We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Remove Situation Room

Here in the Cabinet forum, we have the split between the regular Cabinet Office as well as the Situation Room. That stems from a time when ministries almost always had 1 or more deputies, which would be invited to see the Cabinet Office but not the Situation room (and indeed, deputies were given charter-granted rights to observe, but not vote on, Cabinet proceedings).

That is a bit different nowadays. We tend to not have deputies, but rather the ministries form teams. The cabinet is just the ministers, with MoFA/MoRA/MoMA being the interfaces between Cabinet proper and the FA Team/Advisory Council/General Corps.

I'd propose that we ask the forum admins to remove the Situation Room and only have this Cabinet Office. Thoughts?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

To the extent that my opinion matters now I'm not actually in the Cabinet, I'm in favour.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Just to toss this out there; I don't have access to the Situation Room and do have access here.

That's not intended to inform decisions either way, but as a practical statement so masking are correct when you all decide this.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(01-22-2018, 11:27 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Just to toss this out there; I don't have access to the Situation Room and do have access here.

That's not intended to inform decisions either way, but as a practical statement so masking are correct when you all decide this.

That's just because you haven't entered the password (pinned in the Discord Cabinet Office) Tounge

(01-22-2018, 11:38 AM)Roavin Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 11:27 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Just to toss this out there; I don't have access to the Situation Room and do have access here.

That's just because you haven't entered the password (pinned in the Discord Cabinet Office) Tounge

Ah! I just always assumed I was invited there Tounge
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I support getting rid of it
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

I've asked admin.