We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Frost for Chair

So.... I'll think I'll keep this short, sweet, and simple.

I am Frost, and I am running to serve as your next Chair of the Assembly. 

There are two things I plan to do if elected as Chair of the Assembly

1. Make sure the assembly continues to run smoothly and ensure that all bills are brought to a vote instead of languishing in the assembly.

2. Promote the Assembly game-side by working together with the Delegate, Local Council and Ministry of Regional Affairs. I'll also have a daily post on NS urging residents to join the Assembly.

And that's about it.

I'll be happy to answer any serious or silly questions you may have and may the better candidate win.
[-] The following 3 users Like Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Seraph, Tim

What do you believe the role of the Chair of the Assembly should be in driving the Assembly, and how will you fulfil that role?

What do you think is the ideal relationship between the Cabinet and the Assembly?

How will you encourage legislators to stay active in the assembly, and make sure they are aware of new votes?

The pool of people engaged in Assembly discussion has admittedly been pretty small recently. What are your thoughts on this? Do you have plans to widen the pool?

If minimum debate time was over and a motion and second had been made on a draft, are there any reasons you would delay something being brought to vote?

What do you believe the role of the Chair of the Assembly should be in driving the Assembly, and how will you fulfil that role?

Unfortunately, unlike my opponents I don't envision a specific role that I will serve as Chair of the Assembly. I believe that a Chair should adapt to the situation at hand. In this particular case, it would be to spur discussion via a mass telegram or discord ping about a resolution that used to be debated extensively until activity dipped.

How will you encourage legislators to stay active in the assembly, and make sure they are aware of new votes? 

Through the three methods available to me, discord pings, nation states telegrams, and mass dispatches. I will be pressing the LegComm or relevant forum administrators to update the legislator roster to ensure accuracy.

What do you think is the ideal relationship between the Cabinet and the Assembly?

The ideal relationship between the Cabinet and Assembly is one of mutual trust and transparency. I trust that the Cabinet will be more transparent than previous Cabinets, but I will be messaging the Cabinet for Weekly, Biweekly or Monthly reports of their activities so that the Assembly is informed about possible treaties, festivals, operations and other activities.

The pool of people engaged in Assembly discussion has admittedly been pretty small recently. What are your thoughts on this? Do you have plans to widen the pool?

That’s a bit of a tough one since there are plenty of legislators who vote, but don’t actively participate. I can’t force them to post on a debate either.
However, I can at least expand our pool by trying to recruit residents in TSP Game side to join the Forums. I can do this by working together with the Local Council, Delegate, Minister of Regional Affairs, and other relevant offices to issue dispatches, telegram users interested or interact on the RMB with other users.  

If minimum debate time was over and a motion and second had been made on a draft, are there any reasons you would delay something being brought to vote?

Yes, but that depends on the situation. The first may be due to clerical errors like if a bill isn’t properly formatted. Second, is in the rare instance that debate continues despite the motion to vote, such as a situation where a controversial resolution, appointment, or action is being debated on.

What do you think gives you an advantage over other candidates?
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?

(06-27-2018, 08:24 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote: What do you think gives you an advantage over other candidates?

I think that I do not have an advantage over the other candidates, and that we all have an equal chance at becoming the CoA. Each candidate has their own unique qualifications and goals that voters can vote for. Even if I am not elected CoA, I am confident that my opponents, Amerion or Rebeltopia, will make a great Chair of the Assembly.
[-] The following 3 users Like Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Seraph, Tim

Do you think it's going to be hellish to work with the Local Council?
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?

(06-28-2018, 09:24 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote: Do you think it's going to be hellish to work with the Local Council?

I do not know what prompted this question, but as a matter of fact I do not believe that working with the Local Council will be a hellish experience. There are many great candidates, who if elected to the Local Council, that I would be happy to work with as Chair to promote forum side activity.

Would you continue to use the dispatch system I suggested last term which tags players who haven't voted yet?

If not, would you use a different system to try to get participation?

Cormac did indeed start a legislator roster (although I'm not sure how up to date it is now) - how do you feel about maintaining that document and also how much warning would you give to people before removing them as legislators?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(06-28-2018, 10:57 PM)Escade Wrote: Would you continue to use the dispatch system I suggested last term which tags players who haven't voted yet?

If not, would you use a different system to try to get participation?

Cormac did indeed start a legislator roster (although I'm not sure how up to date it is now) - how do you feel about maintaining that document and also how much warning would you give to people before removing them as legislators?

I am not sure with what you mean about how I feel about maintaining the Legislator roster, but its something that needs to be done. Keeping the Roster up to date is a key part of ensuring that I can succeed as Chair of the Assembly and inform legislators about upcoming votes in the Assembly. I plan to use the dispatch system used by the previous Chair, Nakari, to inform legislators about a resolution that is motioned to vote. Afterwards I plan to use discord ping users and telegram legislators personally about an upcoming vote. On the last day I will send a dispatch tagging legislators who haven't voted yet. Also when a legislator misses their first vote of the month, they will receive a telegram urging them to vote when the next resolution is brought to vote, so that they will meet the minimum voting requirements.

What kind of chair would you use?

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8