We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[SPP] The Southern Progress Party - Platform and Applications (no longer active)

Please note: The Southern Progress Party is no longer active and not accepting members. This thread remains for historical interest only.

[Image: 7dVROFU.png][Image: f6NlMlz.png]

The Southern Progress Party (SPP) exists to be an alternative political party to the Alliance for the Preservation of the Coalition (APC) and the Island League (TIL), two current parties with broadly similar aims, but wildly different approaches.

APC currently has the majority of legislators as members, whereas TIL is a very small party of only a few members. Both parties claim to have the aim of building up newer players and preparing them for TSP politics, although APC seems the more overtly active in this area, mopping up newcomers to the forums very quickly. Neither seems to actively promote themselves or their aims and there is no obvious attempt to reach beyond the forums for members.

APC lacks a clear legislative agenda, but, owing to the proportion of the Assembly who are members, holds considerable sway in both votes and elections. The lack of a strong alternative group to join in such a situation is troubling.

TIL’s legislative agenda can be meticulous and progressive. Much of the time, however, it is reactionary in nature and heavily weighted against anything that might upset the status quo.

It is the opinion of this body that the South Pacific is badly in need of an alternative grouping to both APC and TIL, one that will reach out to players old and new alike, on the forums, on the RMB, through Dispatches and telegrams and on Discord, with a progressive platform that seeks to maintain TSP's historic democracy, whilst pushing for changes that will both expand the reach of the Assembly and regional politics in general, and encourage activity within the region at all levels. The SPP seeks to be this alternative.

We hope to achieve this by:
  • Welcoming new players wherever they are found;
  • Enticing older players from both the forums and the RMB with the possibility of progressive change;
  • Utilising the party’s collective talents and the mentoring of newer players by more experienced ones to build player skills in politics and legislation;
  • Using those skills regularly with bold legislation and political action.

We believe that:
  • No region is perfect and that even the best regions need continuous improvement, both for its own sake and as a source of activity for legislators;
  • For democracy to work, politicians must always be looking at new ways to expand and engage the electorate;
  • As a feeder region, the South Pacific has a responsibility to provide opportunities for players of all kinds to gain experience in those areas that interest them;
  • Our members are united in their desire to see the South Pacific grow ever more welcoming and engaging, not by a gameplay, nor a political ideology. The South Pacific contains many players of all ideologies and none (if that's possible) and they should all be granted the same opportunities and respect.

If you share these beliefs and want to join us in our quest for continuous regional improvement, please copy the application below into a reply and fill in your details. We'll get back to you as soon as possible!

You can also join us on our Discord server, even if you don't wish to join the party proper.
Code:
[b]TSP nation:[/b]
[b]Any other aliases:[/b]
[b]The reason for your interest:[/b]
[b]How long have you been part of NS and TSP?[/b]
[b]Would you consider mentoring a newer player?[/b] (Y/N)
[b]Which areas of Regional life most excite you?[/b]
[b]Preferred method of contact:[/b]
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Soooo...more RMB power, then?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

That's a possible route. Certainly finding ways to engage the RMB portion of the community more is likely to be important, but this isn't about a specific agenda, it's about finding ways to keep the TSP stone rolling and ensure people have lots to be involved in as we do.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

TSP nation: The South Pacific Legislator Roland
Any other aliases:
The reason for your interest: A leadership position.... I've wanted to get involved, big time in TSP.
How long have you been part of NS and TSP? 11 months NS, 4 TSP
Would you consider mentoring a newer player? (Y/N)
Which areas of Regional life most excite you? FA
Preferred method of contact: Forum Private Message
Signed,
[Image: tspsig.png]
Positions:
Legislator of The South Pacific
King of Machina, Defence Realm of Illuminati Alliance
Citizen of The East Pacific
Former Positions:
Overlord of Masterz
Seargant of HYDRA
Talon of Firehehlm
Munifiex of The Roman Empire
[Image: rv43j5bZ3p1Rs0A01odvThXy-TLzgwlhUTl_mY9E...66-h654-rw]

(09-14-2017, 04:34 PM)rolandarmstrong Wrote: TSP nation: The South Pacific Legislator Roland
Any other aliases:
The reason for your interest: A leadership position.... I've wanted to get involved, big time in TSP.
How long have you been part of NS and TSP? 11 months NS, 4 TSP
Would you consider mentoring a newer player? (Y/N)
Which areas of Regional life most excite you? FA
Preferred method of contact: Forum Private Message

Accepted, welcome to the SPP!

TSP nation: Aumeltopia
Any other aliases: Aumelodia, Somyrion
The reason for your interest: I'd heard about this party of course through the logo creation Tounge but really I like the platform, especially the point of not just limiting the party and government involvement in it to the forums. I don't feel like I've participated enough in TSP's politics and I think this is also a good way to get myself involved more.  Smile
How long have you been part of NS and TSP? NS since March 2016, TSP since April 2017
Would you consider mentoring a newer player? Yes, though not initially (especially if it's on TSP politics! :p)
Which areas of Regional life most excite you? Regional Affairs, mostly. Graphics, festivals, RMB (should get involved there more). I'd like to do a bit more in the Assembly than just voting on things, but I don't know how much time I have >.>
Preferred method of contact: Discord, @Somyrion#8047
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

(09-14-2017, 05:49 PM)Aumelodia Wrote: TSP nation: Aumeltopia
Any other aliases: Aumelodia, Somyrion
The reason for your interest: I'd heard about this party of course through the logo creation Tounge but really I like the platform, especially the point of not just limiting the party and government involvement in it to the forums. I don't feel like I've participated enough in TSP's politics and I think this is also a good way to get myself involved more.  Smile
How long have you been part of NS and TSP? NS since March 2016, TSP since April 2017
Would you consider mentoring a newer player? Yes, though not initially (especially if it's on TSP politics! :p)
Which areas of Regional life most excite you? Regional Affairs, mostly. Graphics, festivals, RMB (should get involved there more). I'd like to do a bit more in the Assembly than just voting on things, but I don't know how much time I have >.>
Preferred method of contact: Discord, @Somyrion#8047

Accepted!  (Which is nice, 'cos it felt kinda odd not have my logo-master actually in the party. Tounge)

TSP nation: Southern Bellz
Any other aliases: Of Crazed
The reason for your interest: I agree with the party platform and wish to contribute to its mission
How long have you been part of NS and TSP? Too long
Would you consider mentoring a newer player? Yes
Which areas of Regional life most excite you? The Assembly
Preferred method of contact: PM
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

Welcome to the party! Please join us on Discord! We'll process your application shortly.
Signed,
[Image: tspsig.png]
Positions:
Legislator of The South Pacific
King of Machina, Defence Realm of Illuminati Alliance
Citizen of The East Pacific
Former Positions:
Overlord of Masterz
Seargant of HYDRA
Talon of Firehehlm
Munifiex of The Roman Empire
[Image: rv43j5bZ3p1Rs0A01odvThXy-TLzgwlhUTl_mY9E...66-h654-rw]

As Roland has implied, your application has been successful. If you're able to join us on Discord you'll be just in time to help decide the party structure.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk