We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Lone Wolves United Consulate
Heart 
Greetings, South Pacificans!

It gives me great pleasure to be working to maintain relations between our regions and I hope to distribute updates in this Consulate as and when we have something to publish Smile

It just so happens that one of our wolves has written an opinion piece yesterday, it's a response to Abacathea's dispatch on Liberate Hogwarts. It was originally intended to be published in Running Wolf, but I will post it here in the hopes that some may find his article interesting!

If anybody has any questions about TSP-LWU relations, feel free to contact me on IRC or Skype.

Here follows Kurosaki's The Meat of the Matter, originally posted at:
http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=264807
Bug 
Offered for inclusion in the revival of The Running Wolf. Soon to be posted to the NS Dispatches section.

-

"...The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."
- Niccolo Machiavelli, Discourses on Livy, Chapter XXV

Kurosaki here.

Less than a day ago, as of this writing, Abacathea, a nation historically known for its avid support of the World Assembly and its Security Council, posted a dispatch detailing a decided aversion to the Liberation legislation, only a few days previously rammed through the Security Council, that to date remains aimed against the Lone Wolves United's acquisition of the region Hogwarts. Within the dispatch, Abacathea mentions numerous aspects of an apparently growing unease with the behavior of the dyed-in-the-wool Defenders surrounding him, and in turn the logical principles as to why the Hogwarts 'takeover', if it should in fact ultimately be resisted, should not be so through the heavy-handed use of the SC.

Fine points, to be found throughout the entire piece...so long as one proceeds from a position of sound logic and reason. As he is already experiencing, however, such position tends to be employed only rarely at best by the cliques that have dominated the World Assembly, and predisposed it to an unending systemic bias, since its earliest days if not very inception.

This article, in turn, is now written in an to attempt to give categorical, if likely-to-be-attacked-by-Defenders, answers to the issues that Abacathea raises, and potentially even to his entire philosophical position. As it proceeds, it will begin with reply to whole given paragraphs, responding to the general 'feel' of each section, but will eventually take on direct quotes, and reply on a point by point basis.

The opening material details what is ultimately his own personal preferences for existing inside NationStates, and as such there is next to nothing to gainsay...if, at least, that position is honestly being maintained. When stating that Raiding was not an option for him, he immediately elucidates that this was due to a preference for order, and aversion to the chaos that the Raider/Defender battles all but inevitably bring. One might even hope that this would also imply that he has never stood against Raiding, i.e. never arrayed himself, through use of a proxy (puppet) nation, alongside the actual forces of the Defenders, and if so, my congratulations for such ideological purity. However, I would be curious to know whether he has ever sided, in World Assemblist/Security Council votes, with those who have unfurled the only-too-often-seen Liberation option (which his dispatch title seemed to accurately liken to a tactical nuclear weapon), and thereby supported the forced re-openings of regions that were in the process of being converted, through the use of controlled regional entry and exit (passwords), into Raider territory. If not, then I am even more impressed. But if so, then his claim to neutrality would unfortunately be far more spurious than he lets on. I suppose I will have to wonder, for the time being.

The Liberation, and subsequent repeal thereof, of Nazi Europe...a region only just this very day resuming a place amongst NS' version of the "nightly news"...is a fascinating subject worthy of its own dispatches (plural). However, as regards to what Abacathea speaks of, I likewise supported the repeal, even though several of my own Raider associates adamantly did not. In an almost hilarious subversion of the classical roles, I became the 'defender' (*shivers, making sure to lowercase that*) of the right for a individual region, whose very existence I literally loathe, to lock itself, as best it was able, away from the world if its leadership and/or membership so chose...while those aforementioned Raider associates often saluted the use of the Liberation option for, succinctly paraphrased, 'attacking racist bastards'. On pure ideology alone, I was against using Security Council power to attack a group that goes out of their way to be [expletives deleted], for in stark contrast to Abacathea, my resentment toward the World Assembly and its Security Council, and my hatred for its self-(or 'divinely'-)appointed role as enforcer of conformity, is quite equal to that towards those idiotic enough to believe that skin color (as opposed to thoughts, feelings and beliefs, let's say) has anything to do with a person's value. From the loggerheads of two mutually exclusive stances, he and I agreed (despite doubtless being unaware of each other's very existences at the time) that the Liberation was...'patently unfair'. That this set of events was even possible bodes well for a future filled with excitement.

