We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Tsuprise! It's tsu easy!

This election cycle, we have a wonderful mix of new and old (but not as old as me!) people running to be delegate!

But, I'm going to try and make this simple.

You know me. You love me.

Let's talk about why you should vote for me.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Skeptical Voter: So, tsu? Again? Didn't he just lose to that shark guy?

Yes, yes again. We know I run a super stable region and that will continue to be the case. Maybe we'll dig into the archives and pull out a few coup Tuesdays, but I'm a delicious known quantity. Consider me the Starbucks of delegates. Tasty, reliable and easy available. Sometimes you're going to go try that new thing, but tsu's still there -- just in case.

SV: So, you're comfortable and easy?

And, relatively cheap! Will work for gift cards! 

SV: That's ... um ... great, but why should we vote for you?

Beyond being reliable, I know what I'm doing and willing to give the job 110%. I'll welcome people to the region. I'll help the Local Council. Hell, I'll even vote in World Assembly polls! 

SV: But ... that's your job?

Yes, it is! And that's why I'll do it! 

SV: So ... you'll do the job?

Yes! Absolutely! I will get the job done.

SV: Is that all?

Kinda. You all know I'm a hands off kinda guy. We have Farengeto and the Cabinet doing all the Gameplay stuff and we'll have The Solar System Scope and the rest of the Local Council promoting activity and all, so my goal will be to help them when they ask for it and otherwise stay out of the way.

Q7: But Erinor did more? Why are you so lazy?

He did because he is a phenomenal delegate! My goal will be to keep our endorsements rising and promoting the World Assembly like he did! I like it! 

Also — my personal goal will be to build bridges between the RMB community and the offsite community. This has been my pet project for the better part of 15 years, so I look forward to having an official platform to do it again.

Anyhow, skeptical voters that's why you should vote for me! Elle Woods: future lawyer for the class of 2004. tsu for delegate of The South Pacific! 

However, I'm happy to take questions from the region! I'll post the questions and responses below! 

In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to read and I hope I've earned your vote! 

-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 4 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Amerion, Atlantica, Seraph, Somyrion

What would you say to those who deride Easy A as a B-grade film?

(07-05-2018, 09:12 AM)Amerion Wrote: What would you say to those who deride Easy A as a B-grade film?

That it was the end of a era in teen films. It fits into the vein of films like Clueless, 10 Things I Hate About You and Cruel Intentions. 

It just came out 10 years too late.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tsunamy's post:
  • sandaoguo

What the hell is your obsession with GIFs?

What do you think is the most important quality of a delegate?
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?

(07-05-2018, 01:42 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote: What the hell is your obsession with GIFs?

What do you think is the most important quality of a delegate?

1) Gifs are great. They communicate without communicating. They make pop culture references easy. They are something everyone can relate to.

2) I think there are two important qualities in a delegate as we currently have it set up. First, is to make sure the region is secure. Second, is to help the region get along and make living the TSP an enjoyable time. We're the party region and need to be living that up!
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 4 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Escade, New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Roavin, Seraph

I view the fact that multiple former delegates were nominated for the position as delegate a major concern. Do you share that concern and if so what do you think nations like us can do to ensure that newer generations of TSPers are capable to lead?
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

I am really glad you're running and happy to see a fun campaign!

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

[-] The following 1 user Likes Escade's post:
  • Tsunamy

Nobody would take me seriously if I ran a fun, silly campaign Tounge
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • Tsunamy

(07-05-2018, 03:30 PM)southern bellz Wrote: I view the fact that multiple former delegates were nominated for the position as delegate a major concern. Do you share that concern and if so what do you think nations like us can do to ensure that newer generations of TSPers are capable to lead?

The answer here is yes and no. Obviously, I always want space for people to be able to grow into. It's not ideal to have a loggerhead at the top so no one else can get to it. I think we need better ways to get people involved, however, I also see that as the Cabinet's realm — not the delegate's realm.

The delegate is intended to be a figurehead who holds down the fort and doesn't compete with the Cabinet and/or LC for power. I think that's why you're seeing previous delegates being nominated. I don't want to talk on behalf of other, but speaking for myself, my "moving and shaking" days are well behind me. I'm happy to serve the region and make sure we have a space for the offsite and LC governments to operate, but I don't need or want to put anymore mark on the region.

There are people who have not been delegates who would make great delegates. Some of them are currently in other positions at the present (Farengeto, Roavin) or just busy (PS2, Glen). It also makes sense for active members to take on other roles; the Cabinet and LC are far more hands-on and have more legitimate authority than delegate. 

I know none of that really answers your questions, but I suppose I look at it a bit differently. While I think our activity is somewhat a problem, I'd say we have a greater problem graduating people from legislator to Cabinet positions (which would free up people to run for delegate), more so than getting people from Cabinet level to delegate.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Two questions (that I’m asking everyone so yay):

What makes TSP unique?

What will you do if you are not elected Delegate?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021