We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nominations to the Legion of Honor.

I nominate the following to the Legion of Honor: 

Kringalia to the class of Freedom, for his extreme and diligent service to the south pacific for a considerable length of time. 

Roavin to the class of Valor, for his consistent and honorable service to the region as a military member. 

Nakari to the class of Service, for her service to the betterment and advancement of the region as the Chair of the Assembly. 

This a tremendous event, and I am thrilled that the Legion of Honor begins with these three and with this nomination!

(1) The delegate is to be the entity that issues the Award to the recipients and must consent to each nominee that is to receive the Award; 
(2) The nominees for the Award shall be nominated to the classes of Service, Valor, and Freedom by the Assembly or by the following means:  
a: Nominees may be nominated to the class of Freedom by the Prime Minister or Chief Justice;
b: Nominees may be nominated to the class of Valor by the Minister of Military Affairs or the Council of Regional Security;
c: Nominees may be nominated to the class of Service by any member of the government, or by direct regional poll. 

I think you just contravened the law you wrote there.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Awe's post:
  • Escade

(04-27-2018, 10:11 AM)Awe Wrote: (1) The delegate is to be the entity that issues the Award to the recipients and must consent to each nominee that is to receive the Award; 
(2) The nominees for the Award shall be nominated to the classes of Service, Valor, and Freedom by the Assembly or by the following means:  
a: Nominees may be nominated to the class of Freedom by the Prime Minister or Chief Justice;
b: Nominees may be nominated to the class of Valor by the Minister of Military Affairs or the Council of Regional Security;
c: Nominees may be nominated to the class of Service by any member of the government, or by direct regional poll. 

I think you just contravened the law you wrote there.

(3) Any legislator as well as the delegate may introduce a candidate for nomination to the Assembly. Candidates are nominated upon the completion of a majority vote.

The act’s wording is a bit confusing. We should probably fix that.

I also think these should be written like SC Commendations, to give it the appropriate pomp and circumstance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04-27-2018, 11:00 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: The act’s wording is a bit confusing. We should probably fix that.

I also think these should be written like SC Commendations, to give it the appropriate pomp and circumstance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you be willing to help me out with this (fixing the uncertain wording)? Also where can i find the SC Commendation structure?

So, with the current Delegacy term nearly at an end, it seems an appropriate time (if not too late) to bump this thread.  As per the TSP Legion of Hono(u)r Award Act:
TSP Legion of Honor Award Act Wrote:3. THE ISSUING AND NOMINATION PROCESS:

(1) The delegate is to be the entity that issues the Award to the recipients and must consent to each nominee that is to receive the Award; 
(3) Any legislator as well as the delegate may introduce a candidate for nomination to the Assembly. Candidates are nominated upon the completion of a majority vote.  
(4) Sitting delegate cannot award themselves the honor, and if they were to be properly nominated by one of ways listed, it would be at their predecessors discretion to confirm their nomination.

(5) No person shall nominate themselves for the honor or be involved in the process of their own nomination regardless of position held in regards to process of nomination.
So, further to the nominations made in the opening post, I'd like to nominate Tsunamy to the class of Freedom, USoVietnam to the class of valo(u)r and Sandaoguo, Belschaft, Escade and Tim to the class of Service.

Also, @Roavin, could you use your discretionary powers to correct the various typos and grammatical errors in this law, please?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

I second islands_of_unity's nominations.
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

(07-20-2018, 11:06 AM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: I second islands_of_unity's nominations.

Can I motion this to vote? If so I do.

I'm not sure what if anything these rewards represent? Time\effort\service\merely existing?

It seems like if everyone gets a medal then its pretty worthless. 

I'd say there should be requirements like SC commendations where the player has to be proven to have contributed to the region in a substantial manner with at least 1-2 paragraphs highlighting their contributions.  Otherwise, let's just give everyone one.

If it's that latter case, I have plenty more nominees.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

[-] The following 3 users Like Escade's post:
  • Belschaft, Tim, USoVietnam

I'd really like some reasoning beyond fancy wording provided by the author before I feel comofrtable making a decision on the proposal. Since this is a rather prestigious award, I don't think we should be voting on it based on a short sentence giving a generalized description of the nominee's work.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tim's post:
  • Escade