We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amerion 4 Supreme Bureaucrat

Guten Tag meine Mitbürger!

It is I, Admiral General Stewie Griffin of the Ice-Cream Loving State of Amerion!!! *you may bow down to me in eternal respect*

Alas, I have grown weary of ruling over my despondent slaves. Torturing babies no longer give me that oompf it once did. In this moment of toddler-life crisis, I seek newfound meaning. But where you ask? Where shall I find a new dominion to make equally if not more miserable than my current cesspool of depression. TSP's Assembly of course Devil

I promise to be the most devilish Supreme Bureaucrat in your boring history of do-gooders. You are welcome in advance.

You will of course vote for me; if not for the reason of me being the best than for sake of your family (whom I may or may not have hidden in my secret volcano lair for 're-education') ...

Yours evilly,
Adm. Gen. Griffin <3
[-] The following 4 users Like Amerion's post:
  • New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Somyrion, The Sakhalinsk Empire, Tim

(tries to figure out if serious, questions anyway ;-; )

What do you believe the role of the Chair of the Assembly should be in driving the Assembly, and how will you fulfil that role?

What do you think is the ideal relationship between the Cabinet and the Assembly?

How will you encourage legislators to stay active in the assembly, and make sure they are aware of new votes?

The pool of people engaged in Assembly discussion has admittedly been pretty small recently. What are your thoughts on this? Do you have plans to widen the pool?

If minimum debate time was over and a motion and second had been made on a draft, are there any reasons you would delay something being brought to vote?

Will my family be returned with their limbs still on?

(Is 'deadly' serious Devil )

What do you believe the role of the Chair of the Assembly should be in driving the Assembly, and how will you fulfil that role?

As the presiding officer, the Chair should preferably concern him/herself exclusively in the administrative side of the legislature - refraining from potentially politicising the office by opining in any matter not concerning the laws and procedures which affect the Assembly as an institution.

What do you think is the ideal relationship between the Cabinet and the Assembly?

Cautious optimism.

Assembly members, being the constituents of Cabinet members, are fully entitled to and indeed should exercise all manner of oversight. While I would hope that voters have the utmost faith in their elected officials, it would be disingenuous to suggest that officials always proceed with the most appropriate plans.

How will you encourage legislators to stay active in the assembly, and make sure they are aware of new votes?

With regards to awareness, I intend on making it my personal mission to be a cactus-like stick lodged firmly up people's plush bottoms. What I mean by that is for a notification ping not only in the Discord Legislators' Lounge but also a direct message to both Assembly members' forum account and to their registered NationStates nation.

The pool of people engaged in Assembly discussion has admittedly been pretty small recently. What are your thoughts on this? Do you have plans to widen the pool?

This answer also relates to encouraging activity in the Assembly.

It is difficult to precisely formulate an agenda which will guarantee a larger Assembly, and hopefully as consequence, a greater number of interactions within the Assembly itself. Membership to the Assembly is not a matter exclusively reliant on the efforts of the institution but more so due to the participation of the individual in the region as a whole. If people are committed to partaking in TSP in whatever capacity, it is all the more likely that they will join the Assembly.

Nevertheless, I think the Assembly would benefit from expanding its scope from addressing purely legal matters to a whole host of new, if not somewhat untraditional, concerns. To take a page out of the World Assembly General Assembly, resolutions from this Assembly concerning all aspects of NSGP is one such idea. As too is the establishment of a polling agency which would gather and disseminate people's attitudes on any such issue which could remotely be of interest to this body.

If minimum debate time was over and a motion and second had been made on a draft, are there any reasons you would delay something being brought to vote?

I can reasonably foresee a contentious debate on a number of topical issues, wherein after the debate time has lapsed, certain individuals attempt to force the conclusion of that debate through the motioning and seconding of a vote. In such a case, where there is still much left unresolved in the discussion, I would think that to be just cause for a short extension of the debate period.

Will my family be returned with their limbs still on?

Most likely ... However, their state of mind is an entirely different question.

If elected, how will you balance your role as Chair of the Assembly with your role in Lazarus?

Do you anticipate any situations in which your role in Lazarus could compromise your ability to serve faithfully and to the best of your ability as Chair of the TSP Assembly?
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

If elected, how will you balance your role as Chair of the Assembly with your role in Lazarus?

My role in Lazarus will largely be limited to what I imagine to be in a Guardianship capacity. It is not my present intention to seek the Lazarene delegacy or an executive position which would require decisions which may very well have an impact on TSP. However, with that being said, even in such a scenario, the role of the Chair is not one which explicitly mandates a policy portfolio. The Chair's affairs are more so domestic in nature and would not, under normal circumstances, interfere with any foreign relations.

Do you anticipate any situations in which your role in Lazarus could compromise your ability to serve faithfully and to the best of your ability as Chair of the TSP Assembly?

Were this a region with historically antagonistic ties to Lazarus, I could reasonably say that there may be a conflict of interests. Given the friendly relations between TSP and Lazarus, I do not see an issue which could compromise my ability.

Nevertheless, in the extremely unlikely situation where the two regions' relations with one another were to devolve into an untenable association, then I will, of course, resign rather than compromise the integrity of the office.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Tim

What legislative work have you done in TSP? What’s something you’ve done in the Assembly you’re particularly proud of?
[-] The following 1 user Likes sandaoguo's post:
  • Rebeltopia

(06-25-2018, 04:08 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: What legislative work have you done in TSP? What’s something you’ve done in the Assembly you’re particularly proud of?
Admittedly, my legislative history in TSP has been limited solely to votes. All of which I hope to amend in the coming months. I hope however, that it does not disqualify me from serving in an administrative role.

Would you continue to use the dispatch system I suggested last term which tags players who haven't voted yet?

If not, would you use a different system to try to get participation?

Cormac did indeed start a legislator roster (although I'm not sure how up to date it is now) - how do you feel about maintaining that document and also how much warning would you give to people before removing them as legislators?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Would you continue to use the dispatch system I suggested last term which tags players who haven't voted yet? If not, would you use a different system to try to get participation?

I'll throw the kitchen sink. They'll get the full package - dispatches, direct messages, the whole lot.

Cormac did indeed start a legislator roster (although I'm not sure how up to date it is now) - how do you feel about maintaining that document and also how much warning would you give to people before removing them as legislators?

I myself am quite fond of keeping an accurate report of everyone and everything so the roster will indeed be in use, and it shall be blindingly pretty.

Every legislator who misses a vote shall receive a polite if not robotic DM/Discord message alerting them to what I suspect would be an inadvertent miss. Should one be most unfortunate as to miss a second consecutive vote, they can expect a sterner more motherly approach.
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Escade, Tim

What kind of chair would you use?

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8