We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[NOTICE] Law Correction

I'm going to be using the Chair's discretionary powers to make some laws clearer and more correct. If you object to any of these changes, let me know in the next three days or they will be put in place.

Criminal Code
Quote:1. Crimes

(1) Treason shall be defined as plotting against the Coalition, seeking to lower the delegate's endorsement count without his or her consent, breaking the endorsement cap after receiving an official warning, aiding any entity in which the Coalition is taking defensive action against, or any entity in against which a state of war exists with.

Quote:3. Parole

(6) Changes to the parole system shall not affect the current status of parolees. A, although any new procedure shall be followed hereafter.
Quote:4. Prohibited Regions and Organizations

(8) Regions at war with The South Pacific or with which The South Pacific is at war shall be automatically considered Prohibited Groups.
a. The Assembly may further designate Prohibited Groups via a vote with a 60% majority in favor, should the Cabinet or the CSR CRS request such a designation.

Legislative Procedure Act

Quote:1. Legislative Rules

(1) Any legislator may propose a bill, resolution, or appointment, which will be debated and refined collectively in the assembly under the guidance of the Chair.

(2) To be brought to a vote, a specific draft of a bill, resolution, or appointment must
a. receive a motion to vote by a legislator,
b. receive a second by another legislator,
c. be either affirmed to be in proper formatting by the Chair, and
d. have been at debate for a minimum period of time equivalent to the length of its voting period.

Elections Act

Quote:Elections Act
An act establishing elections for office

Border Control Act
Quote:II. Powers of the Council on Regional Security

1. The Council on Regional Security may order a border control action when they determine that a nation is contributing to a probable imminent threat of the World Assembly Delegate position being seized by nation other than the legal holder of that position, for up to a week or the time necessary for that nation's influence in the South Pacific to decay to the level of a low influence nation, whichever is longer.

2. The Council on Regional Security may order a border control action lasting up to 24 hours against a nation that continuously and defiantly violates the endorsement cap for up to 24 hours.
Finishing with probably the most subjective one - this appears to me to be a syntactical error leading to ambiguous meaning. (It seems to suggest a nation violating endo cap for more than 24 hours can't be banned, which is odd.)

The Border Control Act will also be edited to conform to the Law Standards Act.

They all look good to me. Great work!
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

no objections here

Legislator | Local Councilor | Aspiring TSP Curmudgeon
Messages archived by the Ministry Of the Regal Executive - Bureaucratic Services

No objections
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

No objections, all look good to me
It's casual- Sharikan
The Gameplayer also known as Kangly/Kang/Kangles

I'm a bit iffy on the change in II ii of the BCA. The original phrasing is far from ideal, but the change almost makes it seem like the border control action order can only last for 24 hours. Perhaps a broader rephrasing is in order?

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!

(12-21-2017, 07:45 PM)Drall Wrote: I'm a bit iffy on the change in II ii of the BCA. The original phrasing is far from ideal, but the change almost makes it seem like the border control action order can only last for 24 hours. Perhaps a broader rephrasing is in order?

That's actually what I read the original as meaning - banning for a period of 24 hours is long enough to get rid of all the endorsements. What do you read "up to 24 hours" as referring to?

I wrote that part of the BCA. The intent was that the ban would last up to 24 hours - 12 hours are needed to clear endorsements, 24 hours are granted for organizational convenience.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

(12-21-2017, 08:03 PM)nakari Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 07:45 PM)Drall Wrote: I'm a bit iffy on the change in II ii of the BCA. The original phrasing is far from ideal, but the change almost makes it seem like the border control action order can only last for 24 hours. Perhaps a broader rephrasing is in order?

That's actually what I read the original as meaning - banning for a period of 24 hours is long enough to get rid of all the endorsements. What do you read "up to 24 hours" as referring to?

(12-21-2017, 09:11 PM)Roavin Wrote: I wrote that part of the BCA. The intent was that the ban would last up to 24 hours - 12 hours are needed to clear endorsements, 24 hours are granted for organizational convenience.

Huh. I read the original as meaning there was only a 24 hour time window to order a ban...which is, admittedly, quite odd. Seems like you've clarified it perfectly then  Tounge

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!

It's been 3 days with no objections, so the laws are about to be amended. Speak now or forever hold your peace Tounge

ETA: too late now!