We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Lazarus Coda

Dear South Pacificans,

after multiple discussions in the Cabinet, we're quietly ending our involvement in Lazarus. That doesn't mean we're supporting Funkadelia or recognizing his government — we're just stopping the aid we've given the resistance.

There are several reasons for this.
  • The resistance has been unable to draw support from the larger NS community, including being unable to combat the rhetoric that undermines the validity of their cause.
  • As a direct result of the previous point, TSP's standing amongst certain sections of GP has gone down the drain. The resistance was unable to properly articulate what support it actually has from various places, which made us, who as loyal allies declared ourselves strongly, a very easy strawman amongst Funkadelia-supporters and beyond.
  • Balder has now declared (for very despicable reasons) for Funkadelia and crew, making the endorsement gap too large.
  • A beautiful extensive liberation tactic had been crafted, which considered all contingencies and operated at the edge of knowledge of NS gameplay, by Frattastan and myself, reviewed and approved by Guy, Klopstock, Harmoneia, and Aumelodia. These are all big, big names in Gameplay. A win was guaranteed if a certain, very reasonable number of updaters (even untrained ones) were to be supplied. The resistance was not able to get that number, and at this point both the endorsement gap and the influence gathered by Funkadelia and crew is too large for this tactic to still be viable.
  • There are negotiations happening now.

Our aid had been reduced recently anyway, so this isn't us just outright dropping the government-in-exile like a hot potato. We have fulfilled our end of the treaty beyond what's reasonable, and proven to the community at large that we are anything but a fair-weather ally.

I urge my fellow South Pacificans to keep this quiet for the moment. The resistance is negotiating with the other side, and we don't know yet if they will want to keep our withdrawal quiet (so as to come from a position of strength) or to use our withdrawal to give them a neutral stance to work from without the baggage that has been attached to TSP by conspiracy theorists. We are hoping for a positive resolution to the negotiations either way. In the coming weeks, the situation as a whole should reach some sort of closure, at which point we can then also consider what to do with the still-extant treaty.

As always, I'm here for your questions (and I have the feeling that in this case, you'll actually have a bunch of them).

-- Prime Minister Roavin
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I'm very disappointed in the cabinet. Their inability to recognise that this isn't over is frustrating. With that in mind, I ask this - Are we still allowed to help with the Liberation? Also, this is basically bowing down to Balder, a disgusting method of pulling out. How was this choice reached?
Signed,
[Image: tspsig.png]
Positions:
Legislator of The South Pacific
King of Machina, Defence Realm of Illuminati Alliance
Citizen of The East Pacific
Former Positions:
Overlord of Masterz
Seargant of HYDRA
Talon of Firehehlm
Munifiex of The Roman Empire
[Image: rv43j5bZ3p1Rs0A01odvThXy-TLzgwlhUTl_mY9E...66-h654-rw]

Same. Dissapointing
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Very. We obviously haven't been wise in our choice of cabinet persons. . . While I support Roavin and the team on most everything, this is absolutely disgusting.
Signed,
Positions:
Former Positions:
Overlord of Masterz
Seargant of HYDRA
Talon of Firehehlm

(09-18-2017, 09:17 PM)rolandarmstrong Wrote: I'm very disappointed in the cabinet. Their inability to recognise that this isn't over is frustrating. With that in mind, I ask this - Are we still allowed to help with the Liberation?

We fully realize that the resistance continues to exist, and we're not disavowing them or anything. All we are doing is saying that we're stopping the aid.

Now, of course, if an actual serious liberation attempt were to come up, we'd be the last to say no. In fact, I said so explicitly when I informed the resistance that we'll of course be on board if that were to come up (my exact words were "If things somehow turn around that a liberation is actually possible, then you know how to reach me").

That reassurance helps a lot, thanks.
Signed,
Positions:
Former Positions:
Overlord of Masterz
Seargant of HYDRA
Talon of Firehehlm

We entered this fight for our treatied allies, and now we are respecting their rights to negotiate rather than get headlocked in a battle that drags on.

Unfortunately, Balder has chosen to aid coupers - reminding us why our relations with them ended in the first place because they do not value democracy. 

Finally, I'd like to take a minute to appreciate the time and effort and hard work put in by the cabinet to help our allies. So far in these last few months of turmoil, we've proven to be honorable and regardless of the outcome we gave our best.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Nothing will demean the amount of work we've put in or the hours of efforts I personally spent every day trying to win this war, and I've not been the only SPSF member putting in the hours and strategic planning for the past two months. The entire team was. It's just some hard facts must be faced now. 

~SPSF Queen

Wait, we're doing negotiation?
Signed,
Positions:
Former Positions:
Overlord of Masterz
Seargant of HYDRA
Talon of Firehehlm

(09-18-2017, 09:17 PM)rolandarmstrong Wrote: Also, this is basically bowing down to Balder, a disgusting method of pulling out. How was this choice reached?

You edited this part in as I was already replying >_<

It's not bowing down to Balder at all, it's realizing that the situation can't be helped with our involvement right now, and we need to look at ourselves. Of course, if that changes, then so will our stance change. On Balder specifically, I can't express my disgust for Balder's objective enough. Balder is supporting Funkadelia for purposes of ideological genocide within Lazarus (no lie). But that doesn't change the fact that we can't do anything right now.

The decision has been coming for a while. The final discussion occured in the Cabinet between MoFA Escade, MoMA Yuno, Special Advisor Tsunamy, and myself; we all agreed that this was the correct course of action at this time.