We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Term Goals, February 2018 Term

As the title says.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Right, let's get to gettin'. 

FA Plan:

- we're in the final stages of drafting a treaty with the New Pacific Order, and hope to be able to present that to the Assembly in the coming weeks.

- Escade and I have started initial forrays into a TEP/TRR/TSP festival to celebrate the treaty

- I'm gonna go hunt for more embassies to open, bc rn we're full on ambassadors and I want spots for more

- maybe gonna start like a chill thread in FA Ministry asking people who they think we should vibe with as part of that new embassy hunt

- I'm gonna finally get around to getting our in-game embassies in order, cutting all of the ones we don't have formal relations with anymore (not counting our associated satellites), and looking into opening up in-games with the people we do have formal relations with.

- 10000 Islands and us are flirting with the idea of a treaty, but we intend to keep that completely backburner until we secure the NPO treaty and see how things go after that

- we're gonna keep being cool, calm, and collected around the dickbags that try to fuck with us, because we know that we're better than them and they're just jealous thots who wish they had our activity

- your boy's gonna post monthly debriefs here about what FA has been doing. These will be in as tl;dr of a form as possible without missing necessary content, because I think the proposed Sunshine Act is stupid. Straight up logs are not being posted unless someone else wants to waste the time sifting through them, because I'm not going to do pointless busy work like that. I will also only be considering #mofa-hq in the server to be needed for disclosure.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

Thank you, Tim. One thing to note, however:

(02-18-2018, 03:22 PM)Tim Wrote: - your boy's gonna post monthly debriefs here about what FA has been doing. These will be in as tl;dr of a form as possible without missing necessary content, because I think the proposed Sunshine Act is stupid. Straight up logs are not being posted unless someone else wants to waste the time sifting through them, because I'm not going to do pointless busy work like that. I will also only be considering #mofa-hq in the server to be needed for disclosure.

The proposed Sunshine act deliberately doesn't require straight up logs because that would be stupid. Appropriate summaries are sufficient, but that involves everything, not just #mofa-hq. Besides, FA actually has its own hidden forum. Not all of what happens on the MoFA Discord is Cabinet relevant, but the gist is relevant for current and future FA Team, posterity, transparency, etc.

(02-18-2018, 03:28 PM)Roavin Wrote: Appropriate summaries are sufficient, but that involves everything, not just #mofa-hq

As I said in the #cabinet-office, I have no plans to release summaries of every Embassy Channel we have on that server. If it is mandated that I have to do so, I will be taking those discussions off-server and outside of Sunshine's jurisdiction. I would rather suffer a small drawback in communications than violating diplomatic confidentiality and tarnishing our reputation with our allies due to an act that I frankly consider to be pointless.

Anything relevant from those Embassy Channels (i.e end results) is already going to be disclosed through general summations of the Ministry's actions. If there is an expectation to provide summaries of all of the other things which happen in those channels, please let me know now so I can move them outside of Sunshine jurisdiction before this pointless law passes.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

Escade posted hers publicly for discussion here

Somy has a planning document here, though the gist is basically
  • Reorganize SPSF server
  • Create SPSF Reserve (piler force)
  • Create SPSF Trident Legion (propaganda etc.)
  • Do an op every weekend
  • Ribbons and other motivational things
  • Recruit more via TG

And my items:
  • The regional Calendar
  • A log of interactions with allies (will be useful to ourselves and future cabinets as reference)
  • Work with Ministers to champion the January Accords, both culturally and militarily
  • Generally, let's see if we can be a better ally to TEP than TWP is. Wink