We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Administrative Ban of Sam

Fellow South Pacificans,

Apart from our usual game-related business here in The South Pacific, there are sometimes decisions to be made that are hard but necessary as they impact the safety not of our region in the NationStates sphere, but of the real-life players involved in it. This is one of those situations.

After an administrative ban in Europeia, the forum administration and Discord administration teams have come together to evaluate a myriad of evidence regarding a situation between Sam and another player. This evidence included the evidence initially gathered by Europeia, a detailed statement by Sam himself, as well as TSP-specific evidence including interactions with other regional members. The evidence gathered was damning, and our conclusion was the same as Europeia's.

We hereby announce that Sam111/SJS Republic is banned from The South Pacific and all associated in-game and off-site platforms for at least one year.

- The Forum Administration Team
- The Discord Administration Team

Thank you to the administrative teams for preserving our community's safety.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

Sucks that this boy who's been in TSP in many years would do such a thing
Rare to see a TSP Guardian being banned but it has to be done, I see the reasons and logic. Safety first and bad RL actions towards NSers cannot go unpunished.
One year+ is OK.

A praise to our Administration Team is in order. I thank you
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Rough to hear what happened, and that it was someone who was not just liked in TSP, but across NS as a whole.

Thank you to the admin team for making such a tough decision.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Thank you for protecting the community.
Brihimia,
also known as Sebastian Mountbatten or Transdavisia.

Seems like there have been a lot of these lately... good job admin team on getting out what couldn't have been an easy decision

Its regrettable that a member of the CRS would engage in the behavior written in the Europeia ban. Thank you admin team for making the tough decision and protecting the community.

This saddens me immensely. As I know only half of the story and am not in any position to judge, I refuse to do so and whilst I trust the judgement of our adminstration teams and believe they have only the best interests of our members in mind, and whilst I recognise that it is a difficult decision to have to make - and I do want to thank them for the role they play that puts them in such a position, I cannot leap on the bandwagon of praise in this situation, nor do I think it is appropriate so to do. Banning any longstanding member is a sad occasion, whatever the circumstances, and this one upsets me deeply.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(02-08-2018, 04:04 AM)Seraph Wrote: I cannot leap on the bandwagon of praise in this situation, nor do I think it is appropriate so to do. Banning any longstanding member is a sad occasion, whatever the circumstances, and this one upsets me deeply.

I don't believe praising the administrative team for being able to ensure the community's safety implies that we're not sad that we have to remove a longtime member. That's always painful, but in times like these I think there can be absolutely no question that it was a matter of community safety.

Hell, I would argue that the OOC bans for people you thought were cool are the very hardest, because you wouldn't expect such depraved and fucked up actions from them. Administrative Bans are never pleasant occasions, but they've got to be done.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"