noble opponent <3

Next I’d like to thank all the voters, and I mean ALL the voters! We had 114 voters this go-round, which makes this the Second Highest Voter Turnout in the RMB Delegate Election Round. All of you, the TSP Citizens, are what make this all possible. Without your participation and support, I would not be here today writing this speech.

I’ve dreamed of this moment ever since I stepped foot in this beautiful region, and now I will get the chance to see that dream become a reality. I don’t know what else to say besides Thank You. Thank You all for giving me this opportunity, I will not waste it.

Much Love,

DM

DM will be undertaking a foreign relations tour in the coming weeks! Keep an eye out for further announcements!

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Statement on Lazarus

Numerical evidence and data shows that NationStates is in the middle of its Summer lull. The endorsement count on Tsunamy has dipped below 400, which it has not been in over a year; similar trends can be observed in Osiris, where Neo Kervoskia holds the lowest endorsement count since becoming Pharaoh; or in any other GCR, with one exception - Lazarus. Funkadelia now holds an unprecedented endorsement count of 268, up from 235 only two weeks ago. This deviation from the norm is indicative.

We view the recent reports issued by the Lazarene Guardian and Curious Observations with great concern, even more so since Lazarus has been a valued ally for quite some time. It is clear to anyone that Lazarus is undergoing great inner turmoil as mutual accusations of voter importation, illegal actions, and cronyism are rampant between factions. We unequivocally condemn these very things no matter by whom they are committed. The Coalition of the South Pacific holds the claim to the oldest extant democracy in NationStates, going on 14 years, and in this time we have been through similar trials, but always emerged stronger than we were before by obeying the rule of law and keeping democratic principles sacred; we have urged Funkadelia to stay true to that creed and we urge all other factions and participants in this conflict to do so as well.

We hold great respect for the sovereignty of our ally and strongly believe in free and fair elections. We are monitoring the situation in Lazarus closely and offer to mediate between factions involved so that a civil resolution can be reached that serves the Lazarene community.

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Statement on Lazarus and Pledge of Support for the Government-in-Exile

Yesterday, the Coalition of the South Pacific offered to mediate between the opposing factions in Lazarus, an offer readily accepted by the faction calling itself "La Resistance", while Delegate Funkadelia requested 24 hours to reply. Unfortunately, in this time, Funkadelia and his supporters have decided to overthrow the Lazarene government and purge significant members of the opposition. With assent of the Cabinet and the General Corps of the South Pacific Special Forces, General Resentine entered the Discord server of the resistance to investigate, and was able to confirm that the accusatory screenshots posted by Killer Kitty are maliciously taken out of context and that the resistance did not attempt a coup of the Lazarene government. It is now unambiguously clear that the aggressors in this conflict are Funkadelia, Killer Kitty (Evil Wolf), and Scum (Lamb Stone).

The actions of Delegate Funkadelia and his faction, namely the extra-judicial and illegal removal as well as defamation of their political opponents, is as unambiguous an example of an illegal coup as it is possible to imagine. Claims to the contrary are nothing but the most transparent attempts at propaganda to disguise this, and no informed and objective individual could conclude otherwise. The "Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation between The South Pacific and Lazarus" is an alliance between the legitimate governments of the South Pacific and Lazarus; the term legitimate can no longer be applied to the regime of Funkadelia for the reasons stated above. The South Pacific does not recognize the government of Funkadelia instated at this last minor update, and pledge our support for the government-in-exile as per Article IV Section 3 of our mutual treaty. 

Signed,

Roavin, Prime Minister
Escade, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Yun, Minister of Military Affairs
Drugged Monkeys, Delegate-Elect

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Announcing the Game of Thrones Festival (GoTF)

This festival celebrates the shared camaraderie between two great regions and our shared love for the Game of Thrones books and TV Show. This may also be the first steps to further friendship and cooperation between  The South Pacific and The Pacific  Smile

We would like to congratulate the NPO on their 14th anniversary!  \o/

To begin with all friends and allies and well-wishers, as as well as fans of the books and\or television series are welcome.  To partake in the festival join the Discord link and please declare allegiance to a Noble House.  

Houses will earn points and the the House with the most points at the end of the festival will take the Iron Throne. 

The South Pacifican Noble Houses
House Tsunamy 
House LadyRebels
House Fudgetopia

The Pacifican Noble Houses
House Savar
House Pergamon
House VanguardFed
House Svezjacael
House Karenus

Festival Highlights
GoT Discussion - Talk about the season finale, the books or anything related to this world (spoilers abound be warned)
Game Tournaments - Cards Against Humanity, Chess, and Checkers
Creative Pursuits - Write poems, submit artwork, or perform 
Roleplay - Continue the story set in the Game of Thrones world or even create your own character
Spam Games - Who can sit on the Iron Throne the longest, Fake Spoilers
Quiz Bowl - How well do you know the books or the show?
Quizlets - Which character would you be? Take the quizzes and post your results here

On the forums:
The Pacific - NPO Forums - Themed mafia and werewolf games
The South Pacific - TSP Forums -  Writing Contests

NUKE DAY
Stay tuned for TSP & NPO Nuke Day Collaborations Redux

Plug for the new Game of Thrones region for roleplay enthusiasts!  Join an engaging strategic roleplay!

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

N Day Results & Game of Thrones Festival Cont'd

On N Day the First, TSP was an early star - rising to the top of the leaderboards in a few short hours but then... calamity fell. We fell from the sky onto the last few pages of the leaderboards.  Yet, this time, we have risen like a phoenix from the ashes. 

This N Day the Second, TSP aligned itself with two great regions the North Pacific and the The Pacific into a triumvirate called Uppercut. The best and brightest military leaders from each region operated in a command center together as one unified force. 

With our combined forces, each region (TSP, TNP, & TP) did far better in the rankings than N Day the First. This alliance shows the power of collaboration <3

We invite you to join us in continuing our celebration with the NPO at the Game of Thrones Festival by joining the Discord here.  Once there you will declare a Noble House. Right now House Pergamon is in the lead, having acquired the most House points, with House Tsunamy in second place. 

For fans of the book series or show, who also enjoy role play, this is a plug for the new Game of Thrones region for roleplay enthusiasts!  Join an engaging strategic roleplay set 100 years after the current events!

A special shout out to TSPers General Roavin, Master of Shields and General Resentine, Master of FirePower, and Commander Altmoras, Master of Strategy.  

All of the TSPers who joined with our allies and friends, made this turnaround happen and we look forward to further successes on the next day.

Congratulations to Totally not the AA, Potato, Forest, UDS Nuclear Defense Treaty, Dangerous Stationary (TSPer Pencil Sharpeners ran this faction), and Friendship and Explosives for their victories and grace on the battlefield!

Stay tuned for GoTF Updates & More

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest