We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legislative Committee - Initial roster

See here - presumably this will go to vote soon, and when it passes we will be tasked with selecting the first three members of the committee.

My suggestion is as follows:
  • As soon as the bill goes to vote, we create a thread inviting legislators to nominate other legislators for the position and state precisely why they think their nominee would do well in that role.
  • We will interview the nominees with a catalog of questions - some general questions, some specific to the nominee.
  • We will ask the CRS to sign off on nominees (since they will be getting IP access). That is, if the CRS nope's somebody, we won't consider them.
  • We then pick the best three candidates and present them to the assembly.

Thoughts?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Sounds good to me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Okies.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Cool cool. Let's start considering interview questions, then. I've asked the CRS to come up with questions too.

Questions?

1. How would you proceed with a security check on a prospective citizen?
2. What makes for a "bad faith" application? How would you explain it?
3. In terms of the larger NSGP landscape - are there any concerns we might have about applicants based on history and current events?

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

The noms we received:
  • Roavin
  • Sam111 and/or another CRS member
  • Escade
  • Tsunamy
  • Griff

That's .... not as much as I had hoped for. We may want to trudge through the list of legislators manually and find people to reach out to.

Sorry, I lost track of this thread and topics:

Nominations could include:
Kris
Penguin

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

That works. I'll add those to the list. I can't think of others to add.

'k, let's gather questions. This is what I'm thinking initially:
  • Do you have previous experience with IP and/or email checks?
  • Please give a self-assessment of GP familiarity.
  • What maximum response time are you willing to pledge in non-LoA situations (24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, more than 72 hours)
  • Beyond the legally required information in the Legislator Committee Act, what information do you feel should be included with the legislator application? What information do you feel should be, or may be, inquired from the applicant on demand via either public or private dialogue?
  • Do you feel that the committee should continue to track IP and/or email information throughout a member's legislatorship?
  • Assuming that no CRS members are members of the committee, how do you think the coordination between the CRS and the Committee should be done?

Once we finalize the questions, I'll slap them in a google form and send them to the peeps.

(12-13-2017, 12:47 AM)Roavin Wrote: That works. I'll add those to the list. I can't think of others to add.

'k, let's gather questions. This is what I'm thinking initially:
  • Do you have previous experience with IP and/or email checks?
  • Please give a self-assessment of GP familiarity.
  • What maximum response time are you willing to pledge in non-LoA situations (24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, more than 72 hours)
  • Beyond the legally required information in the Legislator Committee Act, what information do you feel should be included with the legislator application? What information do you feel should be, or may be, inquired from the applicant on demand via either public or private dialogue?
  • Do you feel that the committee should continue to track IP and/or email information throughout a member's legislatorship?
  • Assuming that no CRS members are members of the committee, how do you think the coordination between the CRS and the Committee should be done?

Once we finalize the questions, I'll slap them in a google form and send them to the peeps.
These look pretty good to me, but I don't feel qualified to suggest more.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Here's the form: https://goo.gl/forms/3xsPvaKWaYWTIu5k1

I'm sending it to the peeps to fill out (including myself <_<).