That said: I was a direct member of the allied (Allied?) offensive incursion last night, and publicly hope, as a rather socially-conservative, self-proclaimed Anti-World Assemblist Terrorist, that the region is ultimately permanently burned to the bleeding ground.

"Queue: Liberate Hogwarts."

Indeed. The Meat of the Matter, that here follows.

"As The North Pacific's Minister for World Assembly Affairs, proposals at quorum are viewed and appraised by me, I'm not perfect, but I have always done my appraisals without bias, even on instances voting against my recommendations to the region simply because it was the right way to be, neutral."

Again, a remarkable ideological purity in the face of the given politics. If neutrality matters so much, however, I have to ask why the conflicting recommendations would even be present to begin with, in our friendly World Assembly Affairs Minister's psychological portfolio. Is some sort of divisive internal struggle underway, even now? Is there any remote chance of a violently-asserted individuality rising to the fore, something that some of us purported 'extremists' would encourage without a moment's hesitation, whether it eventually concludes in our favor or not?

"Imagine my surprise when Liberate Hogwarts came to the fore, a region that was not passworded, and not in immediate danger of doing so. I quickly dismissed it as an against vote and the pattern suggested this would be the trend. I enquired with my sources as to the situation, and left it at that. Until it passed."

Imagine my surprise, when first reading this passage, given that it was from someone avowedly so intertwined with the workings, and presumably 'backroom dealings', of the World Assembly and Security Council 'ebbs and flows'. After even just months of observation and interaction, nevermind years, has he truly, up until now, not noticed the overwhelming Defender-bias that seeps out of the organization like a wet sponge? How many resolutions are on the books, free to be looked up this very moment, that openly Commend given nations/members for fighting against Raiding, which is directly referenced by name? Go and look up prospective Commendations for the inverse, Raiding against given regions, and actually find anyone mentioned at all, and I will immediately offer tribute in a dispatch dedicated solely to your prospective elite archivist skills. ...No, the fact that some of us continually refer to Condemnations as "Awards" does not count.

Truly, how could this not be grasped, and quickly enough? The World Assembly is in fact so Defender-biased that I've often assumed, whether justified or not, that treating it as an algebraic equation is objectively accurate: that Defenders ARE the World Assembly, that they automatically support it by definition, and that they feel implacably offended at the mere notion of it ever proclaiming anything, ever, that remotely resembles praise for their enemies. To put it bluntly, the World Assembly, neverminding its continuing use as a truncheon for the cause of conformity, has a long history of being a propaganda instrument for the Defender cause. And...Abacathea is surprised by this??

"I have since made it my mission to pull this tragedy out of the books before Hogwarts becomes another Nazi Europe."

When I say "good luck", it is with a heady mixture of earnestness and jadedness.

"Faced with an adversary who refuses to show their face for what can only assume is fear, be it they be shown wrong when their act comes down, or they face reprisal for what they did, knowing it was wrong. They've made it their goal to ensure my repeal never makes it to vote, and despite all this challenge, I counter-counter campaign with everything I can muster hoping to be that bit faster than my opponent."

While I hate the World Assembly and the worthless coerced conformity that it stands for, I respect this passage as I have few others. Straight up, this man is speaking up for what he feels is right; the fact that I'm an avowed member of the Lone Wolves United, and take Raiding (or more accurately, Invading; to be clarified in a future dispatch) as an aspect of my NS life has, whether anyone believes me or not, little to do with it. The long-time masters of the mindless mob want to try to bury his efforts, and he's fighting back.

In a single word: woot.

"In the past few days I have been accused of potentially setting a dangerous precedent in the SC by not allowing this to stand. That this will prove that if you raid a region, you're entitled to keep it, however, allowing this resolution to stand sets an even more dangerous one. That if your ideology, or worse, your label, is different to those "private agents" of the world, you're entitled to be slammed by the powers that be."

