We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Forum Reorganization

Our current forum sitation is weird. We've talked about this briefly on Discord. Here's what I think our structure should be: 
  • The top level forum exists for announcements and signups, as before
  • "The Hut" as a forum for all SPSF personnel; includes standing orders and training materials
  • "Secret Tree House" for the General Corps
We could also consider making a sub-forum for officers and above for mission planning, though I'm not sure if that'd be used that much. 

Once we finalize what we want, I'll make the appropriate request to the forum administration Smile
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Oh, we should also remove the IRC link, replace it with a Discord link, and have the "code of conduct" link point to the actual law instead of the old pre-GC2016 copy.

Bump ... maybe we can tackle this in the new term? >_>

(I'm sure Escade has other name ideas Tounge )

Need a place to put my reports and other kinds of documents in. S

Small wish: We have total forum management right over this place as our current admins are slow on response which made me very very unhappy *serious*.
Chief Supervising Armchair

Viet,
When you say forum management? What specifically would you like? Do you want a specific subforum for Reports? Is that accessible to anyone or just to TSPers or just to Personnel?

Right now I think of this as a potential structure and then the MoMA and Generals can have the rights to move\stick\unstick threads:

Top Level - Announcements\Sign-Ups\Culture or Civilian Things
(The Hut) The Garrison - For all SPSF Personnel, Training Guides, 
(The Secret Tree House) The Citadel - For Generals and MoMA

Put IRC link in the Garrison\Citadel and put Discord link on the main\top level

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(10-28-2017, 11:29 AM)Escade Wrote: Viet,
When you say forum management? What specifically would you like? Do you want a specific subforum for Reports? Is that accessible to anyone or just to TSPers or just to Personnel?

Right now I think of this as a potential structure and then the MoMA and Generals can have the rights to move\stick\unstick threads:

(The Hut) The Garrison - For all SPSF Personnel, Training Guides, 
(The Secret Tree House) The Citadel - For Generals and MoMA

Put IRC link in the Garrison\Citadel and put Discord link on the main\top level

We need total masking and subforums creating/deleting permissions.

Admins aren't going to give us that, unfortunately. We have moderation powers though.

Viet, outline the structure you want and we can get it through request.  That's normative. 

So is there a reports subforum you'd like? Or what is it specifically you have asked for and not gotten for a unreasonable reason?

Also not sure what the issues with admin are because they seem to respond to things just fine.  We're not even following protocols in many situations such as having people apply on the forums.

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(10-29-2017, 11:04 PM)Escade Wrote: Viet, outline the structure you want and we can get it through request.  That's normative. 

So is there a reports subforum you'd like? Or what is it specifically you have asked for and not gotten for a unreasonable reason?

Also not sure what the issues with admin are because they seem to respond to things just fine.  We're not even following protocols in many situations such as having people apply on the forums.

Yes.

Okies so this is what it looks like we want:

Reports - For all reports and records\documentation that is open to the public
(The Hut) The Garrison - For all SPSF Personnel, Training Guides, etc
(The Secret Tree House) The Citadel - For Generals and MoMA and classified discussions

Put an IRC link in the Garrison\Citadel and put Discord link on the main\top level

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest