We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Independent South Pacificans (ISP)

[Image: IE1Erwz.png]

Independent South Pacificans (ISP) is a civic organization that aims to develop and nourish the South Pacific through a vibrant, active, and engaged citizenry. To do this the members of the organization will engage with the following principles:

Accountability and Transparency
1. Hold elected officials to their campaign platforms and expect regular monthly updates on progress on these goals
2. Bring back Q&A sessions that give TSPers the ability to talk to their elected officials and ask questions about progress
3. During election campaigns, ask candidates (especially those running with cliques behind them) tough questions about their experience and platforms, and make informed choices
4. Provide support to people interested in positions through honest and transparent feedback

Mentorship and Opportunities
1. Provide opportunities for new and returning players to build and gain experience to show they are ready for leadership positions
2. Diminish the concentration of power in a few hands by actively giving players who rise to the challenge support

Encourage Healthy Debate and Discussion
1. Support a culture of healthy and vigorous debate and discussion that allows players to feel comfortable questioning and challenging the status quo

~

How do I plan to put these principles into practice? 

As founder, I have been honored by the people of TSP who have elected me as Delegate, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Military Affairs. Having seen the inner workings of these ministries I can help those with a can-do attitude to take on opportunities in government that interest them.  At the very least I can provide (as I have for many TSPers) advice and information on the pathways I took and their campaigns. I’ll be honest which is what I would want for myself  >Smile

In the Ministry of Regional Affairs Discord, I have already started a projects board that gives anyone who is willing and capable the chance to build the South Pacific in a meaningful way. I also plan to track this closely so that, we know what is done and by whom as well as what we learned from the project for future projects. It’s okay to try something and not do well. That’s happened to me so many times, I’ve lost count. It’s not okay to not do anything and\or hinder the success of others. It’s also really important to reflect on what went well and what could go better so that you can pass that onto the next generation.

What do I want from members? 

First, have a nation in TSP and express your interest to join in this thread or via Discord DM or TG\PM.  Let me know what you’re looking for (to be a mentor or guide, to get help on campaign platforms, to get experience in a ministry or how you want to contribute or get help).

Next, I encourage members to utilize the TSP main Discord, the MoRA Discord, The Lampshade Academy Discord, and various affiliated venues to put our principles into practice.

I also suggest that if you want to contribute to TSP but don’t know where to start, join join the Ministry of Regional Affairs Discord, and check out the project boards. There are so many opportunities available to start building your portfolio of service or learning something new! There are also many avenues to mentor new players, share your skills and give back Smile

In the near future, I will be planning a Q&A with the current and past cabinet and government officials in to help you get questions to answers! Start thinking of questions you have and take a look at campaign platforms if you need inspiration Smile

Finally, let me know your thoughts and what you want to see happen in TSP. We grow, we develop, we change in a healthy community so let’s take a lead on the kind of change we’d like to see.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Sounds like a beautiful idea! I'm in.

Sign me up.

Cool
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I'm in
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

Yeah, cool, this sounds pretty alright. Count me in.

Hm, whats that now, three or four political parties?
John Hills- President of Ausstan

(02-23-2018, 05:47 AM)Ausstan Wrote: Yeah, cool, this sounds pretty alright. Count me in.

Hm, whats that now, three or four political parties?

4 official parties, many more un-official
The 4 official are: Allliance for the Preservation of the Coalition, Southern Progress Party, The Island League, and the Island Democratic Party (Yay!)
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister

Oh, sorry I meant parties I've joined.

Anyway, one is effectively dead, and the other never really started, so that makes 2 for me, APC and ISP.

It's not a political party Tounge In fact, it's anti-party. Anyone can join, there isn't an application or secret servers or fancy titles. The projects that come out of this will benefit the entire region and be available to all!

Is it perhaps an action committee that wants more transparency, accountability and open space for discussion and debate? Perhaps.  I don't know, this is new ground for me so let's see where it goes Smile

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Yeah, cool, fair enough.

Anyway, I just found I got left out of the APC after 8 months of inactivity (fair enough).

The Independent South Pacificans plans to hold a town hall meeting this month so citizens can check in with their elected officials!

My goal is to schedule this the week of March 8-12 and\or 15-18 where each elected official is available to talk to citizens about what is going on in TSP in a town hall format on Discord Smile

If you would like to help support this, please contact me here or via DM\TG\PM AND also start thinking of and submitting your questions for our elected officials. 

Delegate (Seraph), Prime Minister (Roavin), Chair of Assembly (Nakari), Minister of Foreign Affairs (Tim), Minister of Military Affairs (Somyrion), and Minister of Regional Affairs (Escade Tounge).   In addition, we have other members of government such as the Local Council who should be available either on Discord or gameside. 

Take a look at campaigns and platforms and start thinking about what you want to know and also what you'd like to see! This is also a great opportunity to ask, "What does your ministry do?" "How did you start off your career?" "What is your favorite accomplishment in TSP?" and other fun questions like that!

I really want to hear from you so either post questions\thoughts here or send me a message!

This will also help support Lamphshade Academy, a university led by Penguin and intended to help TSPers share their knowledge and teach it to others Smile

Escade

Delegate | Vice Delegate 
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest