We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Serres for MOMA Summer 2018

Howdy folks, it’s that time again and guess who’s back? Yep that’s right, RON is here to run for MoMA once again! This is my fourth consecutive MoMA run and this time I’m really feeling it. Improvements from last time? 1: I have a Campaign. I hear that’s great for the whole ‘running for office’ thing. 2: I’ve actually updated within the last two months! I know right? Such a dependable boi.

Okay, jokes aside, here we are again. I’m before you folks of the assembly with a brand new campaign to blow your socks off. Well it isn’t really ‘new’ per-say, just redefined. You see these last few terms I’ve been busy juggling with ideas and freeing up my rl schedule so I can really try and be the MOMA TSP (and the SPSF) deserves.

As you might already know my whole mantra is ‘A better GP for R/D’. Now what does that mean exactly? I’ve been juggling that question in my brain for quite a while now. Honestly the answer is complicated and a lot of it is honestly above the ability of a single org or region. However, that doesn’t mean it’s beyond us to better ourselves. So I’m switching up my classic mantra with a new one. We ready? No? Well crap I came all this way and now I’m just..

“A Better TSP for R/D”

So this might seem even more convoluted than my original mantra. So let me explain. By no means do I think TSP and by extension the SPSF is a toxic place for Raiders or Defenders. In fact as far as D. Leaning/Unaligned orgs go, we are the best. That is my honest opinion. SPSF is the best Military Organisation on Nation States. I’m here for a reason folks. Furthermore this mantra does not mean I intend to implement radical (or any for that matter) alignment change in SPSF. No all this means is that I wish to protect the freedom of choice our soldiers currently have the luxury of enjoying. The more freedom our soldiers have the more people from all walks of alignment will join us, and the more friends we have the more ops we have access to participating in.

This idea of maintaining and protecting the individual soldier’s freedoms in order to open the doors to new allies and new recruits transitions well into my first main goal as a MoMA. That is the strengthening of MoFA and SPSF cooperation and collaboration. I want to see the Ministry of Foreign Affairs work in tandem with the South Pacific Special Forces to scout new allies (especially when it comes to military alliances) and implement more programs and policy. In pursuit of this I really want to push for SPSF to increase its presence on GP with regular GP Embassy updates. I’ll probably have to handle the bulk of these updates and am willing to do so until I can get a reliable officer in place to handle it. In order to further establish this goal and to help with hosting more SPSF based ops, I will be appointing Somyrion as a cabinet advisor. He did excellent work last term and I want to see him continue to help mold SPSF into a real leader in the GP Sphere.

Now, in regards to Officers in the SPSF (and the currently unused Commander rank >.>) I want to redefine the roles of each Officer within the military. Most of the SPSF’s Officers have held that position for ages and the two we currently have have established themselves as unique leaders across TSP in a multitude of different ways. I want our Officer ranks to exemplify this even further by creating sub ranks that can be applied to officers to help them decide what aspect of SPSF they want to be mostly involved in. As well as repurposing the unused Commander rank to establish a position responsible for managing the Officers and organizing them further. The specifics of the exact set up of both of these is still in workshop for me but I’m excited to make it one of my first re organization projects in my term should I be elected.

I regards to reorganization, I want to revamp the SPSF forum side thread into a more active and accessible environment. Primarily I plan to do this by working with the admin team to reorganize and archive some of the old threads and once the ball gets rolling I’ll be posting updates on SPSF activity there as well. Finally a big plan and one I took inspiration from Escade during her term as MoMA, I want to see the SPSF get some established roleplaying going. I plan to work with MoRA with this one and already have a bunch of ideas for possible rp’s. Seeing more casual activity on the SPSF side of the forum is a big goal for me.

Finally my biggest campaign goal is the establishment of a new branch of the SPSF. The branch organization’s primary goal will be the education and assistance of small ucr’s unfamiliar with the mechanics of GP. Firstly, I want introduce UCR’s to GP in an unbiased way that lets them decide for themselves whether to join R or D or to just opt out entirely. I want smaller UCR’s to have some defenses against orgs that would take advantage of their lack of training and understanding. While the mechanics of the program are still being fleshed out. I want to try and include the entire GP community in its creation. This is why I would like to, with help from our MoFA, locate advisors from some of the orgs across the R/D spectrum to help with writing up a code of conduct for the program and its members. One that will ensure both Raiders and Defenders are fairly and equally represented by the program. While I understand the hurdles that comes with this type of project as I have spoken to several senior members of our region about it, I believe that if we approach it correctly and intelligently we can see success in the venture.

Well, I guess I’ll open up the floor to question, and before you ask:

“What do you plan to do should you not be elected?”

“I’ll just keep doing what I have been. Training folks when I can, updating from time to time and working on this potential joint outreach program with whoever does get elected. Implementing any administrative change will be impossible tho so I’ll just bug the MoMa as I do now ;p.”

Now, behave yourselves down there in my campaign thread you rascals!

And don't forget!

[Image: SerresCampaign1.jpg]
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

HI SERRES! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS RELATING TO THE JOINT GOOD OF GAME-SIDE, FORUM AND DISCORD COMMUNITIES?
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

So, I am Accepting Questions on Discord as well so I’ll post the questions, who asked them and my responses in this thread as they come the first one comes from legislator and discord user AstroVulpes. (The Solar System Scope on TSP Forum) He asked:

“What are your plans relating to the joint good of Game Side, Forum and Discord Communites?”

