We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Should the following amendment be adopted?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Aye
77.78%
28 77.78%
Nay
13.89%
5 13.89%
Abstain
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Amendment to the Criminal Code

A motion and second have been received on the following amendment to Article 1 of the Criminal Code.

As an amendment to a general law, this vote requires a three-fifths majority to pass.

The voting period is three (3) days. Voting will end on May 17th 2018 at 19:00 UTC.

The debate thread can be found here.

Quote:(8) Bribery shall be defined as the receiving or offering of undue patronage by or to any individual in order to influence behavior that the recipient would otherwise not alter.

Bribery should be illegal. It is unethical and low moral. I feel it lowers a person character
Khaszae Kenner
Leader of
 Khazadine
Legislator Of The South Pacific 05/18- Current
World Assembly Member 04/18

Please try and keep discussion to the discussion thread Tounge Thanks!

I'm the first to vote. I will vote Aye in support of this proposal. We are taking the proper steps by supporting this bill.
The South Crystal
Serving as a voice in the Legislature since April 2018!

Aye.

(05-14-2018, 04:20 PM)Ostium Wrote: I’d go with Aye for this amendment.

Though as you said, bribery can be interpreted in many different ways, with the ‘true’ definition being unclear to most people.

If you were to include this law within the Criminal Code, I’d recommend specifying the true definition according to a vote among our peers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please discuss in the discussion thread, which is linked above.

Votes should be a simple Aye, Nay or Abstain. After all, "I'd go with Aye" doesn't mean you are going with Aye Tounge

I vote nay, not because I disagree that bribery should be made illegal, but because I disagree with the language.

(05-14-2018, 06:41 PM)Lakania Wrote: I vote nay, not because I disagree that bribery should be made illegal, but because I disagree with the language.

You don't need to make a post here if you have voted on the poll. Please discuss the language in the discussion thread. All further discussion posts here will be deleted.

Aye

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Aye

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8