We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resentine for MoFA!

[Image: VVYepp5.png]
So hi. It’s been a while hasn’t it?

I haven’t run for office in quite some time. In fact I’ve deliberately tried to keep my involvement in both domestic and interregional politics just because I didn’t want to deal with it. I’ve read the laws, read the arguments, decided on if I liked them and then voted. I’ve stayed quiet and comfortable in my quiet corner as SPSF General, admittedly blackballing my politics side other than the occasional post in NSGP. While I’ve interacted with everyone, in both GP and here in TSP, I’ve not truly been involved since my time as MoMA during the 2016 Great Council Government. But now I’m ready to come back. I’ve spent some time looking out from my corner, and have decided me sitting silent wasn’t doing anyone any good. So, let's get right to it then. Tounge

Experience outranks everything - I have played a leading role in SPSF for 3 years now since my appointment to General in May 2015. While SPSF had ups and downs throughout my time there, it has given me much in the way of understanding my role as a leader of an organization. During my service I’ve learned from countless others in other regions by observing, understanding how they operate, and then taking that and applying it within SPSF. I think those sorts of observational, planning, and leadership skills are what make both a good military officer and leader, and though the Foreign Minister is a civilian title, I’d like to see how I can use my skills that I’ve picked up over the years and apply them to an executive office.

No conflicts of interest - TSP always has been, and will be, my home. For 3 years, I’ve been an active member in TSP affairs, with everything from SPSF to the Legislature to TSP RP on my sleeve. Despite my short time in the NPO early on in my career and my current time as a resident of TRR(which, let’s be honest, every R/Der is at some point Tounge), TSP is my first, and only real home on NS. And I think it’s quite clear in how I’ve stuck around: joining SPSF less than a month into my time here, sticking on as a General for (now) over 3 years, even my 6 month stint as MoMA after the Hileville coup, I’ve stuck around in times it would’ve been easy to leave. I’ve stuck around because I feel a strong sense of duty to a region and community that has stuck by me during my worst and best of times, even during times when I wasn’t there. I’ve brought that sense of duty with me to my Generalship, my time as MoMA during the Great Council Government, and I’ll bring it with me to the FA office.

Consuming Souls - As it was with my last political campaign, the reaping and consummation of souls must continue! In recent years, TSPers have outright failed to sacrifice to proper number of new players to the great [v] and our savior Max Barry! This failure cannot be allowed to continue. Upon my election, I will outright guarantee the continued sacrifice of new players to the great [v], who will continue to protect and favor TSP for the many years to come!

Primary FA Objectives

In Foreign Affairs, my first priority is continuing to support and work with our allies in TNP, TEP, TRR, the NPO, UDS, and Conch Kingdom. I’ve had a ton of experience working with people from all of those from both my time in SPSF and my time wallowing around the Discord-space, all of these regions are filled with people who’d love to work with us on anything from festivals to military operations, and I certainly look forward to working with these folks in a more formal way in a position as MoFA. With a number of events coming up during the summer and fall, like the Inter-Regional Games and (admittedly my personal favorite) N-Day, the MoFA will most certainly be working closely with both SPSF and the MoRA to maximize participation, and working closely with our allies to make sure all upcoming inter-regional/NS-wide events are a fantastic success!

Second, I’d like to continue pushing for the support of the Peacekeeping initiative in Lazarus. With the Entryist LWU government out of the picture thanks to Imki, once again we can finally look forward to the return of a locally run government in the Sinker. The Peacekeeper Initiative, I feel, is the pinnacle example of what GCRs can accomplish if we decide, just for a minute, to put aside our differences to do the right thing. I’d like to continue to see an expansion and potential formalization of an Interregional Peacekeeper Program, as an organization like that has clearly proved it’s worth in situations like Lazarus.

I think that this would initially take the form of an inter-regional council, who would discuss potential war-torn regions and whether the Peacekeepers would be necessary to ensure stability and native governance. I’ll be honest, I don’t think it will fix all the problems between the different GCR spheres, or that the Corps overall won’t sometimes feel useless. But, the idea itself is one born of idealism, and the hope for a better future, and I believe it’s formalization would serve well as an object to bring the GCRs together, and ensure stabilization both in Lazarus and give a chance for peace the potential intra-regional conflicts to come.

Third, I’d like to continue to capitalize on the expansion of TSP’s Ambassador Corps and Embassies. Over the last 8 months, we’ve seen a complete and successful return of the TSP Ambassador Corps under Tim, and that is something I would like to continue to push and capitalize on, by both reaching out to more regions for embassies, in turn allowing us to recruit more ambassadors for the Ambassador Corps. The Ambassador Corps often provides an excellent source for newer players to gain FA experience, and it allows us to keep a direct line with our friends and allies across NationStates.

