We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nakari for MoRA!

[Image: YjvnvpN.jpg]
I suspect it’ll be a slight surprise that I’m running this term, since even I thought I’d be staying as Chair of the Assembly for another few months. But there was an opening, it’s something I’ve been interested in for a while, and I figure I can do a pretty decent job!

Openness and accessibility

As COA I’ve worked to increase the accessibility of the assembly. This included the Legislator’s FAQ, the publication of dispatches to make Discord-lite legislators aware of votes and Assembly discussions, and individually telegramming legislators who weren’t keeping up to remind them of vote requirements and offer to answer their questions.

The Ministry could similarly be made more accessible and cater to people who aren’t on discord. When events or newspapers are being prepared and lists are being drawn up of what is needed, I’d like to make the region aware that they can contribute, and forward google planning documents to people who are part of the ministry and just not on discord.

I’ll be reorganising the ranks and masks to put more focus on the skills that each person has offered to contribute, and probably use the skill masks a lot more. And of course, contributions on projects will be tracked, so nobody gets forgotten in the credits.

Gameside involvement
[Image: f839dB0.png]

I’ll be working with the delegate and the LC to make sure any events are represented on gameside and forumside, even if not as much as they are on Discord. Having multiple venues for people to join in will likely encourage more people to get involved.

I think it’s definitely possible to utilise NationStates’ own structure more, and reach more people who wouldn’t otherwise be aware. For example embassies - I was surprised how many RMBs I could reach from TSP’s, and how many people engaged on the RMB that hadn’t on the Discord. It would be cool to perhaps, in co-hosted festivals, have a shared region with embassies to all the hosts, and run RMB events there. And since people seemed to enjoy the festival RMB quiz, I want to make these a regular thing even outside of events.

Fun! Hopefully!
[Image: g5zDwOx.png]

Obviously, there are going to be festivals, with new allies and old. I’ll co-ordinate with MoFA to choose the regions to build relationships with through these. I already have a first one planned. And as above, I’ll make sure it reaches gameside. Along with the fast-paced activities we’re used to, I plan to introduce slower paced events such as regular RMB quizzes and creative competitions in festivals. I’d also like to bring back the South Pacifican Ejection Contests.

I already have a festival idea that I think could be run in early July. Imagine a Pokemon festival, with teams chosen by starter type, being awarded extra types for success in competitions, trivia quizzes, Pokemon design competitions, R/D competitions to capture regions done up as gyms... it would be great to work on this with the Rejected Realms and the East Pacific!

I’ll set up a welcome committee – a team that will work on creating a post to welcome any new forum members, and keeping this updated throughout the term. It will include various things to get involved with, such as what the ministries are currently working on, what’s happening in South Pacifican roleplay, and current discussions in the Assembly.

And, as I’m pretty sure every single MoRA ever has said in their campaigns, we should work on our journalism! It would be great to bring together voices from both the South Pacific and elsewhere. Articles on current events, historical and statistical analyses, creative contributions, and non-serious articles such as games, quizzes and satire.

So! I’m excited about running and having a potentially great term, and I hope this campaign reflects that and makes you feel even a little of that enthusiasm. Please feel free to ask any questions you have!

HI NAKARI! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS RELATING TO THE JOINT GOOD OF GAME-SIDE, FORUM AND DISCORD COMMUNITIES?
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

=11ptI think its most of all just an issue of communication. Obviously I’m a bit biased as a mostly discord-and-forums based player, but it would be great to mix those communities up a bit more - get more RMB-y people trying out the discord, and more discord-y people trying out the RMB. The recent festival got some RMBers to come to the discord through exclusive events, and I don’t think it would be hard to do that the other way around - have RMB exclusive events, invite discord-y people to interact with RMB-y people and get less scared of it :p =11ptMORA and MOFA, at least, could probably work more on recruiting gameside and assigning things to do to gameside players. Discord is a useful planning tool for festivals and journalism, sure, but I do think people can contribute without being on discord if given the chance, and that allows us to widen the pool of potential fuuun. Same with MOFA, though probably more of a security issue with MOMA. =11ptIt’s also important to keep people on all sides updated on what’s going on in the region. Point in example vote dispatches notifying legislators who don’t go on the forum or discord too much :3 and the RMB has the TSP regular. When LC elections are done, I think it would be good to work with the new LC, creating/adapting a newsletter that can be posted in all three venues and has relevance to all three.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nakari's post:
  • Seraph

How do you feel about the regional involvement in this election so far?
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

If you could highlight one aspect of your campaign to convince me to vote for you, what would it be?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Clearly, there become a lot of disharmony in the current Cabinet. Could you share your take on the "Motion of No Confidence" and what you would do differently to ensure a better working relationship?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Sorry for the few responses so far - been busy with uni for the last/next few days, but about to be
free until September. Wanted to get at least a couple more out before voting starts...
(06-08-2018, 09:20 PM)southern bellz Wrote: How do you feel about the regional involvement in this election so far?

Could be more. There have been very few questions, and no debates have been held. Haven't seen much on the RMB, which isn't much of a surprise since any people only on the RMB won't be voting, but also very little on Discord. My guess is that people have been exhausted by Cabinet drama enough for now. Still a shame though.

(06-10-2018, 02:55 PM)Seraph Wrote: If you could highlight one aspect of your campaign to convince me to vote for you, what would it be?

I'd say putting more events and things towards gameside, but Ian used that for his answer so I don't think it would convince you Tounge So I'll go with expanding recruitment and planning to gameside, linking to making it easier to access and contribute to projects.
  • Seraph

(06-11-2018, 10:26 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Clearly, there become a lot of disharmony in the current Cabinet. Could you share your take on the "Motion of No Confidence" and what you would do differently to ensure a better working relationship?

I think a lot of tension built up in Cabinet that made it very difficult for anyone involved to accept blame or to say they'd ever made a single mistake. Was the MoNC a good way to release that tension? I think it went pretty far, but I think without it, that tension would still be bubbling under the surface and the Cabinet would be completely unaccountable for anything. The Assembly wouldn't know anything about what was going on behind the scenes, and I'll bet we would have just elected the exact same people and had the exact same problems.

To solve it, the Cabinet needs to actually work together. I don't mean that they need to think the same on everything - but it would help if, when having different opinions, that would be accepted as part of teamwork and compromises could be found, instead of being seen as an insurmountable division. The Cabinet should also be accountable, and publicly act to resolve issues. Ministers should be able to accept they are not perfect, and to work to improve that. Nothing's perfect, and our Cabinet, whoever's in it, certainly won't be. But it can at least be healthy.
  • Seraph