We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resignation

Hello, 

This is my resignation notice from the Alliance for the Preservation of the Coalition (APC) political party. While I have enjoyed being a member of the party and helping rewrite the charter to be more nuanced and focused I have felt that there has been a lack of cohesion within the party membership and party goals.  

The APC began as a party founded to resist coups and to preserve TSP. That was a noble goal. However, beyond that it is not always clear what the party’s goal are and in fact it often seems membership is at odds with one another about the focus of the party.  One thing I have felt is that some members have joined the party to simply get endorsements and their political goals are not in alignment with or even fully known to the party. 

There are some good things about the APC in that it welcomes new members and gives them a glimpse of the legislative process. However, I would like to be a member of a party where there is more alignment in goals and purpose and clarity. 

This is not to say that I’ve given up on political parties. I will be joining the Southern Progress Party because I believe in the aims to bridge the forum and gameside divide and to encourage activity and enjoyment from a wider cross of membership in TSP.  Finally, I believe that my own political views and goals, which are well-known, are to be met with more cohesive membership.

If you have any questions or thoughts, please let me know. I have enjoyed working with some fellow members.

Best,
Escade

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

It has been an honor to have you in this party! You gave this party legitimacy when it was young, and we thank you for that! I wish you luck in all of your future endeavors and hope that we can work together on an inter party basis. Best wishes!
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17