We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Turns Out I Missed My NS Birthday....

Well turns out September 6th is my NS birthday but I was doing band (yay band!) so here's the mandatory post about everything NS has meant to me etc.

First and foremost this last year has been... one to remember, from my 'debut' in GP to resigning from CoA there are so many things I could mention that would make it seem like I am active in this community or that I am important. But I don't want to do that. I'm going to talk about what NS taught me over the last few years

1. When you mess up, and you're called out for it, don't fight it, accept it and try to fix it. 
Man is this a big one. I mean the CoA stuff is what taught me this and looking back, despite how much I messed up, the proudest moment of that whole term was when I resigned. Here's why, trying to fight a recall would have only led to a battle that would have served to divide people when those who were looking for a recall were right, I had messed up big time. And when you can accept criticism and seek to do what is best for those around you as opposed to yourself that is, in my opinion, part of what has helped me be successful here and in RL.

2. Stand for your values
As some of you know, I am a Judge in the CU Lazarus region. and this year has tested my values on that court. I was faced with a case that would have, had I ruled with the majority LWU justices, made our elections all legal when they definitely weren't. So I slept on the issue and knew what I had to do. I recused myself (becue that would force the courts to stall) in a move that has been called cowardly and that I was simply a puppet. And I wasn't called these things by people who I didn't know, it was by people I trusted and who had helped me to get to where I was. But the thing that kept me strong was that I did the right thing in my mind and I have no regrets about what I did because it was the right thing to do. And doing the right thing has kept me from regretting much in this game.

3. Be nice
People like to get power. People in this game like to get power through whatever means possible. People will put you in power if you are nice to them. Goes for RL too. 

Okay, in all honesty, thank you to everyone who has advised me, supported me and helped to give me hope that I have a future in this game. I thank you all for the work you put into TSP and NS as a whole and if you are new here I have one thing to tell you: don't be afraid to reach out. Many older players love to help the new players avoid the mistakes they made and I know I would be happy to help (if I'm an older player yet). Thanks for reading this guys and I'll be back to normal activity on November 11th.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Happy birthday! Here's to another year of success for you. Smile
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Congrats on the year and the accomplishments! Smile
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

Happy belated NS birthday Smile  Heart

Have high hopes for you in TSP!

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Will 2018 be the year we finally see Omega in the Cabinet? Time will tell. Best of luck to you in your next year of NS!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Meh. I'm following the trend. Happy delayed birthday. I brought you a $1000 Black Forest cake made with Cocoa from Ghana, Lingonberry Jam from Sweden, Candied fruit from Switzerland, Dutch Milk, French Vanilla and 23 karat edible gold, a crystal set of silverwareyou can keep and a glass of bubbly "Taste of Diamonds" Champagne.

BTW, what is your career here ? Bet it's impressive if all th top brass liked your first post in this subtopic

Mostly, we just like Omega.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(10-17-2017, 09:35 AM)Malayan Singapura Wrote: BTW, what is your career here ? Bet it's impressive if all th top brass liked your first post in this subtopic

Basically I started the APC and I started SPN which hasn't been active lately but it will be soon. I was also Chair of the Assembly back in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Well…Kudos to you !

Happy belated NS birthday, now go coup someplace exciting  Tounge

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!