We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Wong's answers to mostly everything
Heart 
Hello and welcome to Wong's answers to mostly everything. It is pretty simple, you ask any question that is a legitamate concern in society and I try to answer it. It's win-win. You get an answer and I get to learn how to avoid homophobic language. Just drop one in anytime and you will get an answer as fast as I can reach you.

Yes, why is the nasi lemak burger so good?
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Simple really

1) The base ingredients of a fried egg, sambal, chicken and a slice of cucumber, most importantly the chicken cooked in a method that we see as perfect. McDonalds being Halal also helped.
2) Nationalistic pride during its release made us Singaporeans want to try it, then some bloke says its good and by the power of social media & nationalistic capitalism, we all flocked into the nearest mickey D's to eat it
3) McDonalds has a very good history of fusion dishes & though the others do just as well, McDonalds is number one here, so it doesn't hurt them to switch the usual cheeseburger with Coca Cola, regular fries, ice cream cone and apple pie with something unique, shouting "Hey ! Limited Quantity !!!"

This applies to any other unique local variations being popular in your country folks, as long it is a multinational fast food joint. Next please

You live in Singapore? If you do, is it really so compact?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(08-12-2017, 11:42 AM)Ryccia Wrote: You live in Singapore? If you do, is it really so compact?

Ahh... This question makes me into a poster boy of the future democratic Singapore. Hold on. <Wears a suit with a Red tie, Singapore flag pin on the left side of my blazer. Stands on podium with the Singaporean state crest after some guy says "It is my pleasure to introduce the youngest Minister of National Development, Justin Wong" and some cheers>

Singapore is a very compact place. Even though this was the result of a dynasty of a three generation mostly bbenevolent dictatorship. Let me start from the 1960s, it is 1965 and Singapore has exited the Malaysian Federation. There was panic in the streets. Even with Kampungs (Malay rural villages), homelessness was about more than half. At the same time, foreign investments were direly needed to surivive with no resources. Then the government saw Apartments in London and skyscrapers in America. The Housing flat was born, with 30 storey buildings with half a thousand housed per building. Suddenly Kampungs were deemed an unneccessary and risky living style as foreign MNCs saw an interest in this new concept of living. The first such examples are the towns of Toa Payoh and Queenstown. It became a rousing success as a cheap and afforable place to live in. It transformed Singapore from a poor nation to a newly fledging one with a gigantic middle class by ten years of Independence. To this day, we are 100 per cent urbanized. As years went by with the state companies and MNCs hand in hand increased Singapore's wealth, we could afford sand for reclaimation from all across ASEAN, mainly Indonesia. There are still plans for reclaimation till today. The fact that we have an efficient taxpayer base and a perfect location for traders to come and trade in some midpoint also helped. Basically we Singaporeans see a home not as a luxury, but a right. Every HDB we build is custom tailored to an individual's or family's need. Our goal to be a smart nation also means we are willing to learn from others. We also consume less than most wealthy nations as our culture is a pro-conservation one. So to sum things up, Singapore is compact because of the following:

#1: Ability to focus on long term building plans

#2: Wealth from Geopolitical trading location and taxpayer system funding this

#3: A culture that emphasizes on minimizing waste despite better living conditions

#4: Using soft power as a middle power to broker extra sand for reclaimation of land by sea

#5: A very politically apathetic people as we trust the government to do its job

#6: Racial unity

#7: Importation of latest resource management technologies in a quest to be the world's irst smart nation

In conclusion, though we are not perfect right now, we seem to be the shining beacon of the developed world. I hope to spread this to more nations and usher into Paxa Singapura. Though we should not be boastful, we are in a midst of a golden age and it is time for us to shine ! Thank you <Cheers and wwhistles f joy>

Hey ! Just reminding you that you guys can still drop a question anytime. Come on ! I am bored as hell over here !

What is life
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(08-22-2017, 02:35 AM)Hammerstar Wrote: What is life

Well gimme a medal if I am if right.

Life is everything and nothing. Life is real and fake. Life is real and a simulation. Life is nothing but a mystery.

I cannot answer this question my son. Life is a mystery that cannot be solved. We might be nothing but a video game belonging to a superior species. We might be real but forced to be in a virtual world ala Matrix style. We might just be a dream... But we know one thing. Life is everything we make of it.

Sure we have people who have no "freedom" to choose their decision. Even when the people have "freedom", it is basically just choosing the decisions of what other people give you. Nevertheless who or where you are from, you are to make life as much of it.

So to conclude, life is everything. Life is nothing. Life is what one's will and desires create it to be. Life is what one is forced to forego lest he or she shall suffer an inescapable fate. Life is anything that comes and goes.

OR:

life
lʌɪf/
noun
  1. 1.
    the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
    "the origins of life"synonyms:existence, being, living, animation, aliveness, animateness; More  
    •   
  2. 2.
    the existence of an individual human being or animal.
    "a disaster that claimed the lives of 266 people"synonyms:person, human being, individual, mortal, soul, creature
    "more than 1,500 lives were lost in the accident"

Brunei
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)