We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Admission of Pencil Sharpeners 2 to the Council on Regional Security

Recommendation on the Admission of Pencil Sharpeners 2 to the Council on Regional Security

On 08 December 2017, Pencil Sharpeners 2 requested admission to the Council on Regional Security, by means of the mechanism set out in Article IX of the Charter. In compliance with its legal mandate, the Council conducted an inquiry to ascertain the qualifications and adequacy of Pencil Sharpeners 2 for the position.

Pencil Sharpeners 2 has served two full terms as a Local Councillor. In that position he led significant efforts to involve the gameside community in regional life, having an instrumental role in the publication of informative dispatches and the reform of laws related to the election and business of the Local Council. In addition, he worked closely with the offsite community for the passage of the current Charter, displaying a willingness and an ability to engage constructively with both communities in their own terms, and further displaying a keen understanding of the priorities and needs in both.

While our inquiry revealed that Pencil Sharpeners 2 lacks, to a certain point, a strong foreign and security policy background, as compared to certain current members, it is the belief of the Council that his existing knowledge is sufficiently adequate to participate in the business of this institution. In addition, we further believe that the background of Pencil Sharpeners 2 in community outreach, member engagement and communications will be key assets, as the Council seeks to build a strong, constructive and productive relationship with the gameside community. In this sense, it is our hope that, in addition to assisting in standard security business, Pencil Sharpeners 2 will help the Council incorporate the views and priorities of a fundamental side of the region.

In view of the fact that Pencil Sharpeners 2 has 210 endorsements and a Soft Power Disbursement Rating of 78 617, thereby meeting the requirements set out in Article IX of the Charter, and further considering all the arguments explained above, the Council on Regional Security recommends that the Assembly vote in favour of the admission of Pencil Sharpeners 2 to the same, so he may sit as a full member, with all the duties and privileges thereof.

The Council on Regional Security
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I applaud the CRS' recommendation. I could expound upon why I think PS2 is an excellent choice, but that's probably obvious, so let me address another point: With this appointment, we finally cash in on a long-time promise to the game-side that they, too, can be involved in regional security without having to be part of the forum-side government.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

My only question here is for PS2 himself, if he is able to reply here.

You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

PS2 isn't a legislator and this is the private hall, so no, he can't see this.

Would the CRS fully able to function effectively even without PS2 being on the forums, or would he eventually need to be on them?
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

(01-05-2018, 09:36 AM)Griffindor13 Wrote: Would the CRS fully able to function effectively even without PS2 being on the forums, or would he eventually need to be on them?

PS2 does have a forum account, he just isn't a Legislator.

I’ve moved this to the public forum so that PS2 May respond to questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(01-05-2018, 03:44 AM)Tim Wrote: My only question here is for PS2 himself, if he is able to reply here.

You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

I have never drunk Bailey's from any vessel, nor have I ever drunk anything from a shoe.
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.

Why aren't you a legislator?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(01-05-2018, 08:37 PM)Escade Wrote: Why aren't you a legislator?

I have little interest in the Assembly or running for any positions which require Legislator status, so there isn't really any point for me. Maintaining the activity requirement would just be a chore, albeit not a difficult one, but I see no point in giving myself an extra task when I don't need to.
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.