We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint for Treason

Your Honor,

I hereby file a criminal complaint for treason against the individual known colloquially as Cormac, controlling similarly named nations such as Cormactopia Prime, Cormactopia IV, and SouthMac (all of which have been resident in the South Pacific at some point). As preliminary evidence, I submit a declaration of intent by the accused to overthrow the Coalition of the South Pacific within a year, which can be found linked here and quoted in part here:

Quote:Let me be very clear, Glen: It isn't Empire or Osiris that TSP has to fear. It's me. I mean to overthrow the Coalition of the South Pacific, and I absolutely won't stop until it is overthrown and you, along with your supporters and enablers, are purged from TSP. And unlike with Empire, you don't have a handy list of my associates to bar from your legislature. Consider this a declaration of war, not from Osiris but from me -- and that is much more dangerous than if Osiris were declaring war as a region. Soon TSP will wish it just had Empire to worry about. The Coalition will be gone by this time next year.

The Empire of the South Pacific has a nice ring to it. Or maybe the South Pacific Order. I'll have to think on it.

I thank you for your time.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

The Court requests that all parties, including the Prime Minister and Cormac, refrain from posting in this thread unless invited to do so. In the following hours, opportunity will be given for both parties to address the Court.

The Court further advises that any uninvited post, particularly one that upsets the order in the courtroom, will be immediately removed from view.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

[Image: wNC8JrQ.png]

Determination of Sufficient Evidence

Whereas Roavin has filed a criminal complaint against Cormac for the commission of treason against the Coalition of the South Pacific.

Whereas this Court has reviewed the evidence submitted by Roavin and considered whether it is sufficient to warrant a trial.

Whereas HCLQ1404 TSP's Jurisdiction indicates that users of the regional forum fall under the judicial jurisdiction of the Coalition.

It is resolved with respect to this Criminal Complaint as follows:
  1. It is publicly acknowledged.
  2. It is deemed to have sufficient preliminary evidence and is therefore admitted to trial.
  3. It shall be assigned the case number HCCC1701 and be referred to in full as 'Roavin v. Cormac'.
  4. In all matters related to this case, the Court will follow the process set out in the Court Procedures Act.
  5. A thread shall be opened by the Court for the conduction of Pre-Trial procedures.

Kris Kringle
Permanent Justice
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Does ... Cormac know what he's charged with?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Please be aware of the rules regarding posting rights in the Pre-Trial thread. Posting there is only allowed for the Prosecution and the Defence.

In compliance with the Court Procedures Act, both Roavin and Cormac have been notified through a private message of the admission of this case to trial, and advised on the next steps they should each follow.

Legal Resources: