We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Appointment of Resentine to the Legislator Committee

Dear Chairwoman, dear fellow Legislators,

while it took much longer than anticipated, finally we have an appointment to the Legislator Committee. Resentine is a true and loyal son of the South Pacific, and can always be trusted to care for the Coalition's security and safety. He has some experience in the matter, having done some less-involved security checks on other platforms at times; wih the extensive guide and guidance within the Legislator Committee, we're sure Resentine will get up to speed on our processes quickly. He is familiar with the general GP landscape.

A concern raised during the application process was his propensity to drop off the face of the earth for a while. The candidate himself acknowledged that and has demonstrated intent to handle RL busy-periods better going forward; we were ultimately satisfied with the answer and didn't feel this precluded a nomination.

Chairwoman, with the power vested in me as Prime Minister of the Coalition, I declare that the Cabinet has in good faith appointed Resentine to serve as member of the Legislator Committee in accordance with per Article 1 Section 2 of the Legislator Committee Act, and request that the corresponding assembly procedure is initiated.

The Cabinet and the appointee are happy to answer any and all questions that our fellow Legislators have.

-- Roavin
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Yay, Res!

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

This is an unexpected but welcome appointment! I can think of no better 'face of the forums' and am sure he'll do a great job.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(05-20-2018, 03:55 AM)Seraph Wrote: This is an unexpected but welcome appointment!

You missed a golden opportunity here.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I motion this for a vote. I believe Resentine will keep up with the traditional values and standards here in the Legislature.
The South Crystal
Serving as a voice in the Legislature since April 2018!

(05-20-2018, 03:27 AM)Roavin Wrote: I declare that the Cabinet and Chief Justice have in good faith appointed Resentine to serve as member of the Legislator Committee

Just to be clear, the Chief Justice has no statutory or practical role whatsoever in the appointment of the Legislator Committee.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(05-20-2018, 02:07 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 03:27 AM)Roavin Wrote: I declare that the Cabinet and Chief Justice have in good faith appointed Resentine to serve as member of the Legislator Committee

Just to be clear, the Chief Justice has no statutory or practical role whatsoever in the appointment of the Legislator Committee.

Oops, that was a copy paste error >_>

TO THE EDIT-MOBILE!
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Let it be known, that this is the worst idea in the history of TSP.

Will Resentine even build the wall?

There are some bad hombres here and there is no way, that a LOSER like Res will keep them out. /s
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

I'm still learning about people, but can you tell me about yourself?
The South Crystal
Serving as a voice in the Legislature since April 2018!

yasss
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister