We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Balder potentially proscribing TSP

I was given this quote from the Balder Storting (their legislature):

Quote:Members of the Storting,

I lay before you a bill to prevent Balder from suffering acts of subversion of the kind which we have sadly seen in other game-created regions, most notably The South Pacific, which was driven to conflict with Balder by hostile pro-defender elements who had captured control of its polity. It is imperative that all of our citizens respect and advance the material interests of our region in all their engagement with the wider gameplay world.

Basically, they want to declare us proscribed.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

So, given the thread in the Assembly - does anybody want to field an idea on how to structure such a statement? I'd go for, basically, "pfft whatever, suit yourselves bitches, idgaf" in diplomatic-speak.

We can call bullshit. We're not subversive.
We just do defenses against raids.

If they declare us proscribed for practically no reason... Should we declare war on them for almost no reason?

Smh, I'll write a statement later but yknow how I do my statements. Not really a political-sounding writer.

REALLY ROUGH DRAFT & PROLLY A BIT ON THE SHARP SIDE

We are not surprised that our once former and failed ally, Balder, continues to engage in it's deceitful enterprise. As it has wallowed in irrelevancy for the past several years, one of the least active sinkers since 2010, it is no surprise that its decades old "leaders" have once again made a policy that is nonsensical and has only one goal - to further "advance" Balder into its already declining near corpsular state. 

An active, honorable region like the South Pacific finds the statement by Balder at best to be amusing and honestly a sign of the final nail in the coffin for the sinker.  Lament those who thought that Balder might be more than an elderly home where a 10 endo count cap shows how little faith the sinker has in its own people. 

To respond directly to the malicious diatribes - the South Pacific is an independent region in every way.  It is not afraid to make work with organizations that are defender, raider or independent and does so on a regular basis.  It seems that the imperialist sphere has turned defenders into their bogeyman because, frankly, idle minds and idle hands have nothing better than to do. If only they spent as much time building their own regions into viable and functioning communities - they might actually have one. 

(something about Nazi's here but can't think of it yet)

Although, this part of that whole thing is fun:
Quote:It is not the job of regions to go out of their way to compromise their interests in order to accommodate dual citizens. Rather, it is the overriding duty of citizens to arrange their affairs and make choices which ensure that their actions and allegiances never run contrary to the interests of their regions.

Each game-created region is a unique regional community in its own right. There is no reason why anyone should expect to be able to simultaneously hold down citizenship in all game-created regions. Merely because Balder is a game-created region does not extinguish its own identity and interests.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Ooh, some nice ideas there, Escade! The final statement shouldn't be too spicy but I think it's reasonable to incorporate a certain amount of seasoning for sure.

I'll wait for the rest and then see if I can string that together into one statement.

Let's not drop the ball here Tounge

Anything else somebody wants to point out? If not, I'll whip something together.

(Addendum: We left it as we ended up thinking it's better to just ignore them rather than give them the satisfaction)