We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[RELEASED] 2 Month Planning

Okay so I know I'm not Chairman anymore, but I want to know what we, the party, think should be done over the next 2 months in TSp and how we can work to making that happen. So any thoughts?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Aside from the ever ongoing court reform, I'd really like to look at serious CRS reform. A while back a reconfirmation idea was thrown around, till it died in the buzz of the election. Seems perhaps that such a reform could be raised to the table again, perhaps in conjunction with the everlasting court reforms.

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!

I agree about court reform.

I also would love to see more regional social events and games that multiple people could run. It's a good way to get to know people and also draw people in.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I agree with the games part. 

Someone (I think seraph) introduced court reform to the assembly a couple of months ago, and it was many of the ideas that TIL and the APC worked on.. Right now, there is another group in which there are a couple of APC members in there that are working on court reform. 

In terms of CRS reform, we introduced that and voted on that in the assembly a few months ago, and the same group mentioned above is doing this as well. I think the party should create some ideas for the laws so the members of this group can introduce them.

My idea is to actually get these committees off the ground and use them, or dissolve them with an APCRC/full party vote.
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

Yes games would be great! I considered proposing it in RA but when I was made Deputy I put it to the side on focus on the job at hand.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

I'd like to see the committees in full swing too. I'll start dming those people who haven't stated their interest.

What Spenty said.
Signed,
[Image: tspsig.png]
Positions:
Legislator of The South Pacific
King of Machina, Defence Realm of Illuminati Alliance
Citizen of The East Pacific
Former Positions:
Overlord of Masterz
Seargant of HYDRA
Talon of Firehehlm
Munifiex of The Roman Empire
[Image: rv43j5bZ3p1Rs0A01odvThXy-TLzgwlhUTl_mY9E...66-h654-rw]

As the newest member of the APC, I'd just like to share my experience, since the two months haven't passed yet.

I think the party isn't particularly "user-friendly," if you will, to new members. It's not that we don't welcome them, but I think a welcome guide is needed. The people here are, from my experience thus far, nice, helpful, and generally wonderful, but even so, it took me a while to orient myself.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

(09-07-2017, 11:59 PM)Pronoun Wrote: As the newest member of the APC, I'd just like to share my experience, since the two months haven't passed yet.

I think the party isn't particularly "user-friendly," if you will, to new members. It's not that we don't welcome them, but I think a welcome guide is needed. The people here are, from my experience thus far, nice, helpful, and generally wonderful, but even so, it took me a while to orient myself.

I fully agree! I have a feeling we will address this as a party in the next month or so. Smile
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

(09-07-2017, 11:59 PM)Pronoun Wrote: As the newest member of the APC, I'd just like to share my experience, since the two months haven't passed yet.

Glad to hear your thoughts on this! I'd like to float an idea in response to this, which I'll do here.

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!