We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Elder Scrolls Series

All things Skyrim, ESO, and other games like them should be discussed here. My first question:
Which Elder Scrolls game is your favorite?

Well my time with Morrowind was limited so it's between Oblivion and Skyrim for me, so I'm probably not best qualified to answer that. I will say that I went and paid for Skyrim the day it came out, so I am a fan.
GG Sigillite
Stuff in Other Places

Skyrim was the first ES game I have played, so I don't have much to go on in terms of a "favorite", but I'm still hoping to have a chance to get a taste of the earlier games.

How many of you plan to play ESO?

I haven't actually looked that much into ESO. Though with the other games that I plan on playing I probably won't have much time for ESO.

Not played ESO, but then I don't play many MMO's, and those I do are free to play. That said, I did actually consider it Tounge
GG Sigillite
Stuff in Other Places

There's so much crap on ESO. I've looked over so many reviews and I've heard nothing good.
From what I heard it's not worth the money and basically is still in beta testing. There's a lot of things that need changing, lots of lag, everything in game is overpriced. I've also taken a look at the multi-player features and basically it's hard to anything with another person, and even with that, it's also hard to do something without someone. EX: Quests that need 2-4 people to complete. How are you going to do that when you logged in just you that night? It's tough to get anything done, probably isn't fun either.

The thing I might want to test out is the new areas to explore. I was hoping that you would be able to explore Elswyr, seeing that my main character is a Kajiit I would want to see 'my' origins. I'm not completely sure if you can explore it in ESO, I still havn't seen any videos or read any articles.

That's all i have to say on ESO, hope I was a help.

We can expect, based on the elimination of the six month subscription recently, to see ESO go free to play.

Context: Final Fantasy XI still has a six month subscription option and the game is over a decade old. It is unusual in a game so young to lose such a payment period.

(01-11-2015, 01:51 AM)Lord Ravenclaw Wrote: We can expect, based on the elimination of the six month subscription recently, to see ESO go free to play.

Context: Final Fantasy XI still has a six month subscription option and the game is over a decade old. It is unusual in a game so young to lose such a payment period.

Hopefully, I doubt anyone else is spending their money on it now any who. I mean, I can't be the only one to have read the ratings and whatnot.

I was involved in the Beta tests, I wasn't amused. Especially as it required 70gb of space.

I'm sorry, 70GB?

That alone would crush my last computer.

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!