We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Lampshade Awards

Omega reached out to me:

Code:
[10:11 PM] Omega: The Lampshade Awards are the annual TSP version of the GP awards run by the MoRA. The lifetime achievement award is an opportunity for the cabinet to give an award to someone who has contributed much to the region in their time here and would be an opportunity to give them special recognition.(edited)
[10:15 PM] Omega: Specifically in the realm of politics but not exclusively
[10:15 PM] Roavin: Who's won it before?
[10:19 PM] Omega: I think Tsu got it last year (first year)
[10:19 PM] Roavin: When do you need an answer by?
[10:20 PM] Omega: Not till late January when the festival would in theory end and awards would be announced
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Now, we briefly discussed this on Discord and the idea of DM was floated. I asked DM for a quick bio, and asked Tsu for some info on what makes DM a great TSPer. I'm still waiting on the latter, but I did get the former:

Quote: I joined NS sometime in 2005 I think. I was a young kid looking for some sort of government simulation game to play, as my grandpa got a new computer.
Much of the early days were spent messing around, as a young naïve new nation. I don’t recall any of my early nation names, as I was an on again off again player. My first real start was in the region Trav Khar, where I really started to get into the game. I spent much time here making friends and learning about military in NS. We peaked at about 80 Nations, with much of our success centered around a few keys members. Most notably, I became the longest serving Delegate of Warzone Australia. This record was later broken by TSP’s own Antariel, which leads me to my TSP story.
After taking the title as longest serving delegate of WZ Australia, things kind of went stagnant. Holding a Warzone is a long-term commitment that was running out fast. It was time for a new beginning, so joined TSP as a member of the NSA (formerly SPA) during their Warzone Australia operation. Starting as just an entry level recruit with the SPA, I rose through the ranks to Minister of Justice for two separate terms, followed by Minister of the Army. I led the military through it’s revival and rebranding as the NSA. I believe then we went through the Milograd coup, where we fought long and hard to bring TSP back into the hands of the Coalition.
Somewhere in there I was admitted to the CSS, which I served for a while. I also held other positions within many ministries, and I also had a brief hiatus right before the Hileville coup. I fought once again for the coalition, and ended up as Vice Delegate before the GC. I served as Prime Minister for three terms equaling one year, before my current tenure as Delegate.

I 100% think that DM is a deserving individual for this award personally. As his time in TSP political life has waned, it makes sense to honor him in this regard
It's casual- Sharikan
The Gameplayer also known as Kangly/Kang/Kangles

Totes up for DM and within and outside of the game he is an stand up guy!

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Tim also said aye on Discord, and I'll go with DM as well. I've informed Omega.