We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2017 Advent Calendar - Day 10

Yesterday we tested your knowledge of Christmas Carols, so today we want to know which Christmas carols you like the most.  Whether you're religious or not, if you've grown up with Christmas, then chances are you have some experience of carols and there are probably one or two which just SCREAM Christmas at you every time you hear them.  We want to know what those are!

So, tell us which ones really get you every year, preferably with a link to a youtube video so we can all enjoy them together.  Even better, sing one yourself and share a recording!

Here are some of mine:

God Rest you Merry, Gentlemen (as sung by Annie Lennox)

Hark, the Herald Angels Sing

It Came upon the Midnight Clear

In the Bleak Midwinter (the Harold Darke arrangement)

I guess I should give thanks to the choir of King's College, Cambridge, eh?

And, one I've sung myself - O, Little Town of Bethlehem, but with a different melody than usual.

I can't wait to hear your favourites!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

I'm not sure any of these count as "carols" per se ... but they would if I organized carolling.

Bianca Ryan's "Why Couldn't it be Christmas everyday?"

Kelly Clarkson's "Underneath the Tree"

And, of course, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas if You"

-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Heh, I was going to do Christmas songs on a different day. [emoji14]

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby

Legislator | Local Councilor | Aspiring TSP Curmudgeon
Messages archived by the Ministry Of the Regal Executive - Bureaucratic Services

"O Holy Night".