Of course you have, Abacathea. In the battle between Raiders and Defenders, no weapons are considered out-of-bounds by the 'true believers'; nor should they be, I would perhaps ironically posit. In yet another subject worthy of its own dispatches, I would erase the "COPS" agreement from the books this very moment if I could, and hand out a personal Commendation to the Aeazan Combine for now long ago dragging real emotions out of the people behind the masks. All battlegrounds are fair game, to paraphrase Don Quixote.

Of course, that might imply that I feel the slamming by the aforementioned private agents of the world is justified in any way. It is: insofar as the 1956 Soviet subjugation of Hungary was 'justified': the Hungarian population rose up against those that dictated officially acceptable thought and behavior...and the latter then beat them into a bloody mass on the ground, followed by subsequently suppressing all discussion of the matter for the next thirty years. For anyone who believes that might (or in NS' case, quantity) makes right, the justification is obvious. And in a way, you could even lump me, of all people, in with them: since they have long since used this method, I am just as inclined to use it back, if and where I can. Would I be just like them, then? No more than two sides attacking each other, each armed with ballistic weapons, makes them alike.

To those who would not use such tactics...like you, perhaps?...I would very likely stay my hand, insofar as the use of those 'weapons'; since you would...amazingly, for an avowed World Assemblist...'not deserve it'.

"It has been alleged that the 'native' population are being punished by pursuing this. Except they're not. The 'true natives' of the region are long gone, by what means, is irrelevant. Now, this is a point that needs clarified, I am NOT advocating how they were removed, what I am stating though, is long before the Liberation was placed, the natives were gone. Not by a few days, far longer. The purpose of this Liberation was to punish the raider forces who now, by virtue of their sole occupation and time spent in the region had become the natives. Despite their promises to restore the region to grandeur, they've been targetted, why? Because they're raiders."

Ironic that they would allege the punishment of a native population when the historical Liberation of Nazi Europe, whether it was later repealed or not, did exactly that with their blessing, due to their (otherwise rational) disapproval of its racist ideologies. Or perhaps not so ironic, if one understands that the World Assembly is a 'marketing' platform for an long-established paradigm of thought and belief, historically under the domination of Defenders.

In other words, 'fair and balanced'? Why do you think they would want that? Defenders demand the demonization of Raiders, not the understanding of. Raiders, and the non-conformist, confrontational behavior they espouse, are marked for extermination, not co-existence. If Raiders become a region's natives, then the Defenders want to destroy that region; go and look at the continuing Defender lockdown on the legendary DEN region, if you don't believe me. This isn't about fairness and working together: this is about enforcing conformity, and destroying all opposition. This is about officially-sanctioned 'oppression', exactly what they accuse us of.

On one final note on this aspect, I feel the need to point something out. Whether refounded or not, the region has already had far more activity, and theoretical "grandeur", than in its entire last year of history, if not all its history put together. Rare are the regions that do not historically rise and then fall, but when we are there, stuff unquestionably happens. Which of course only adds to their obsession with our obliteration, no?

...Yes: because we're Raiders. Period.

"What's even more telling, is true defenders, who understand the Council and its purposes, like Benevolent Thomas and Ten Thousand Islands have, like myself, condemned this act, while those who simply cannot let go of the warlines have stated they'd rather let the region die, than be controlled by people who wish to make it prosper. Why? Because of who they are. Not what they will do."

For the record, I've recently been in contact with others who view your 'true defender' as anything but. If those conversations are ever no longer decidedly private, I'll point out who, and how he is perceived. Until then, suffice to say that my own experiences are that "true Defenders" tend toward being implacable, monolithic, and dedicated to nothing less than the permanent erasure of everything I believe in and stand for in this NationStates world. My crime, along with everyone even remotely like me, is being aggressive, authoritative and anarchic (yes, the latter two seemingly contradictory) in a world that demands passivity, obedience and regimented structure: a spanner in the works of the cog-filled machine. Ever see Ridley Scott's "two-minute commercial movie", 1984? That girl with the flying sledgehammer is an INVADER of that room.

"The polarizations of the game are becoming increasingly concerning, and alarming to me. I myself am currently watching as my own status changes by virtue of my actions even as we speak in fighting this injustice. I have gone from being a counterweight to raiders in my region, to being the "invader leaning SC author" to now flat out encouraging the most dangerous precedent set in the game yet. It's interesting how doing the right thing, makes you the bad guy, because you're deemed to be doing it for the "wrong" people."

You mean you're trying to straddle the middle of a chasm that is widening to a healthy degree. In the end, Abacathea...you and all like you have to choose. Do you stand on principle? So do I; and so, I must admit, do a lot of them. Our principles just call for perpetual war with the other, until the argument is fully concluded; and if it never concludes, then it is in fact a war without end.

That they have been so quick to try to ostracize you should be an indicator as to which one is right. "Invader-leaning SC author"? "Dangerous-precedent-setter"? Interesting.

From me, you'd simply be stricken with the absolutely damning title of:

"Abacathea"

"I worry what the future holds should I fail to uphold the ideals of the council and its tools, when the council motto is being misquoted to justify misdeeds. And when the most dangerous precedent of all is set, that a tool meant to safeguard a community, can also be used to cause chaos in one too."

...Stop, and please read something for me, as well as for yourself. It won't take long.

"Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary."

That, right there, is the Council's motto, word for word. Read it again. Now stop and realize what it means, especially the second interregional aspect: goodwill...via force. The Security Council says it's going to MAKE people want the best for each other; that's what the word "goodwill" actually means. Will, in turn, is something that comes from within, and the Council is going to MAKE it be what they deem to be good, even if it requires coercion.

Every single oppressive ideology in the entire world can fit that quote into their myriad doctrines; every single one. Heck, I could do so, at a glance: as defining 'goodwill', I, as a predator, am readily HELPING my prey get smarter, sleeker, and better at their responses to what I do. What 'bully' ever said to his 'victim', "I want to see you...become like me"? Harsh teachers, sure, and potentially teachers undesired; but teachers, nevertheless.

The Security Council, right there in its motto, doesn't want that. They want everyone to sit quietly in their assigned chairs, and 'be good', lest they be sent to the principal's office.

...Here's to being good at it, instead.

-

Bankai Kurosaki
Lone Wolves United

[Image: lwu2wx8rero5.gif]

Lone Wolves United, the legendary crasher region that's been on the raiding scene since 2005, is back. Last year we were announcing victories against the Lazarus Liberation Army after talks with the People's Republic of Lazarus broke down following the unilateral cancellation of their treaty with us. Let me bring you up to speed. Long-time raider and covert instigator Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was sadly branded Delete-on-Sight by the game moderators due to infringements of the NationStates rules. LSD, one-time Khan of Lone Wolves United, recently held the positions of DIE Director and saKhan, and was a mastermind of many plots and schemes over the years which we cannot rightfully claim the credit for. LSD worked tirelessly to revive Lone Wolves United, from February until July 2014, amongst his many accomplishments as saKhan were a successful takeover of Hogwarts, a computerised raiding simulation for training recruits, and a thawing of tensions with the Unknown Empire of Incognita.

Tragedy struck in the last week of July, a dispute over the leadership of LWU led him to attempt to coup the organization using his control of the forum as leverage. Khan and Founder Evil Wolf didn't bow to this frankly treacherous and underhanded manoevre, citing that the organization could never be placed in the hands of a DoS player, and that LWU would never cave to such a threat even if it was destroyed in the process. The forums were deleted and remained an unspeakable mess until it was eventually tidied up by the remaining admins and quietly re-opened in February 2015.

Tabaqui as Raider Commander has been organizing military operations in the intervening time, progress has been painfully slow, with setbacks in ITALIA, Renegade Islands Alliance, and Portugal. Dissatisfied raiders in the organization, stirred up by ex-wolf he-who-must-not-be-named, instigated a mutiny against Tabaqui's de facto leadership on 23rd March 2015. This was fortunately quelled by the timely return of Evil Wolf who has been busy elsewhere.

In April, ex-wolf 94 Block offered some friendly advice on recruiting and the massive D.I.R.E. engine was turned on the Rejected Realms, yielding an inspiring total of 2 recruits. The newbies turned out to be pretty darn competent, as a practice raid resulted in five hits (Sons of Islam, A More Peaceful World, A State of Confidentiality, Krystallmacht and Former United States) on Saturday 18th April at the major, a most pleasing result considering tags are not our strong suit. More raids will be coming although we obviously can't tell you what to expect, you'll have to wait and see!

