We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] A New (hopeful) Administrator Appears!

Our local Deutscher and all-around trustworthy and dedicated Roavin has been nominated to be added to the Administration Team. He brings with him: 
  1. Being in a different hemisphere than the rest of the admins
  2. Good judgement
  3. Trustworthiness
  4. Foreign language skills
  5. Tech know-how
While the Administration Team chooses who they want to be on the team, the Assembly is tasked with the solemn duty of approving any new administrators. Presumably this will run like any other nomination: 3 days of debate then 3 days of voting, majority approval required.

Full support. Roavin is an immensely capable individual who has proven himself loyal to TSP, trustworthy, and is very capable in general technical stuff. I can't think of many better for the role than him.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

First, I'm incredibly honored to even be considered!

Second, I'm open to any and all questions.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I couldn't think of a better nomination, myself, so I'm fully behind this.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Also think this is a great idea and love how the admin team is proactive and engaged! <3

Roavin, some questions:
1. What is a reasonable time frame between a TSPer making and admin request and admin getting to it?
2. Considering some of the discussion around how TSP archives can be hard to search through - do you think this is an area where admin might reorganize\streamline?
3. If you were to make one change right now to the forums, as an admin, what would it be and why?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(04-15-2018, 11:02 AM)Escade Wrote: 1. What is a reasonable time frame between a TSPer making and admin request and admin getting to it?

Depends on your definition of "getting to it" Tounge

I don't think it's possible to come up with a time frame of how fast a request can be fulfilled. Some things take a few button clicks, some things require actual coding, and in most cases non-techies (or even techies not familiar with myBB) don't know what it takes to fulfill a request.

I think it's reasonable to have a reaction within 24 hours, even if it's just "I've seen this, we don't know when we can get to this yet".

(04-15-2018, 11:02 AM)Escade Wrote: 2. Considering some of the discussion around how TSP archives can be hard to search through - do you think this is an area where admin might reorganize\streamline?

Reorganization has been talked about since I joined TSP Tounge

There have been quite a few ideas and proposals made, both by admins and non-admins. I think it's something to approach in the medium term, though I don't see it having the ultimate priority.

(04-15-2018, 11:02 AM)Escade Wrote: 3. If you were to make one change right now to the forums, as an admin, what would it be and why?

I don't actually know, because right now, I'm in a position of ignorance! There are several minor things I can think of (arrangement of the top menu on the Island theme, for example), or some features that would help make things more friendly (a landing page), or generally streamlining things (reviewing the user groups and making sure they're sensible). Knowing about the magic and madness contained within the Administration control panel may very well change that, though.

Still here for questions!

Will you give me a sinecure?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

(04-21-2018, 05:46 AM)Belschaft Wrote: Will you give me a sinecure?

I already made you Chief of Subversion and Sandwich Making! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!!?!?!? :cry:

(04-21-2018, 06:22 AM)Roavin Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 05:46 AM)Belschaft Wrote: Will you give me a sinecure?

I already made you Chief of Subversion and Sandwich Making! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!!?!?!? :cry:

I'm too busy to subvert anything and no one is ordering any sandwiches Sad
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]