My Response:

“ Well, to start I have my native outreach program outlined in my campaign. I really do think that once that gets going it will foster some pretty cool growth in UCR communities. As far as the good of forum and Discord. I’m planning to reorganize the SPSF branch of the forum to make it more organized, modern, and hopefully active. Furthermore the SPSF Discord server will get a little re organization as well. I want to host more ops there and want to try and structure it to be more accessible for that. As for outside of TSP. On discord I want the SPSF to be a even more active force interregionally. We got members from all over but I want to work with MoFa to get those soldiers possibly set up in ambassador positions so that we can set up new allies and as far as off sight forums. I wanna work with MoRA to organize some military themed festivals that we can help other regions host or host ourselves using forums as a ad platform for that.”

Thanks for the question! I hope for more to come!

EDIT: Fox Ninja’d

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

What role do you think the MoMA and the SPSF has in relation to foreign affairs?
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific
[-] The following 1 user Likes southern bellz's post:
  • The Serres Republic

(06-08-2018, 09:23 PM)southern bellz Wrote: What role do you think the MoMA and the SPSF has in relation to foreign affairs?

This is an interesting question and I thank you for it. With the way our current cabinet system is constructed, minister involvement and participation in policies and actions among other ministries is determined by a number of factors. The most important of course being the level of cooperation between each ministry and the personal preference of the individual ministers of any given term. This demographic fluctuates from term to term as is the nature of democracy. Of course the minister of any given ministry has final say on any policy that regards that ministry. It is my hope that during my time in office the SPSF and MOFA can work together in deciding foreign policy for our region however respecting the autonomy of the MOFA is very important to me especially when I consider that this would be my first term in office. I guess this answer rings true to my opinion on how I should conduct myself in regards to all three of the other ministers. I am here not only to learn but to help improve and strengthen tsp as a region in tandem with the other ministers.

If you could highlight one aspect of your campaign to convince me to vote for you, what would it be?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • The Serres Republic

Clearly, there become a lot of disharmony in the current Cabinet. Could you share your take on the "Motion of No Confidence" and what you would do differently to ensure a better working relationship?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tsunamy's post:
  • The Serres Republic

(06-10-2018, 02:56 PM)Seraph Wrote: If you could highlight one aspect of your campaign to convince me to vote for you, what would it be?

This is a really interesting question and as such I want to answer it twice, once for you as an individual and once again for the region as a whole, so if you would humor me:

First the prior; a big part of my campaign is increasing joint events and operations between cabinet members and their respective ministries. I want to see even more activity in the region in as many ways as possible during my term. Right now our Discord and RMB activity levels are fantastic but in regards to off site forum activity there are a few areas we could improve in specifically in regards to the ministry threads themselves. In regards to SPSF I want to work towards fostering more activity through that outlet via rps and a streamlining of the organization in the threads themselves. The SPSF sub thread needs a lot of organization work and once its finished up I hope to see more activity there. This mindset will be applied to all areas the SPSF can be applied to. I want to see us have more of an active presence everywhere. Weekly/bi-weekly GP updates is a way I want to do that as well as encouraging soldiers who aren't active on the RMB to head over and get involved. I just want the SPSF to increase its member presence and activity and have many plans in order to accomplish that.

Secondly, the former; I would like to take this time to bring up my UCR outreach program that I have spent some time working on with members of the current cabinet. This is the big 'bam' of my campaign for lack of better words. I really want to see this program take off and propel SPSF and TSP as a whole become an undisputed leader in GP. I believe that we can strike a fair balance between R/D w/o compromising our morals and the ideals of both us and our allies. This program is a step towards that and I hope that all of the voters here share my enthusiasm for its potential success.
(06-11-2018, 10:26 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Clearly, there become a lot of disharmony in the current Cabinet. Could you share your take on the "Motion of No Confidence" and what you would do differently to ensure a better working relationship?

Now, as I have said elsewhere but will now repeat here, The motion of no confidence was an unnecessary attack that resulted in a lot of private discord between our ministers being brought to light. There has been a lot of name calling, childishness and infighting among our current cabinet and it saddens me to see it. I truly believe that the differences between our individual cabinet members was menial and if they had only been more understanding of one another's preferences and behaviors this could have been avoided. I do not believe for an instant that any of our cabinet members during last term were unqualified or a threat to our regions sovereignty. This event was simply a result of close minded outlooks and a lack of individual drive to understand one another. Differences do not need to turn into fist fights and this is a big part of how I conduct myself as a legislator and hopefully, as a minister next term. You see, unless the security of the region is being compromised by disloyal ministers, there is never a reason that a compromise cannot be met. This is evident by the words and actions of our ministers once the reality became clear and public. You see, while they did continue to fight among each other in the motion's thread I find it heartening to see that three of the four ministers chose to stand down and not participate in this term's elections. This willingness to follow advice and take a step back shows me that we as a region are very strong. Our community has bonds that run deep and rivalries that run just as deep. Discord is to be expected among any cabinet that is formed here as is the nature of long standing communities however the difference comes when cabinet members chose to put aside those differences and reach understandings. Even during the last term I personally found multiple instances where this very thing happened and that fact is what gives me hope and determination moving forward. I can promise you now that my ideals and office will always come first; however it is my humble duty to, in spite of that, reach compromise and decisions with my fellow cabinet members. I both understand and am prepared for the gravity of this responsibility; for that is what being a leader is. By stepping up to this platform I have made a silent vow to, while keeping my own ideals in mind, make decisions that put the regions needs before my own. That is what being a public servant is and as such I am here to serve you the legislators. Thank you for your question Tsu, it needed to be asked.

[-] The following 1 user Likes The Serres Republic's post:
  • Seraph