We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Journal of the Commissary of Gameside Affairs.

Good evening SPPers!

So, March has begun! I have had my time to settle in and work out what everything does so now it is time to get down to the nitty gritty. Below is a copy of my journal that I promised to do in my campaign, telling you what I am currently working on as I continue to serve as your Commissary for Gameside Affairs.

Thank you for your continued support.

Journal of the Commissary of Gameside Affairs:
Settled In:
I have now settled in to my Office within the Central Committee and mapped out for myself everything I am going to do in the term lasting until July. I haven't forgotten my campaign, don't worry, in fact, I studied it a number of times so I remembered everything I put in it and also wrote down a few notes to help me remember so I have them written down clearly and know all the jobs I promised to do as well as all the other jobs that brings with it that I also must fulfil in my role.

A Few Tabs:
As I stated in my campaign I do keep an eye on activity to see what's going on but given my current status, this job is even more important to me to do so I now make sure I am monitoring activity on the gameside at least twice a week. Tabs that I keep tabs on (see what I did there?) include Regional Activity, World Assembly, World Activity, Dossier Activity and the Regional Message Board (RMB).

3-day Plan for Newbies:
To date, my 3-day Plan for Newbies has been a success. How it works is on Day 1 I introduce the newbie to NationStates and explain all the functions found on both toolbars they'll see gameside, aided by links to make it easier. In introduce them to our Cabinet and to who the Commissaries of Military, Foreign and Regional Affairs are if they have any questions in those respective areas. Day 2, I introduce the newbie to the South Pacific Forums and explain where everything is. Again, I provide links where necessary. Day 3, I introduce the newbie to the South Pacific Discord Servers explaining about each one and what they stand for and all the functions there such as voice channels and PMs and the like and, once again, where necessary, I provide links. At the end of all three of these telegrams, I tell the newbie that if they have any questions, not to hesitate to ask me them and I will try my best to answer them as fully as possible.
Party Policies:
I have yet to start work on Party Policies in relation to the Local Council (LC), WA Delegate and Gameside Integration but I hope to begin these jobs this week or next week. I hope to speak with the General Secretary regarding these jobs also.

Online Safety:
I would like to remind all nations gameside that safety on the Internet is really important. You literally don't know who you can and can't trust. That doesn't mean that you can't talk to anyone online and have to be afraid to do anything at all, it just means if something happens that bothers you, is happening that is bothering you or something that might happen in the future that might bother you, don't be afraid to speak up. I am available to talk to, your WA Delegate, Erinor is available to talk to, any member of the Council on Regional Security (CRS) is available, these include Drugged Monkeys, Farengeto, Kringalia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo and Tsunamy, Prime Minister Roavin is available and any member of the LC, will update this pending the results of the current LC election. Until they are finished, there are still plenty of caring people to talk to.

Suggestions:
Finally, if you have any suggestions for extra jobs you would like me to do, please don't hesitate to contact me by way of telegram gameside, primarily, or if you can't manage that, through PM on Discord and the Forums respectively.

Qaweritoyu,
Commissary of Gameside Affairs.