Intra-Regional Affairs

Domestically, I’m going to continue the strong cooperation between the MoRA and MoFA branches. Both branches have seen a lot of great cooperation in the last year working together on festivals and celebration programs, reaching out to our friends and allies to help us celebrate events in the party capital of NationStates. I would like to continue to expand on this relationship, opening up TSP to more potential festivals, and the first idea that comes to mind for me would be a Science Fiction Festival. From Isaac Asimov to George Lucas to Gene Roddenberry to James S.A. Corey, fans of the Science Fiction/Science Fantasy have a massive variety of works and universes to delve into and discuss. If elected, I’d like to push for TSP to host an Inter-regional Sci-Fi Festival to help celebrate the works of all the vast amount futuristic and interstellar works we have come to love over the years. I already have too many ideas to keep them down in this campaign thread, ranging from everything to Sci-Fi game nights to RP events, I can think of a number of regions who would be more than happy to get involved in this project with us, most notably the NPO, who has a Sci-FI RP community much like ours and who I’d definitely like to bring into the fold for this project if elected.

Obviously, given my own direct involvement with SPSF as a General, if I were elected I would push for a closer relationship between the two organizations. First thing on my mind is helping SPSF have a more public face. Despite recent slowdowns due to large scale operations, SPSF remains the most active GCR military in the game, and I think it’s time we really show it. What I would like to see is regular SPSF Update operation posts on TSP’s GP forum Not only do I think this will help with SPSF’s public face, I think such posts and dispatches would make excellent tools for recruitment efforts and to continue to show the rest of GP that SPSF remains NS’s premier military. This particular project is one that I think we can use to really bring all the writers in the ministries together, and even some of the writers from TSP RP.

Dealing with NSGP

As I’ve made clear before in other chats, I have little interest in the trivialities and circle jerking we call NSGP. Obviously, We will continue to support and work with our allies, make regular updates on the forum as things in TSP continue to progress and my previous above idea for work with the SPSF, but I have very little interest in those who are looking for an easy headline for regional propaganda TGs or some rather boring trolls who seem to have this strange insistence on calling themself a delegate(*cough*Balder*cough*). While I do not think the answer to dealing with them is simply not indulging their pathetic frivolities, I do believe the solution lies somewhere between sarcasm and mockery. While sometimes it may not be a bad idea to deal with them in a serious manner, making fun of them will at least be much more fun and stimulating for the rest of us as we use our creative minds to crack witty responses at their expense. As for NSGP folks who aren’t our friends but aren’t exclusively worth our mockery(*cough*NotBalder*cough*), if they have a change of heart and decide to start working with us, that’s great. I’d love to work closer with some of those regions. But if they continue their current policies towards us, I’ll be satisfied enough with current status quo.

Well, that just about covers everything. If anyone has any questions, feel free to DM me on discord, or ask them here! Cheers!

An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

HI RES! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS RELATING TO THE JOINT GOOD OF GAME-SIDE, FORUM AND DISCORD COMMUNITIES?
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

Hello Res, what would you you say is your outlook on potentially signing more treaties with regions we work close with yet don’t have a treaty with yet?

(06-07-2018, 03:17 PM)The Solar System Scope Wrote: HI RES! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS RELATING TO THE JOINT GOOD OF GAME-SIDE, FORUM AND DISCORD COMMUNITIES?

I'll be blunt and say that's a bit more of an RA question, so (pings RA candidates excessively) but I think good communication will be important to make sure Gameside, Forumites, and Discorders are all on the same page. I think a regular dispatch officially from FA to keep people up to date on our plans and the goings on of our embassied-friends would help keep everyone up to date and allow input from all corners of TSP.

also, addendum: WHY ARE WE YELLING? I THOUGHT ELECTIONS WERE CIVIL AFFAIRS!? Tounge

(06-07-2018, 03:45 PM)Flemingisa Wrote: Hello Res, what would you you say is your outlook on potentially signing more treaties with regions we work close with yet don’t have a treaty with yet?

No worries, we already have a plan! The Defensive Alliance for Venerable Entryists, or DAVE, will bring the full brunt of Franco-defenderism to the forefront against the Imperialist Terror! Don't worry, we don't have any *actual* enemies, we just want to stop Imperialism from spreading to other regions, by using definitely not force! /s (anyone who actually considers them a terror owes me a drink)

Honestly, I don't expect my career in FA to be defined by new treaty partners as it would be by maintaining and expanding on current relationships, and this is probably a conversation I'd have in more detail with the FA team and the Cabinet once elections are over, but if all parties involved are interested in a formal treaty, I don't really see why a treaty can't be negotiated. So, entirely possible, but admittedly not in my immediate plans for the office.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Do you believe the Cabinet should go back to using formal statements as the primary means we communicate in the NSGP forums?

What is your view on the IJCC? What do you think TSP should do or not do in response?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

(06-08-2018, 10:02 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: Do you believe the Cabinet should go back to using formal statements as the primary means we communicate in the NSGP forums?
While I'm not gonna go so far as to say "Primary" I do think we could do it more often. I think what I'd like to do is develop an initial, official response to situations with the FA Team, and then allow them all to break off and respond to NSGP or wherever the situation is developing. I think an official statement will give the FA team a clear and direct objective of how we want a conversation or situation to go, allowing them to better respond to issues and statements from other regions.

So yea, I'd like to make it happen more often, but I think both formal statements and FA team responses have a place in how we approach NSGP and other regions.
(06-08-2018, 11:35 AM)Roavin Wrote: What is your view on the IJCC? What do you think TSP should do or not do in response?

Can agressive, almost evil laughter be the answer to both of these questions? Cuz I think it can.

HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though, This is Balder & LKE's last, desperate grab at staying relevant in any sort of GP sense, and I honestly feel bad they're insisting on dragging Europiea down with them. There are plenty of good folks in Euro, but they've given Onder and Solorni far too much influence and it's gotten to the point where it is actively hurting the region from an FA standpoint. I'm sure that, much like it's predecessors, the IJCC will descend into inactivity and the eventually dissolve after everyone involved finally realizes it's uselessness.

As for what TSP's gonna do about it? SPSF and the fine Libcord go after all raiders who are active(so I doubt we'll actually see any IJCC turnout, but hey, who knows? Maybe they'll surprise me), but outside of that there's not really much we can do. Unless Europeia were to elect a new president who was more friendly with the other GCRs rather than the ImpShpere, This organization is probably going to come into existence and prove to be yet another of a dozen multi-region orgs(except unlike AA or AIR, pretty much doomed to fail even right now). They don't listen to us an enough of them don't care what we have to say. So they're going to form, stagnate, collapse, and die, just like most other things with Balder's name on it. Let it run it's course. Let us focus on our relationships with our allies while the last attempt at a UIAF withers out and dies.

That said, if you want a less serious response, please see my last post for the DAVE Alliance!
~Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you for running and running a serious campaign.

I have a serious concern about how you answered the question regarding IJCC. I believe that the goal of TSP FA should be that we have the best relationship possible with other regions and that it's inappropriate to jokingly mock regions we do not have the best relationship with in this manner. If our professional foreign representative is okay antagonizing these regions in this manner, what hope do we have for the relationships between us to get anything but worse?
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

(06-08-2018, 09:09 PM)southern bellz Wrote: Thank you for running and running a serious campaign.

I have a serious concern about how you answered the question regarding IJCC. I believe that the goal of TSP FA should be that we have the best relationship possible with other regions and that it's inappropriate to jokingly mock regions we do not have the best relationship with in this manner. If our professional foreign representative is okay antagonizing these regions in this manner, what hope do we have for the relationships between us to get anything but worse?

I understand why, but honestly, the potential members of the IJCC haven’t been interested in having serious relations with us, or almost all the other GCRs for years. I don’t think we should waste being bothered to continue the courtesy. Solorni deflects and actively trolls on almost any situation that brings up any sort of hypocrisy or anything regarding the flimsical nature of her arguments, Onder does almost the same thing and just tries to keep it hidden by burying it in text. I mean hell, Solorni regularly reminisces about the Hileville coup in 2016, which she supported at the time while Balder was allied to us, and can't wait for TSP to be couped again.. One of the only reasons they supported Funk/LWU in Lazarus was because they wanted to claim a victory over TSP. They are not a group of people interested in either dealing with TSP seriously or in good faith, and I don’t think we should waste time by extending them courtesies.

Before it’s even said: this is not an alignment issue. I’m an indie, anyone in the SPSF staff can confirm that I don’t care about alignments. I couldn’t care less if Balder & LKE raided every day of the week. What I do care about is someone being a responsible and fair actor in NSGP, something they could absolutely do as a set of regions. But they don’t. They just sit around, threatening, taunting, deflecting, and trolling, and I don’t think FA should waste it’s time trying to deal seriously with a group of people who’d rather see this Coalition coup’d than reach out and work with it. There is no way for our relations to become worse because our relationship with them has been non-existent for years. They certainly haven’t acted interested in changing that, and unless they decide to be proactive for once in Solorni’s reign, I don’t plan on changing that either.
~Mahatma Gandhi

If you could highlight one aspect of your campaign to convince me to vote for you, what would it be?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Resentine