We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Executive Order: LegComm

So, both Viet and Faren are on Leave. Res is still being processed. The Legislator Committee does have a mandate to respond within 48 hours, which is obviously not possible. So I propose that we enact an executive order allowing appointment of a temporary committee member while all committee member seats are vacant or their holders on leave. As an appointment, I'd suggest myself since I've done it before.

Suggested text:
Quote:With both USoVietnam and Farengeto on leave and the third seat as yet vacant, the Legislator Committee currently has no members to perform its duties. However, there are several outstanding applications that have not been responded to yet (despite the 48 hour requirement in Article 2 Section 2 of the Legislator Committee Act), and generally it is the opinion of the Cabinet that Legislator Applications must be handled speedily to aid retention.

Article VI.6 of the Charter grants the Cabinet the authority to enact executive orders in case of ambiguities or holes in extant law. Since the case of an absent Legislator Committee is not considered in the time requirement set out by the Legislator Committee, the Cabinet considers this a hole in extant law and therefore enacts the following executive order:

1. The following section shall be considered appended to Article 1 of the Legislator Committee Act:

Quote:(4) If there is no member of the Legislator Committee available due to vacancy or leave, and there are outstanding duties to be performed, the Cabinet may appoint an emergency member to handle any urgent matters of the committee. The Council on Regional Security may, on security grounds only, rescind the Cabinet's appointment. The emergency member's tenure will last until the Cabinet rescinds the appointment or until one week after a regular committee member is available, whichever happens sooner.

2. Roavin, who has served on the Legislator Committee before and has written the guide in use by the same, is appointed as emergency member of the Legislator Committee.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Do it
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

Sounds good

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I asked CRS if they'd oppose it; I didn't get an aye or nay though Faren (ironically >_>) questioned whether this is legal (I maintain it is, for the reason stated above), and Glen asked why we don't appoint somebody to become a new permanent member (to which I said we're still in the process for the new third member, plus I have a running start)

I'll take it as them not formally disagreeing Tounge

If Somy assents, I'll go live ASAP.

Sounds good as well.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

And we're live.