We wish all our friends and enemies warm regards and thank you for sticking with us through a long and frustrating slow spell. Particularly we want to shout out to Unknown for being a friend to us and seriously reforming, to the South Pacific for making Wolf so welcome over there, to The East Pacific for opening relations with us, to the LKE for diligently exchanging ambassadors and Glass Gallows just for being you. Actually I want to go further and thank the Rejected Realms for writing about us this year, even when we weren't doing anything!

On a personal note from Tabaqui, everybody who has no dealings with us who helped make operations happen and gave their support, you know who you are.
Niadh Tabaqui Dion Diablessa

Expatriate: Emigrated to Canada then forcibly relocated to The Rejected Realms
Secretary of the Department of Established External Relations of Lone Wolves United.

Is Our Lone Wolves Learning? LWU Takes the Fendas to School

[Image: tumblr_mexllzCwB81rzh4s2o1_250.gif]
Headmaster Evil Wolf institutes some changes in ES.

“I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate my perfect right.”

Whether or not the scholars agree, the deed is done. The Eternal Scholars found their studies disrupted by the 10th anniversary raid of the Lone Wolves United. Despite technical difficulties at Major update, neither defenders nor the incumbent Delegate took action in time to spare the orderly, if somewhat lethargic, Scholars from the invasion of wild, untamed Wolves.

DEN made a special appearance at the behest of Raid Commander Tabaqui when it seemed as if LWU numbers alone would not be sufficient to ensure success should the defenders fulfill their calling that night.

Alas, the region did not receive the aid it needed. A recent addition to the Scholars, Scribe Amenemope, took the fore at the following Minor update, supported initially by fellow Wolves also known as fellow historical icon Heraclitus, The Erstwhile Professor, and Elite Literati.

Reinforcements from friends in Europeia and The East Pacific as well as allies in The Land of Kings and Emperors and The Black Hawks have since gathered in the region, ostensibly to share in gathering up the wealth of knowledge surely present in the region.

The region has seen a rise in activity on the Regional Message Board from its inhabitants, whose interest has been repeatedly roused by the very lupine howls interrupting their regularly scheduled study regimen.

“It is the unknown that excites the ardor of scholars, who, in the known alone, would shrivel up with boredom.”

A Grave Problem?
“Irony is a clear consciousness of an eternal agility, of the infinitely abundant chaos.”
[Image: 43b6772cd7493f765b22b98c1efcfda5.jpg]
Nobody gave fendas the message that today was the last day of school.

In a display of prowess, the Lone Wolves United have now ended their occupation of Eternal Scholars.  After holding the region for five days, with no fendas looking for a proper education, the Lone Wolves encountered the hitherto-unanticipated opportunity to devise a devious exit plan.  

Having noticed fendas suddenly displaying interest in the intellectual arena, Scribe Amenemope changed the Welcome Telegram with an especial message for Raiderdom’s apathetic and lethargic antagonists. In the minutes before the update, while the fendas crammed for their final exams, Scribe Amenemope resigned from the World Assembly, rendering the considerable effort of the foe to overcome their numbers moot.

The Wolves congratulate the fendas on having raised so many endorsements for this operation. They also find it a shame that Atlantic and Land of the Dead were regions not worth the time and effort the fendas have devoted to the two recent raids conducted by LWU, one of which was successfully liberated by all standards.

The Eternal Scholars proved to be amenable hosts for the Wolves and their allies. The stay was informative in all the right ways.

With the occupation having reached a conclusion considerably less tedious than the intended simple exit at the start of update or an aspirant capture by the fendas, the Wolves may return to their den at last and plan for their next hunt.

[Image: tumblr_mx6rw9K1jP1rwcfrqo1_500.gif]
After 10 active updates of intense yet unrewarded digilent anticipation whilst hovering over the eject+ban feature, the Raider Wolf point relaxes.
Niadh Tabaqui Dion Diablessa

Expatriate: Emigrated to Canada then forcibly relocated to The Rejected Realms
Secretary of the Department of Established External Relations of Lone Wolves United.