We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Idea for Discussion] Mayor of Treasure Island

Hi Smile

In thinking of ways to connect our various communities and particularly roleplay, I wanted to propose an idea. As MoRA, I would love to highlight the wonderful things done in roleplay but like many who aren't roleplaying am sometimes a bit lost.  

My thoughts were that the roleplay community could elect a Mayor who would help regulate or manage roleplay internally but also communicate with the government as well as citizens about the cool things happening and maybe invite more people to join in.

My first thought was that this be an elected position because that would create some hype and interest in the community and maybe help highlight it to the larger TSP community. However, because the community is small, maybe you'd like to hold an internal election or appoint your own representative?

The duties of the Mayor would be to oversee and manage Treasure Island, including setting guidelines for roleplays, creating guides, as well as promoting the roleplay community and potentially making connections to the NS roleplay community.  

What do you think?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

No god no, thats a horrible idea.
John Hills- President of Ausstan

Just kidding. Seems cool. I'd be happy with the rp having a bit more structure.
John Hills- President of Ausstan

I have some doubts about this idea. I only speak for myself when I say this, but I do not believe its necessary to create a mayor's position and "regulate" the role play.  This thread, (http://tspforums.xyz/thread-3673.html) essentially handles the guidelines, guides, and lays out the standards of roleplay in the rp forums. Sure it needs to be updated, because some of our more experienced role players bowed out like Cathalea and Zak, but there are others who are more than willing to step up to help answer questions regarding Roleplay.

Okay, I guess one follow up question I have is in trying to promote RP and really highlight it is who are the people who would be willing to provide advice or information to like me for example? 

I'd love to help promote our RP community and also add to it but sometimes feel a little lost because I don't know a lot about RP.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

You could talk to talented Roleplayers like Gi-Land, Myself, Omega, Qvait, Qwert, Ryccia, Seraph, and VPRB. (Roleplayers are listed in alphabetical order)

On the Discord forum, Roleplay discussion, Qwert, Seraph, Ryccia, Gi-Land, and Myself (on some occasions) tend to respond and try to help. Ryccia has been trying to drum up support within the roleplay community for the global games.

I also try to be active in discord to help people with the economic aspects of their nations and I'm always willing to help out. Promoting this community doesn't require some mayor position, it just requires us to help the new players figure out how to get started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I hereby proclaim myself mayor
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

How about no
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • GI-Land

(06-20-2018, 08:49 AM)Hammerstar Wrote: I hereby proclaim myself mayor

You can't do that... Can you? haha
Everyone should sprinkle in some awesome probiotics for gut health for overall health.